2022 - Week 6: New York Jets at Green Bay Packers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 10, 2022.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Oct 16, 2022.
  1. Jets

48.3%
  2. Packers

51.7%
  1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

As I've said before, the way you go about things is much different from your usual "Darksider." I have no issue with your posts, not that it matters.

#61 bicketybam, Oct 11, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  2. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Historically, the Jets have had some success against Green Bay. I can remember two games. On was with Herm as coach and was pretty much a blow out win for us with Pennington as QB. The other was with Mangini as coach and again Chad as QB. If I remember correctly, no one expected the Jets to win that game but our O-line really dominated. I think there was a Thanksgiving day game in which the Jets got beaten fairly badly. I have a hard time remembering that game.

Research edit: Doesn't seem to have been a TG game, however, the Jets lost the last 3 times we faced them, but overall we're 8-5 against GB.

#62 westiedog1, Oct 11, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  3. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I think of it's close at the end the jets will win. Main concern is letting Rodgers feel good really and he's torches us all game for 325+ yards and 3-4 TDs and there's a big early deficit.

4. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

After a few games with good starts, rough middles, and dynamic finishes, I have absolutely no idea what to expect against Green Bay. The young guys are feeling their oats and starting to believe in themselves and that's half the battle.
    This will be a good test against some seasoned professionals, especially Rogers. If Ulbrich and the defense keep him in check, anything is possible.

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

cval

Packers lost an ugly game and coming back home. Why do you think this is a good time? A wounded lion is more dangerous, no? This is Mr Ego Aaron Rodgers we are talking about.

Noam likes this.
  6. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Pack because they're home.

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Outside of the two Bills games this is likely the toughest game left on schedule. Packers are definitely more beatable than most thought but they are going to be at home and desperate for a win which is going to be very tough. Jets are going to have to play their best game of season to come out on top.

If they do win though, I’ll start to believe this season can be more than any of us thought it could be.

Jets79, KY Jets Fan and Noam like this.
  8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I like the matchup at this point because we have some momentum and they are playing a game after having made the flight across the Atlantic twice in the span of the past week. Teams usually take their byes after the London game, so of course we don't really know how a team would react to playing the week immediately after a London trip, but I can't imagine that it's going to be to Green Bay's benefit. Two long flights, a loss to a team they should have beaten, and us coming in with momentum. I'd take that over most of the other plausible scenarios we could have going into his game.

KY Jets Fan, cval and mrjet80 like this.
  9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Three straight poor offense of performances. Receivers and Rodgers on different pages. You do not fix that just by playing at home.

They are doubting themselves and we need to make them continue doubting.

KingRoach, NY Jets68 and Royal Tee like this.
  10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

We're not there yet...but we may be stupid enough to win this.
    Youth is a helluva drug.

Jets79, donkey, KY Jets Fan and 2 others like this.
  11. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

The way our DB's are playing is absolutely beautiful

cval and mrjet80 like this.
  12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The Thanksgiving game you may be thinking of was a 34-3 loss to Dallas not GB.

The 2002 and 2006 games were Jets legendary. The 2006 game was a dubious record for GB the Jets led at one point 31-0 - the largest ever deficit for a Packers team at Lambeau.

My personal favorite memory of a GB game was 1981 when the Jets clinched a playoff at Shea for the first time in 12 years……

ouchy likes this.
  13. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Brook prior to losing to the Giants, the Packers beat my Patriots in OT. So I think your statement back to back losses may be wrong.

I would like the Jets to win this game, but beating the Packers at Lambeau is difficult. Thus I voted Packers.

Both the Pats and the Giants showed that the Packer's run defense is suspect. If the Jets can mix play action at the correct moments with their run game, I think they can have success.

On the other hand, the Jet's defense has had issues on 3rd down. Given the fact that the Packers also have two good runners, I can see both teams eating a lot of the play clock and having long drives.

I therefore will take the under of the 46 if I was betting. The Packers are favored by 7, so I would also take the Jets with the point spread given. I could easily see the Packers winning this game on an FG.

Should be a good game anyway. I just hope Wilson does not try to be a hero costing the Jets some stupid turnovers.

14. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I really wanted to go to this game, but none of my friends are free, and I'm not going by myself lol, but I did take off for it well in advance, and it'll be a very rare but fun me against my own state day.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

The Dark Knight and Brook! like this.
  15. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I believe the last one was where a player on the sideline called timeout on a play the Jets had a crazy td so the play didn't count, and then we proceeded to blow it. I remember being with all my friends and being so high, then almost right away so low.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

[​IMG]

The Peter Pan vs the Captain Hook. Packers might be vulnerable.

17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

With what wide receivers?

Jets secondary is going to blanket Green Bay. Just need to stop the run.

JackBower likes this.
  18. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Someone has to find a way to run with this one and make it a thing...FANTASTIC

19. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Minnesota and Jax played last week after flying back from London. Both had their defense wear down in the 2nd half. There is an argument to be made the long flight could take a toll. What bothers me is we face a proud, motivated and pissed off team.

Jets79 likes this.
  20. JohnnyJet1222

JohnnyJet1222 Active Member

Trying to be positive, but really think we will lose. Would have felt better if the Packers had beaten the Giants. Does anyone know if Rodgers has ever lost three in a row?