Studs and Duds week 6 vs GB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Oct 17, 2022.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Now you want to compare the 2009 Jets with the 2021 Jets? Wow. Just wow. I have to ask. Are you old enough to remember the 2009 Jets? It's almost sounds like you aren't. No offense.

Noam likes this.
  2. bicketybam

Thank you for realizing your post was pretty silly.

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

So what? They were all guys who struggled in the beginning but went on to the HOF.

As to your list, I would say that only three of them can be considered "great": Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow. But even there, as REVision noted (and I've said numerous times here) context matters. In all three cases they had very good, if not great, receivers to throw to. Who did Zach have before this year? Scrubs and guys signed off the street.

And to be clear: I'm not saying ZW IS great, I'm saying he has the potential to be...the jury is still out. We'll see. But judging him as mediocre or worse at this point is way too premature.

PJ4Ever and cval like this.
  4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Remind me what was Aaron Rodgers' first-half numbers were again? We blow out the Packers and we trash our QB. Only Jets' fans. Would you have rather had Zach throw for 300 yards and we lose?

PJ4Ever and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I don't know about that, I think that's just something people here accuse others of to discredit their opinions. We're all active participants on a Jets forum, the vast majority of us are watching every game.

Stats usually line up with the eye test. As NJ said, it's uncommon for great QBs to have bad stats and for bad QBs to have great stats over long periods of time. I do agree that stats can be misleading when looking at single games.

For sure, but it's also fair to look at which players have been the limiting factors in the team's success. Wilson has been the limiting factor in 2 of the 3 games he's started so far this year. We won the games, sure, but we would've won by more if he had played better, and point differential is a greater predictor of future success than just win-loss record.

We won a lot with Sanchez too, but we didn't win because of Sanchez but despite him. If Sanchez had been better we'd probably have won a Super Bowl.

Jets79 likes this.
  6. bicketybam

No not that. It would be Jets lose, Wilson throws 3 picks and fumbles twice.

7. REVISion

Two things can be true at once - Rodgers played better than Wilson and the Packers still lost.

Why are people acting like Rodgers played terribly? He completed 63% of his passes for 246 yards 1 TD and 0 INTs, all while taking a beating the entire game. If Zach had that statline it'd probably be the best game of his career.

Jets79 and James Hasty like this.
  8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

What he is is clutch. If you have watched these three games you would know that Zach has made clutch throws in all three to help us win.

Jets79, PJ4Ever and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I'm in the camp Sanchez >> Wilson in his first 2 years. I guess the stats are similar but the game is different these days too.

I recall Sanchez' first couple games--he was so energetic and enjoyable. It was either game 1 or game 2 where he's leaping over the line and reaching out to score--reckless but exciting as hell. I blame Schotty for ruining him only because I can't figure out any other reason for his ridiculous demise. Maybe the girlfriends thing distracted him? I don't know.

Wilson cannot fall as far as Sanchez from here because he hasn't reached heights as high as Sanchez.

James Hasty likes this.
  10. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Never lost a playoff game due to Sanchez though. $ in the clutch

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Dudding his way to (3-0)! ;)

12. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Sounds pretty similar to Sanchez.

13. cval

cval Well-Known Member

That was Zach's Stat line last week except Hall could not get into the end zone. What were Rodgers numbers in the first half and he is a HOFer. Zach is a 2nd year player playing with a Rookie as his number 1. Zach played poorly in the first half for a bunch of reasons ( I am waiting for someone to break down the all 22). He stepped up in the 2nd half and fortunately we did not have to throw much but he went 4 for 4. The kid is clutch.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. bicketybam

If you want to call 20 interceptions similar to 13 then I can't argue with you

Sanchez is the reason we didn't win a super bowl with those teams and it's not because he sucked in the playoffs. It's because he sucked in the regular season and we never had a home playoff game.

15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

critical is fine, the people wanted them fired after half a season is not. it's unreasonable especially with a poor roster and a high number of injuries we had last year

16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

What the fuck does Sanchez have to do with Zach? What the fuck is wrong with this fan base.

17. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

its hard be a dud when you have ZERO turnovers.

you want a dud—try flacco against cincinnati turnover city. but wilson and his big fat zero in the turnover column? he didnt play that well but a dud. no way and no how.

Lam

18. REVISion

Sure we did. Sanchez improving upon his awful regular season numbers doesn't mean he wasn't the limiting factor in the playoffs. You can raise your grade from a D to a B and still be worse than the guy who got an A.

Sanchez's numbers in the playoff game we lost to the Colts:

17/30
    257 yards
    2 TD
    1 INT

And Peyton Manning's from the same game:

26/39
    377 yards
    3 TD
    0 INT

19. REVISion

I'm not talking about Wilson's numbers vs. the Dolphins though, I don't know how that's relevant to my point regarding the Packers game. Wilson played great in the Dolphins game. He's a big reason we put up 40 points.

20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I know your trolling, but if you want numbers. zach just came off missing TC and preseason and the 1st 3 games. that was also his 16th game played so he's still basically a rookie. Despite that he's 3-0 and has averaged 30.33 PPG this season (the NFL average this season is like 21 PPG). whether he gets the final TD on a drive or not is irrelevant