Elijah Moore Requests a Trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFOREVER, Oct 20, 2022.

1. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The sky's the limit for us with that move.

Nyjets4eva and IDFjet like this.
  3. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Cool, just what this team needs, a distraction

JetFanInPA likes this.
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  5. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I like the idea of putting him on the inactive list. I'd keep him there indefinitely and let him watch Berrios light it up in his absence. But I think I'd also give the franchise's most pathetic franchise, Washington, a call. Maybe they would be willing to part ways with a 7th rounder so that Moore can go from a playoff contender to a team that won't see the postseason the remainder of this decade.

6. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Elijah Moore for Kyle Pitts. Falcons aren’t using Pitts either

7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Here I thought prior to the season that an E. Moore jersey was a pretty safe one to buy. Glad I didn't do that. But, it does make me want to look on ebay and see how many people are selling Moore jerseys now for pennies.

K'OB and Snatch Catch like this.
  8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Hes not getting traded and ive actually been saying Lafleur is a shit OC for a while now.....brook knows. Moore is in the wrong. Shoulda kept it in house.

Both things are true, and ultimately he'll come back abd theyll figure it out. Hes 22 and emotional. We all were at 22, whether we like to admit it or not. We shouldn't expect a 22 yr old to think like a 40 yr old.

9. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

The way around this is to trade him somewhere awful, assuming we wouldn't have to accept less value in return in the process.

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Geez, as long as they're not from Scotland - who would need more Moores from the moors?

11. jets_fan

Washington would be the ideal destination. A bad team that's pretty much already out of contention and one that probably won't be a serious contender for the remainder of the decade.

REVISion likes this.
  12. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

Let me see if I understand this. If you are young and emotional, its forgivable to display a me first attitude. So the hefty percentage of NFL players who are also young and emotional can also display similar attitudes. I mean if its Ok for one guy to do it, why not 30 guys. 50. 100. How about all the stupid penalties young, emotional guys commit. Do you forgive them their trespasses cause of their age? You mark it down as a youthful discretion never to be repeated.
    No, being young and emotional doesn't absolve you from the consequence of your action. If he were to apologize, saying his emotions got the best of him..yadda yadda, well OK, just get down to business and let bygones be bygones. Have you heard an apology? The team cannot allow such attitudes to exist and distort their plans. Dissatisfied and disgruntled players does not make for a winning team.

zace, EarlytoRise and JetFanInNE like this.
  13. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Yeah. Texans, Lions, Panthers are other good options. All much smaller markets than NY and bad teams. Browns would've been great before the Watson trade too.

14. jets_fan

While I generally agree, those other teams could conceivably get things back on track with a new coach (Panthers) or a new QB (Texans), or somehow finding out how to play defense (Lions). There's no hope for the Commanders. Ship him there for a ham sandwich and let him watch the Jets in the playoffs from his couch each and every January. But hey, he'll be happy, because he'll catch probably one or two of the 12-15 targets that Wentz will no doubt send sailing a couple dozen feet over his head.

15. bleedgreen

Moreover, when I was 22 I made plenty of mistakes and did stupid things. But I learned how wrong I was pretty quickly. And I paid a price. When my kids were 22 they made plenty of mistakes and did stupid things. But they paid a price and learned. In fact, learning from mistakes is a sign of maturity. When I see Moore admitting he made a mistake and has learned something, than maybe he becomes a good teammate.

16. burf

burf Well-Known Member

It's kinda funny how everyone's turning on Moore, as quickly as this whole thing happened.
    And speculating that he's getting bad advice from agents, friends, etc.
    He tweeted right after the GB game, which suggests (there I go speculating) that he's on automatic, & just venting.
    People need to calm down... & remember that this is a young team, with young players of varying maturity.
    Moore is 22 yrs old... he's a child.
    This discipline him, trade him stuff, will only further alienate him, & lessen his value, if a trade becomes necessary.
    This is a learning experience for the CS, too. They need to sit him down, with a few of his close teammates, & talk the thing out. (Ok, throw yer daggers:cool:)

ouchy, Noam and cmcm750203 like this.
  17. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

When Elijah first tweeted, I thought nothing of it and thought it wouldn't be a big deal

I gave him the benefit of the doubt, just a player who is competitive and wants the ball.

Now to request a trade, is beyond selfish. Not sure how the locker room will respect him especially when the team is winning. He has no leverage in trade demands. I hope he matures and this blows over, but he should be inactive this week.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  18. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

This kid didn't just automatically become a diva, this was last season. Probably why he slipped into the second round. Kid is the next Antonio Brown, incredible talent but all about me player. This isn't the kind of player you want when trying to change the culture of a team, hate to say it but I think you trade him. Preferably for a player or what will end up being a high second.

19. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

I’m in no way absolving Moore here, but this tweet implies the staff needed to cool off too. The fact that this has happened twice under MLF is a terrible look for him. Maybe he’s just a giant asshole.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. bleedgreen

He vented right after the game. Ok. That was Sunday. It is now 4 days later. When did he he come out with the trade demand?