Elijah Moore Requests a Trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFOREVER, Oct 20, 2022.

1. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

No.

2. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Normally, not a fan of Bart Scott but he has a pretty good response here.

3. BrooklynJetsFan

Again, problem solved. Put him in the slot. Wilson is not lighting it up there and dropping a few passes. This is an easy solve. Not sure how Saleh & co let this get public.

Acad23 likes this.
  4. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Can we draft a player that actually likes playing here?? :D:(
    I feel for Moore it's gotta be frustrating playing WR in this offense. I think they want to slowly ramp the passing attack up without existing ZW too much. Still feel we're going to need these guys to compete with the big boys so I would not be looking to move anyone right now

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Wow. Didn't see this before.

Fuck Elijah Moore really. AVT for president

Nyjets4eva, REVISion and jets_fan like this.
  6. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

JT Osullivan who played in the NFL does a QB review thang on you tube...

TOTALLY CALLED MOORE out... 'the part that kills me, that i would come unglued ..... he's jogging like he's gonna get his ass on the sideline for a long time"
    starts about that play ~14:30

NCJetsfan and Acad23 like this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

"Get them to trade you to Philly"

Usually I wouldn't guess it was a high profile guy like AJ Brown, but seeing the video of him with Elijah before the draft, it was giving me Single White Female vibes. Really awkward.

Moore's probably getting tweaked up about Berrios taking snaps and targets away from him.

Cman68 and AtlantaJet like this.
  8. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I mean, Jesus Christ. First good mojo in 7 years and we now gotta deal with this bullshit?

Un.fucking.real.

9. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I know exactly what im talking about. I already said something about the long developing passes, empty backfields on 3rd and short and lack of running attempts. The jets were bottom in the league in run attempts one of the tops in pass. And they dont call short passes as frequent as you think. Thats why the passing game struggles. Not because Wilson is so bad or the recievers arent getting open.

Nyjets4eva and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

I might be radical and petty from me but I would not trade or release him and Mims. This is pro sport, you need to have the proper attitude to succeed.

zace likes this.
  11. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

if they thought he would play his best in the slot. they would put him there. the coaches have put a game plan to win and they doing it. you cant just listen to the players and give in to what they want and def not ones who have played 16 games and left the team. He needs to be inactive this week and EARN his spot on the team.

12. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

C’mon… the jet sweep they run with Berrios 2x a game? That’s a scripted play… a play which guatantees the ball the player’s hands.. bubble screen would be another…

Nyjets4eva, zace and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  13. BrooklynJetsFan

Too bad that doesn’t work with modern athletes at the skill positions, especially good ones.

14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Nothing radical about it.

15. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

I love how ppl are saying “it’s only one mistake, we make them at 22 years old.” Well it’s not one mistake, it’s at least a few:

AThe tweet AFTER a WIN
    B-Few days go by, no amends made
    C-Give him the day off to cool down, no change of heart
    D-Requests a trade
    E-Then leaks it to reporters. Or if he didn’t leak it, he doesn’t deny it.

At ANY point during these 5/6 days he could have said, “ya know what, I lost my mind but I’ve cooled down” but he didn’t.

He’s not going through this situation alone, he has teammates, an agent, etc who can advise him, and he’s still doing this trade demand. He knows what he’s doing and doesn’t wanna be here!

I know we have his rights for a few more years, but I don’t like how this smells. We’re deactivating him, and that’ll do what? Have him come crawling back next week, begging to play and being a model citizen? Doubt it.

Hes 17 games into his career, I’ve never seen someone do a demand this early. I wouldn’t want a potentially malignant guy like this in my locker room. I’d ship him and Mims (although not malignant) out fairly quickly. I just can’t see his attitude changing and not potentially causing trouble. That said, I wouldn’t trade Moore for peanuts just yet, but if a 1/2 decent offer comes along, foods here.

Wilson, Davis, Berriors and whatever we get + our current weapons should suffice.

bleedgreen likes this.
  16. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He gets more than any other jets reciever. He quits on his routes and gets lazy.

17. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

the way which Breece has been playing means that he was going to get a larger slice of the touches, and in the Packers game, running the ball just kept on working so MLF came around and was just giving touches to him and Carter. Zach clearly has trust in Corey Davis when it comes to the crunch time in games and quite frankly G Wilson is a better more polished WR than Moore. Throw in the offense we run designs a larger than normal touch/target count to our TE's, and it's not surprising that Moore isn't running away with the target count. Do we change what's been working on offense for the last 3 weeks? Especially coming up against a defense with one of the top 3 CBs in the league?

dmw, NCJetsfan and zace like this.
  18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Yes hes a kid. Stop acting like age doesnt matter. It does, they lack the life experience to deal with this kinda situation. You gonna sit here and tell me youd handle all your situationsthe same at 22 and 42? Stop you wouldnt.

You have absolutely every right to be mad that hes disrupting your favorite team, but put it in perspective too.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. BrooklynJetsFan

Exactly. The more I think about it, the more on Saleh & co messed this up. You need these WRs happy so they can keep complacent during this ZW development period. Because the next 4 weeks we’re facing really good defenses, and we definitely need EM on the field.

20. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Selfish prick.

Last thing we need is Zach altering his progressions like Eli Manning (Jeremy Shockey) and Mark Sanchez (Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Buress) did years earlier.

Stevied likes this.