2022 - Week 6: New York Jets at Green Bay Packers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 10, 2022.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Oct 16, 2022.
  1. Jets

48.3%
  2. Packers

51.7%
  1. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

No JJ this week.

Good news is that everyone else on the Injury Report will be a full participant today at practice.

Noam likes this.
  2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Vinny Curry could be activated. I believe he would have to be activated tomorrow to be eligible to play on Sunday. Might be wrong on that though.

EDIT:

Noam likes this.
  3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

They are ranked 9th in total offense and 5th in total defense. If you are saying they are not that good, can't base it on those rankings.

Noam likes this.
  4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I'm a classic millennial and spend way too much time on social media.

Woody usually posts the uniforms every Friday morning on Twitter. I'm both happy and sad that I know this.

Jets-N-Terps and Noam like this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Jets @ Packers getting the Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen "A" announce team on Fox's national early game.

I'm praying we don't embarrass ourselves... :confused:

Unfortunately I will be working the Dodgers-Padres game if it goes to 5 games... :mad:

#126 Acad23, Oct 14, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
    SOJAZ and KY Jets Fan like this.
  7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Praying Aaron Jones (both running and receiving) is contained and that the other Aarons thumb is still dinged-up come Sunday.

Brook! likes this.
  8. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

The Jets have a shot here. GB just hasn't been that dominant. They are good and winning at Lambeau is not easy. Remember two weeks ago NE went there and came real close to winning. For much of that game I thought NE had the better of the play. They were very effective running the ball. The Jets have to do the same thing, Get the run game going and that will (should) open up the passing game. I see this game as a one score game throughout. Don't be surprised if this is game is tied late in the 3rd or early 4th quarter.

LAJet and KY Jets Fan like this.
  9. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I found a really good breakdown of some concepts that the Giants ran and had success with against GB last week.

Giants ran a lot of Cover 1 against the GB and tried to make to make their WR's win against single-coverage. They also disguised who was dropping into the underneath zone in some Cover 1 Robber looks.

Will be interesting to see if Ulbrich implements any of these concepts or looks on Sunday and if they are successful.

All Gas No Shake and joelip like this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Rodgers can manifest all the good thoughts he wants... but the Packers are awful against the pass.... opponents are completing like 75%

Zach is due for a breakout game... and what better stage than a national broadcast. :rolleyes:

I think we'll win this game handily.

NY Jets68, Brook! and joe like this.
  11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Handily?! . From your lips..... . : )

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It looks like this week's combination has been changed from what was there when the link was posted a week or two ago - do you know when the deadline is for posting final choices?

13. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

this. winnable game, but question is who gets over the line...

Royal Tee likes this.
  14. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I know TBA which they usually have by the pants means "To Be Announced". If you see no TBA next to the uniform then that means its confirmed for what they are wearing that week.

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I asked because I looked at all the games for the rest of the season and only remember seeing the last game missing any information. Kind of think this week was showing as all white.

16. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

There are definitely opportunities if we approach it correctly. On defense, the Packers are ranked:

1. 20th in Rushing Yards allowed (126.4 per game)
    2. 24th in opponent's Rushing Yards Per Carry (4.8 ypc)
    2. 32nd at passing completion percentage allowed (72.9%)
    3. 2nd at total passing yards allowed (177 per game)
    4. 16th at yards per passing attempt (6.6 per attempt)
    5. 31st at defensive interceptions

Overall, these are not good stats. While some folks might jump on the superficial fact that they are 2nd at passing yards allowed, that's only because their opponents simply haven't been throwing the ball against them -- their opponents have only averaged 27 passing attempts per game against the Packers, which is the lowest in the league. Otherwise, the Packers' passing defense stats are pretty bad. While everyone loves a balanced offense, the Packer's stats scream out for a pass-heavy offense from Zach and his weapons on Sunday. Completions should come easy, and there's a low risk of interceptions against this defense. So, keep throwing the ball to our playmakers on short to intermediate routes, with plenty of screens and passes to the flat, and Zach should have a breakout game.

ouchy likes this.
  17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That was what I was thinking... with lots of play action.

18. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

Just want to express my appreciation to all the posters here for providing great information about the upcoming game. It broadens my gametime experience, and it makes me even more excited that we finally have a team that has a chance to win every Sunday.

19. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

Exactly! If the Giants can single cover successfully, then the Jets with Sauce and Reed can too!

On the other side of the ball, if the likes of Slaton and Marcus Johnson can get open against the Packers' secondary, then so can Wilson, Moore, and Davis!

KY Jets Fan and ouchy like this.
  20. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Nania makes a point about the Jet's possibly being able to exploit play action vs. the Packers saying:

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/10/15/ny-jets-qb-zach-wilson-strength-packers-defense/

While Nania make a very good and noticeable point about Wilson's improved fakes I think the numbers for Y/A might be a bit suspect for 2 reasons. One very low sample size and second the Jets have gotten a couple very large plays of PA likely distorting a small sample size. But the numbers are encouraging and maybe more encouraging is Zack's improved play fakes. If you look at film from last year, Zach's play fakes were horrible and many did not even remotely look like a run. This year we have consistently seen LBs biting on the PA opening up the middle of the field. I will add one other point regarding the play fakes and that is a tweak that MLF made to them mid year last year. Zach was having a ton of problem turning his back to the defense and really struggled on PA the first 5 games. Post year 1 injury MLF adjusted PA to mainly be where Zach is in shotgun facing the defense. We have seen this carry over to this year although we also see Zach under center doing PA as well but it appears to be primarily from shotgun.