Playoffs? Playoffs!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, Oct 9, 2022.

?

Playoffs?

1. Hell yeah (yes)

54 vote(s)
    56.8%
  2. Yeah right (no)

41 vote(s)
    43.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I am not going to predict the playoffs as there is still a lot of season left. But at 3-2 I am enjoying this season. The Jets have their flaws as do all teams but anyone can see they are trending in the right direction. If they can stay within striking distance of the Bills just think of how crazy MetLife is going to be when the Bills come to East Rutherford. Probably won't win but it will be fun to see how the Jets measure up against the division's best team.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

Playoffs certainly are a possibility. To me, the only really scary games are the 2 against the bills and the last game against miami. I really don't expect wins but hope they play competitively. Yeah, they already beat miami but both teams will be different by then and miami has terrific players. Injuries can effect entire seasons so who knows.
    the jets should be very competitive against all the other teams. We will see how many they win. If the jets avoid big injuries the team will only get better. more playing time together. return of perhaps fant and Mitchell allowing for more solid oline play. lets go jets

3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Sorry for singling you out - your name is easiest to remember. You’re right - the game threads show the worst negativity - even the Miami game - some posters had the Jets getting blown out in the second half.

I still think the Jets are on target for 7-8 wins but no playoffs not this year.

K'OB likes this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It would be a miracle if we made the playoffs, of course, I'd take it lol but unlikely, hey, I took us to win 4 games this season, so I have only one more win to play with :cool:

cval likes this.
  5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The scariest games left would be the two Buffalo games but certainly not the Miami game - not after what we saw yesterday. Yes I know they had a lot of injuries but the Jets young talent matches up better. I don’t necessarily expect a win down there but a win wouldn’t surprise me.

I think more worrisome games remaining other than Miami would be Foxboro considering the Jets haven’t won there since the playoff game 12 years ago. Minnesota and even this coming game in Green Bay would be others….

6. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

next 4 games wont be easy. they will need to split them at best to have a chance.
    GB will be tough.
    going to Denver is always a issue
    NE i know isnt good but still
    and then the Bills.

if they are 5-4 after these. they will be in good shape but it will be hard. Im also pretty sure they will be underdogs in everyone of these games

7. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

As the season progresses injuries, etc change the complexion of games. I think both NE games are winnable, as are green bay and minn. Winnable doesn't mean we will win but I don't expect a blowout. Not so with Buffalo and the last game of the year. I am afraid of those. I am on record with a thread I started months ago predicting at least 10 wins. I based that on Wilson getting better, avoiding catastrophic injuries and the coaches growing in their jobs, plus all the new player additions. I see no reason we can't go 7 and 5 the rest of the way. We may not, and even if we do that may not be sufficient to make the playoffs, but I love our season so far.

mrjet80 likes this.
  8. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I love the optimism!!

The next 2 weeks will be huge tests to see if this post is unbridled optimism following our first division win since 2019 or somewhat prophetic.

Being competitive @GB and @DEN these next 2 weeks would be a massive step forward for this team and could prove that maybe a WC spot isn't that unrealistic.

ColoradoContrails and mrjet80 like this.
  9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I loved yesterday's game and will continue to be optimistic. But I'm not kidding myself about how lucky we got. They lost their QB and LT in the first two minutes. Their QB clearly didn't know much of the playbook and had no practices with the first team. They knew they were screwed in the first quarter. Its too our credit that we kept the pressure on. But we're still a long ways from a playoff team.

Ralebird likes this.
  10. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I don’t think we’re a “playoff team” either but someone in the AFC will be the 7th seed, and none of them in contention would say they are right now as well. I think the Ravens, Bengals, Chiefs, Chargers, and Bills are the only clear teams better than us. There has to be an AFC South winner, and then who?

ouchy likes this.
  11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Sneaking into the 7th spot is the hope I hang my hat on.

RevSmitty73 and King Koopa like this.
  12. RevSmitty73

RevSmitty73 Member

Winnable games..

Denver, NE (x2), Chicago, Detroit, Jacksonville, Seattle and Miami.

Tough but doable..

GB

Buffalo twice is going to be difficult. But we could get to 9 or 10 wins. Is that going to be enough?

ouchy likes this.
  13. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Just like the players are learning how to win, fans have to learn how to process the winning. Subduing the SOJ-syndrome will take time.

jixxjr, Brook!, KingRoach and 2 others like this.
  14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

And have the Vikings also. I haven't seen much of their games so hard for me to say if 4-1 is a product of their schedule or are they that good?

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Awesome post here.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

A SB ring would be the miracle cure... I wanna see another championship before I take the last subway to Shea.

Fuck that 'subdue' shit...

17. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Can't we just enjoy the win and take it one week at a time. The schedule is very difficult and on top of that we have some significant injuries to our OL. This team is full of talented young players but to start prognasticating they are going to make the playoffs is premature. I can say it is quite enjoyable to watch this team play with passion and not fold in the fourth quarter. However the team still needs to work Moore into the playbook as well as Wilson. I do think they will get better as the season progresses but there will be setbacks along the way.

18. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

I enjoy the optimism and I'm obviously very happy after 5 weeks. With that said I'm in the same boat. I'm enjoying watching this team play hard and finally look above average. Week to week is my outlook.

19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Split the next 2 and I’ll start looking at the WC. 4-3 with the pats coming back to MetLife. This team is good enough to be 5-4 at the bye. I’m Cautiously optimistic, but let’s take it game by game. We have 2 HOF QBs on the horizon, followed by the best coach of all time into the best QB in the league.

20. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I'm leaning towards no, but it really is interesting. The gauntlet schedule really isnt as bad as everyone thought going in. They split the AFC North, which I'd guess no one would have predicted. Outside of the two games against the Bills, every other team is beatable. The Vikings are good, but I don't think I'd chalk them up as an auto loss. Beside Buffalo, are any of these teams auto losses:

Packers
    Broncos
    Patriots
    Bears
    Vikings
    Lions
    Seahawks
    Dolphins

If the Jets can split the next two, and go into week 8 at 4-3 with a very winnable home game against NE, I will absolutely be thinking playoffs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.