Feels like we've turned the corner!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He gets to say it a little bit... now behave @bicketybam !
    [​IMG]

bicketybam likes this.
  2. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Rookies are playing well, and so have our second year guys. I'm going to take it week by week.

3. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure anybody who turns out to be right gets to say I told you so. But if someone can point us to a statute that says otherwise, I'll be happy to consider it. ;)

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The difference is that those who have been right 2/3 of the time for the past ten years have had nothing at all to celebrate other than to say "I told you so." It's a bit premature to be so sure the tide has turned and so boisterous in declaring the witch is dead.

I believe the statute you're referring to is called the "Law of Averages."

REVISion likes this.
  5. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

that was a great play call … Conklin was wide open in Zach’s line of sight (high/low) and at the sticks but Zach went to Davis instead (should have been PI anyway)

Lon Chaney likes this.
  6. Vida

Vida Active Member

All those things are great. Loved watching the Jets today and was stoked when they put the foot down in the 4th.

But I'll wait to see how we go against future HOFer Aaron Rodgers as opposed to Trubisky/Pickett or Skylar Thompson.

Ralebird likes this.
  7. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

yeah to me it’s about…

go ahead and attack the post if you want, but don’t attack the poster

you can disagree with a take all day long and we’re all happy to debate them…I just don’t like when the posts start attacking the person…no one on here is right all the time…

8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I didn't see Conklin, so OK. First instinct was to think Corey Davis was option one. I'll relent on that.

9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

There are no "I told you so" five games into the season. The Jets are playing well and have won two straight and a divisional game. The good is that this team is far from peaking but do not be surprised if lose a game this board thinks we should win.

It will be a tough week this week going up to Lambeau field and playing a HOF QB, Best friend, and big brother. The Packers' offense does not scare me but Aaron Rodgers does.

To me, the next big hurdle is beating the Patriots beating the Packers will be a bonus.

10. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

I think the Jets will lose this weekend but more than anything I don't want to see them get blown out. Keep that game close and take the pack right down to the wire. The Jets can't win every week and they're facing probably the best QB in football. So going 3-3 through this gauntlet schedule is actually a very good thing....

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I think this is the best way to describe what's happening at the moment.

It's a long season, but the Jets are now a team that will compete week in and week out.

I'm still not sold on this coaching staff, but the talent level on the team is finally comparable to rest of the league.

Vida, REVISion and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Hard to tell from the replay and TV coverage. I will have to wait until someone posts the all 22.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  13. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Zach definitely had Conklin open at the sticks.

Might have even had Breece open as well but I doubt Breece was an early option in the progression of this play.

Hard to beat him up too much about that play though because he put the ball where CD could've made a play if Needham doesn't hold/commit PI.

Play is at the 4:48 mark of this video.

14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Was the pass he missed to Elijah tipped? If not you are correct, that was an ugly throw.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  15. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cval likes this.
  16. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I don't think that it was. He just had Wilkins and Tomlinson in his lap so he short armed the throw.

cval likes this.
  17. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Twice receivers got taken down at the one yard line. Had those two receptions gotten in, zachs stat line would have looked amazing. That being said, between his performance the last five games or so last season and the last game and a half, he is proving that he can game manage and minimize mistakes. Next he was to unlock his big play potential. He seems to be spreading the ball around to all of his receivers, but maybe he is doing that too well as he doesn’t seem to have yet created enough chemistry with Garrett, Cody, or Elijah to have a singular go to receiver.

JetFanInNE likes this.
  18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

@bicketybam

You were also reported on some of your posts. I reached out to you thru IM as well. So I won't get into details and lecture you but this post by Revision is spot on. We are ALL Jets fans. Only passionate fans will become a member on a message board. Some are darksiders and some are sunshiners. This is our team. Nobody is a bandwagon fan imo.

Talk to you further thru IM.

19. RevSmitty73

RevSmitty73 Member

Growth is growth. Young team getting better every week. Excited to see where this goes!

20. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Well put. I'm FAR from being a darksider. If anything, my fault is being too loyal and perhaps too optimistic. The thing for me is that I've seen too much and waited too long to announce we've turned the corner after beating the worst Steelers team we've seen in years, and a Miami team we caught at the right time. The Dolphins are my most hated rival. It kills me when we lose to them. I was ecstatic yesterday. Did not need to be scolded for commenting that I still need to see a competitive game against the Packers. I love the direction we've started pointing towards. Based on games played, Zach is still a rookie. Good times are ahead, but they are still ahead.

jets_fan likes this.