Alijah Vera-Tucker Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 10, 2022.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

but we wasted a third trading up for this guy

:rolleyes:

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Jet fans? Our entire player base, plus ex players in the media, ie people that actually know how hard it is, are saying that. Not just Jet fans.

#22 LAJet, Oct 10, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Two acronyms for you.

WTFIMW

and

MWIAC

Shouldn't be hard to work out :D

Lon Chaney likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's very possible for sure. still realistically he's only had 1 really good year in a 7 year career and he'll be 31 next season. plus we have becton as a question mark. having 2 OTs as question marks is rough. brown may retire after this year. that leaves mitchell only as the OT we will have who is healthy. sadly we need to address more o-line this offseason but AVT is making it easier. making him the LT and having the others fight for the Rt spot and drafting an OG helps

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Or a variation like WTFIMW and WTF does he know about the position?

K'OB likes this.
  6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You are 20 years off with the dates. This players were barely born then.

K'OB likes this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I'd have to se how the prospects are as it gets closer but i'm thinking we need LBer and S and O-line as our top 3 needs so depends on how the players fall in the draft.

JetFanInNE and Brook! like this.
  8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

lol I was about to ask about that poster who said…that the value of trading up for him wasn’t there? I forget but I was so over the point he was trying to make. And this was when AVT was playing solid football. Now many pundits are saying he needs to be on the pro bowl, and he’s playing great. So the trade was even better, to get a OL who was at the top of his class at that spot.

NCJetsfan, K'OB and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Can't believe the last three weeks and how he's performed in them with a few days work. It really is unheard of.

Guy is a top tier team player.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I would leave him a right tackle for good now.

Lon Chaney, Pepsiguy5 and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  11. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

Ha. you are correct kind sir. When you are as old as I am, everything is 20 years ago.

LAJet likes this.
  12. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

F##k's Sake !! I'm not getting that thought out of my head now. !!

MoWilkBeast and donkey like this.
  13. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

He absolutely is. And who knows, maybe the guy we drafted at guard could turn out to be the long term answer at left tackle. That would be a major milestone in the quest to slay the idea of the "Same Old Jets"

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  14. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Completely agree. What a blessing he's been especially considering the Becton injury.

15. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember reading any of those articles, by, a seemingly disgruntled ex jet scout, who criticized EVERYTHING?
    I remember one article he , wrote, saying how the jets fucked up drafting AVT, he's not that good, also critical of Jermaine Johnson, ...plus other bullshit.
    Where is he now , to suck up that shit about AVT. He is one of the BEST draft picks we've had in years.
    I'd love to find that article again.

16. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I'm pro-OL so I'm not exactly arguing but shouldn't we say rather it shows the importance of finding impact players in the draft regardless of position?

Wherever they line up a team has to have a certain amount of these guys to make it to the postseason. And for the first time in 1000 years the Jets actually have a few of them. And AVT is most certainly one of them. Awesome football player.

17. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

:D

18. Areodjarekput

Areodjarekput Member

Connor McGovern in his media availability on AVT: dude is a freak, a future ring of honor, if not hall of famer. Only person in recent memory who could do what he's doing is Marshall Yanda, and he's going to the hall.

Also said he and Duane Brown were talking after the game about how we've really hit on two drafts in a row, and it's showing every week - that this rookie class is dominating in a way they've never seen a class do before, with every pick starting or making an impact already.

Sent from my IN2015 using Tapatalk

NCJetsfan, Noam and Lon Chaney like this.
  19. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I understand the temptation but I wouldn't. It's great having such a versatile and capable replacement ready to step in. Jets need to address the OL in the off season, but how they do it will be interesting to watch.

For those that were so negative about JD's approach to the line in the summer, do you think that the teammwere confident AVT could step in if required and does this put a different slant on it for you?

20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

No, not really. Even if JD felt that AVT was a "wild card" that he could use, the OL still has holes - AVT can't play all 5 spots all at once even as good as he is. I'm sure he didn't count on Mitchell being able to step right in like he has.

I still believe that passing on Ekonwu was a mistake, as good as Sauce has been and will be. Given the state of their OL, especially Becton's status, Gardner was a luxury IMO. Having then passed on Ekonwu and not even taking an OL till what, the 4th round?, it really left them exposed for what ultimately did unfold. I still like Douglas and overall think he's done a great job, but this episode was a miss.