2022 - Week 6: New York Jets at Green Bay Packers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 10, 2022.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Oct 16, 2022.
  1. Jets

48.3%
  2. Packers

51.7%
  1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

This is the formula! Great pressure up front. Tight coverage. Mistake free QBing. Great running game.

IDK if they can do this every game but they obviously have the pieces in place to do it. A signature game!

2. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Fortunately so did the Jets

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  3. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

More importantly, has only thrown 2 picks in those 3 games

4. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Bizarro World: If the Chiefs beat the Bills the Jets will be tied for 1st in AFCE.

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Top 3 day of my Jets fandom. I was just to the right of Breece’s leap. I was too busy celebrating to run over. We are fucking back

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Shoulda bet on it... I did.

Win - 2 Team Parlay Risk $ 10.00 / To Win $ 320.80
    • Defensive or special teams TD scored - YES (NYJ @ GB) - Won
    • Big Win Little Win - NYJ WIN 14+ pts - Won
    *sorry to gloat... I hate myself sometimes... :oops:

7. ColoradoContrails

What a great way to be rewarded for your effort in attending the game away and supporting them!

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

And we'll have the tiebreaker because we're 1-0 in the division, and the Bills are 0-1. :D:D:D

9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I wrote a text to a friend who is a big Bears fan at half time and said I watched the first half of the game and and the Jets look to be a much better and more talented team than the Packers. After the entire game I will say it again and much affirmatively the Jets are much better and more talented team than the Packers. Pretty shocking to think such a thing. I don't know how many wins this team will end up with but they are very talented, well coached team that plays really hard. A team that is fun to watch. But, despite all that I am still shocked we are winning these games and winning games easily even more so.

Vida, Nyjets4eva, MSUJet85 and 7 others like this.
  10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Yep, starting with Adam “ I don’t know football” Schein who almost guaranteed a 0-6 start. That’s why I avoid his show like the plague

bicketybam and CaptainCap like this.
  11. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

Nice to see the team consistently coming out ready to play in the first quarter after coming out flat in the early games.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Is it just me?

... or are our uniforms looking a lot better lately?

Keep the look and win next week in Denver!

I said last week I don't think we'll lose a game till we face the Bills... and I'M STICKING TO IT.

13. ColoradoContrails

Yes, like you and most long time Jets fan, I'm still waiting for the "shoe to drop". But I like what I've seeing, This team is winning on talent and effort and smart execution. If it weren't for the hometown refs the Jets would've had very few penalties today.

As I posted earlier, they have the right formula now: Great pressure up front. Tight coverage. Mistake free QBing. Great running game.

As long as they don't panic and stick to that formula they can win a lot of games and take most games down to the wire.

And I will admit that my doubts about Saleh and the CS earlier this season were premature. They deserve all the credit for this.

JetFanInNE, Jets79, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

This is the first game I've been able to watch on tv in I don't know how many years. What a great way to end that steak!

15. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The CS and FO had this long term plan to create a team that plays football like you just described. I don't think anyone expected it to happen this fast but man it is fun to watch. When I saw the schedule I envisioned the wheels falling off pretty quickly with loss after loss piling up. I am very glad to see Saleh and the CS proving me wrong.

The beautiful thing is they are creating an environment where a young QB can succeed by not doing too much. This team should be great in allowing Wilson to develop. I was not happy with how Zach played most of this game but hard to be unhappy with the results and the 4th quarter. Let's see how Zach and MLF react to this game and what version we see of him next week. It seems obvious we need to find ways to get him comfortable making easy throws. Next week will be challenging against what I assume is still a very good Denver defense?

We beat Denver next week and then we suddenly have a huge game against NE where we could solidify ourselves a legit playoff contender. I guess again one miracle at a time. Let's beat the crap out of Denver.

16. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

This tells me two things:

1) The defense played incredible

2) Winning games like this, while exciting and euphoric, is not sustainable unless the offense starts becoming more consistent

Br4d and Wahoo like this.
  17. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Great win! Go Jets!!!

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I had a rehearsal from 1:30 - 5:00, so knew I wouldn't get to see the entire game, but I ate lunch right across from where the rehearsal was being held so I could watch the first half hour. Our local Fox affiliate didn't carry the game! They're going to get an earful from me. They show lousy games, and always show the sorry ass Panthers, but couldn't carry the best game on Fox today? What did they show instead? SWAT. MFers are really going to get blasted by me.

Noam likes this.
  19. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

Fox only had a single game this week, so getting the Panthers in (presumably) NC sounds about right.

20. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

How’s that “Brutal schedule” to start the season looking now? :) I don’t ever want to hear that talk again.