Playoffs? Playoffs!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, Oct 9, 2022.

?

Playoffs?

1. Hell yeah (yes)

54 vote(s)
    56.8%
  2. Yeah right (no)

41 vote(s)
    43.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I don't know if they're going to make the playoffs, as that depends on other teams. I still don't fully know how good this team is. If this defense continues to play how it did against Green Bay, I'm confident in every game but Buffalo.

If they can go 6-5 in their last 11 games, that would put them at 10-7. I cant guarantee that gets them into the playoffs, but it'll put them in great position. Their remaining games are:

Broncos
    Patriotsx2
    Billsx2
    Bears
    Vikings
    Lions
    Jaguars
    Seahawks
    Dolphins

The Jets should be able to beat the Lions, Jags, Seahawks and Bears. Assuming they lose to the Bills both games, they need to win two games against Broncos, Patriots x2, Vikings and Miami. I think that is 100% doable.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Certainly possible with how bad a lot of the other afc teams look who we thought would be beasts before the season, like the broncos, raiders, colts, titans, Steelers, bengals, ravens and even the chargers. All of those teams have underachieved so far. There’s a lot of football left, but if that continues, jets could sneak in.

mrjet80 likes this.
  3. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

That trap/counter whatever was a thing of beauty. Last time I recall being as excited about a run was Shonn Greene's 50+ breakout.

PS: I'm astounded by the fundamentals the NYJ are displaying in blocking (eg., Berrios run) and tackling. What happened lol?

#63 IDFjet, Oct 18, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
  4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Seahawks hard to say it’s in Seattle which is never an easy trip. At this point I’d say 50/50. They need at least a split with the Patriots. And this Broncos game coming up I figured may be tough but after watching them last night I can see the Jets squeezing out a low scoring win. Basically every game on the schedule is winnable other than at Buffalo in my opinion. They won’t win them all but yes 10 wins is a strong reality baring any injuries.

5. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

If the playoffs began today the Jets would be the 6th Seed. See where we are in a few weeks.

6. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

How many wins will it take this year to make it 10? 11?

7. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Not to be a downer but beating NE and Miami twice in the same season is not an easy thing to do, I could also see us losing to the Vikings.

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm with those who want to see what happens between now and the Bye. That should give a clear picture of how good they are. They've woken the league up and won't be catching anyone by surprise now, so it's going to a case of "their guys vs. our guys" and who is better as regards talent, execution, and coaching. A tall order. But if they can get to the Bye at 6-3 they have a very good shot. That said, they can't take any teams for granted. If Saleh can get them to actually play one game at a time that should prevent any "trap" games.

But so far this is what I was looking for from them - being competitive, Zach showing growth, and working towards burying the "SOJ" moniker.

cval and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Defense, Offense and Special Teams has a lot of talent. Coaching seems decent.

Everything is now in the hands of Zach. If he can continue mistake free, we will be in the thick of it come December. This year playoffs were always a stretch target. As long as we continue to see the development of players and coaches, making the playoffs becomes secondary in calling this season a success.

Give me 8-9 wins, give me an improved Zach and I am content for the year.

mrjet80, ColoradoContrails and Br4d like this.
  10. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Yea I absolutely don't see that happening. If they can beat the Bears, Jaguars, Seahawks and Lions, that would mean they would only need to win 2 of Broncos, Bills, Bills, Patriots, Patriots, Dolphins and Vikings.

Now, obviously this is all theoretical, I just broke it down into easy games and hard games. Who knows, Jets could lose to Seattle, but catch a lucky win against Minnesota.

Given what we've seen out of the team so far, I don't think going 6-5 in the remaining 11 games is an outlandish outcome.

11. mrjet80

While I understand the enthusiasm this is kind of silly of Costello. It’s only 6 weeks in with 11 to play. That seeding is going to change too many times to count.

We will know a lot more about this team come the bye week ….

12. mrjet80

Even 5-4 at the bye gives them a good shot….the AFC isn’t exactly world beaters this year. And all the Jets need to do is get in and they can do alot of damage even as a road team….as they have shown so far.

13. BleedJetsGreen1981

Considering how atrocious the Jets have been for the last decade it's exciting to see this team in the playoffs conversation in this brief snapshot of time. Sure, there are a bunch of games left, but, if our club continues to ball like they have the last 3 weeks they can punch their ticket to the post-season.

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I could be mistaken, but with the Mariners 20 year playoff drought ending this year, the Jets now have the longest drought among all teams in the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL. Would be nice to end it this year.

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

This is the picture.

It deserves its own thread actually.

16. mrjet80

Of course - this year has been a ball so far. Yes it’s nice to see the Jets and playoffs mentioned in the same season. It’s just way too early to start talking about seeds that’s all.

But yes the way the Jets have played with the tough defense and running game they should be in the conversation for playoffs.

What really isn’t discussed much is how well the OL has rebounded from the beginning weeks considering the injuries and position changes ….

17. BleedJetsGreen1981

Agree with you. Way too early to discuss the playoffs. At this point just one game at a time. Joe Douglas O-Line acquisition of Nate Herbig and draft pick Mitchell (till he got hurt) have been huge. Will be interested to see how Remmers fares this weekend.

It's fun to actually look forward to Jets games again.

mrjet80 likes this.
  18. BleedJetsGreen1981

The Sacramento Kings hold the record for longest post season drought with 16 years since they appeared in a playoff game. New York Jets are second on the current list.

Lon Chaney, CotcheryFan and mrjet80 like this.
  19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I like what our mad backer Scott said on the subject of playoffs.
    Quote “ I like the direction this team is going, with Buffalo most likely winning the division the chance might be there for a wild card best case because the AFC south and west are weak. But is way too early to tell. The next three games will be a much better indicator. If they win 2 out of 3 they might have a legit chance”
    Let’s take it one game at the time.

#79 LAJet, Oct 18, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
  20. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

So I was wrong. I feel a tiny bit better now.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.