After Week 6, Jets win total bet is at +/- 7.5

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 19, 2022.

?

Jets win total for 2022 after Week 6

Poll closed Oct 23, 2022.
  1. Over 7.5 Wins

95.5%
  2. Under 7.5 Wins

4.5%
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Vegas thinks Jets will win more than 7 games based on the recent odds.

Over 7.5 wins at (-165)
    Under 7.5 wins at (+140)

Let's do a poll and keep it open until Sunday to gauge the mood of the board.

2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

It's almost a gimmie at this point.....home games vs Bears, Lions, Jags. I don't see them being swept by NE either....that's not to include the other games which are all realistically winnable except maybe the Bills.

3. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

Vegas is weird on this. We all know that the team is still in rebuild mode and we have plenty of things to improve. But with all our shortcomings, we are now a good enough football team that we find a way to win more often than not, even against teams so heavily favored that no pundits picked us to win. For Vegas to bet that we'll only win 3-4 of our remaining 11 games is just bad math. I'm not a betting guy, but if I were, it seems likely a good bet on the over.

Noam likes this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think we can finish with a winning record and a shot at a wild card. I thought we'd be bad heading into the season, but this draft has been a home run so far, and that's changed things. As long as Zach plays well enough to not ruin things, the rest of the way I've got:

W at Broncos (5-2)
    W vs Patriots (6-2)
    L vs Bills (6-3)
    L at Patriots (6-4)
    W vs Bears (7-4)
    L at Vikings (7-5)
    L at Bills (7-6)
    W vs Lions (8-6)
    W vs Jaguars (9-6)
    L at Seahawks (9-7)
    W/L at Dolphins (10-7 or 9-8)

Whether we win the Dolphins game depends if Tua is healthy, and us making the playoffs could come down to it.

Noam and Acad23 like this.
  5. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

9 wins is what is expected.

anything more over achieved.

anything less, under.

Lam

6. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Seattle is giving up 165 ypg rushing, this is one game I think the Jets will crush it.

7. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Out of the 4 games with the Bills and Patriots. If they can just win one of those 4 the path to a playoff-sniffing win total looks pretty attainable with the rest of the schedule and how they have been playing.

Which is incredible given preseason expectations AND the fact that Zach really hasn't done anything yet and hasn't even played in half the games so far. If he was somehow manage to pick up the pace and "get good" all of a sudden? Its not like that isn't possible.

8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Aha,

You are coming along my friend. I know you are not a big fan of JD. How does he look now? :)

Noam likes this.
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I had thought six or seven before the season started and think I input six to compensate in the poll that has been locked away because I have always overestimated wins in the past few years. It might make it to seven now with the good start but I've been watching plenty long enough to know the other shoe is up there just waiting to drop. Usually it is a size sixteen lumberjack boot. I'm staying with my early prediction because it's just too easy to keep hopping on and off a bandwagon. (Going in cold today I might go for eight or nine.)

10. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

From a cynic perspective we are likely to be underdogs the next 4 games and we could very easily be 4-6 after the next 4 games even if we play well. Winning 1, 2 or even 3 of these next 4 games would be huge. But, a 4 game losing streak and then 8 wins might be pretty hard to reach. While this teams to be made of pretty strong players who will not give up as I Jet fan I know how fast the wheels can come off. Let's beat a very angry Denver team this week and if that happens then maybe anything is possible.

mrjet80 likes this.
  11. mrjet80

Sure if they play Sunday …. This game is over 2 months away. A lot can happen before then including injuries …. But I will say Seattle isn’t a world beater the Jets CAN beat them.

Ralebird likes this.
  12. mrjet80

I said 7 or 8 before opening day. As of now I see a path to 10 but you are correct a lot can happen between now and then. This is an improved team but we don’t know how sustainable it is for this season anyway. These next 4 games will tell us alot …..

Ralebird likes this.
  13. Ralebird

Yes indeed, those shoes drop over the heads of both teams every week. Who would have expected the last three wins in a row? Now, who would expect them if the starters at QB played in each one or the sure thing Hall of Famer was not nursing a bad thumb or two?

mrjet80 likes this.
  14. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Yes

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets are (4-2). There are 11 games left. Even if they go (5-6) in those games, they finish over .500 at (9-8). If they go (6-5), they finish (10-7). Both seem doable right now.

7.5 is an odd number, because they only have to go (4-7) for the over. (3-8) for the under.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm the dummy that bet money on the Jets to win the last three games... and I'ma do it again this week.

WilsonJetsFan, Brook! and mrjet80 like this.
  17. Ralebird

But would you if RWil wasn't banged up?

I'm the dummy that thought it was going to be GWil's breakout week - I needed him to get 50 yards to go with Hall getting a TD and going over 70. I could have gone bigger if I wanted to add ZWil over 220 to the parlay. I didn't. Maybe I'm not that dumb after all and I had Hall figured out pretty good.

Acad23 likes this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Good one...
    and yeah... Russell being banged up doesn't matter. He wasn't playing well anyway.
    Now Rypien scares me a little... :oops:

btw...I hit on these-

Win - 2 Team Parlay Risk $ 10.00 / To Win $ 320.80
    • 10/16/22
      Defensive or special teams TD scored
    • Big Win Little Win - NYJ WIN 14+ pts

Win - SingleRisk $ 10.00 / To Win $ 180.00

• Anytime Touchdown Scorer / Game Winner Parlay 10/16/22
      • Braxton Berrios / New York Jets

Brook! likes this.
  19. Ralebird

Yeah, nice but you obviously have more faith in the Jets, as a team, than I do. But I'll go with them on the long odds too occasionally I have to think I know more about them than any other team. I just have to be careful not to take all the sunshine here seriously.

I always look for a few five buck to 25 buck plays that will get me a few hundred or more back. I have never put a dime into Caesar's or Draft Kings, just took new player freebies and let the balance grow. Same as the horses and Twin Spires but I did put some cash into that a couple of years ago but took $2,000 out after hitting the Trifecta on the Derby this year. Keeping a few hundred in for triple crown next year.

#19 Ralebird, Oct 20, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
    Acad23 likes this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Nice...
    I know squat about horses... but I'll shadow guys that do!