Feels like we've turned the corner!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 9, 2022.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

We finally beat an AFC east rival. We won 2 in a row in God knows how long. It's Oct and we are 3-2 in second place. So sorry if your "throw cold water on the fire" post rubs me the wrong way.

Royal Tee likes this.
  2. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I agree, the vibe has changed, from losers to opportunistic and competent. I credit the HC and the rookies/2nd year classes. I still think next week will be a loss, GB will be pissed and at home, but I'm looking for 1) competence and 2) bouncing back the following week. Feels good!

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

It was good to see this team play ahead for once. The run game was on point. BREECE HALL SHOW!

the defense didn’t play no games and got to a 3rd stringer. The pass rush showed up! Lawson got that burst, you can see he’s almost 100%. SAUCE!! That boy is a PROBLEM.

4. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

The Jets have terrific young talent but they lack experience. Enjoy the growth! Don't expect it to come all at once.

Vida and All Gas No Shake like this.
  5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Still a long way to go, but this game would've been a letdown in most years I've followed this team.

FJF, Cman68 and jets_fan like this.
  6. ArodtoJennings

ArodtoJennings Active Member

I honestly think you guys will beat us. We’re not going far this year except for 9 wins at best.

Cman68 likes this.
  7. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

We don't feel like a basement level team anymore, that's for sure.

8. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Big difference when you play to win versus playing not to lose.
    Today the Jets played to win.

9. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I don't think there's A corner, but there are many. This season, the first corner the Jets turned, to me, was the off-season acquisitions. A lot of quality talent, character & attitude. The "miracle" 1:55 in Cleveland, taught that a game isn't over til 0:00. Last week, Zach rose up under pressure, & showed a calmness & toughness. And today, a bunch of dragons slain. I'm sure there'll be some hiccups along the way, but the players are learning, the CS is learning, the officials are learning that the Jets aren't to be disrespected... & we fans are learning that it's ok to start slaying the SOJ crap, and to enjoy the ride.

stinkyB, Vida, Mogriffjr and 2 others like this.
  10. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

4th qtr play stands out the most to me. Very anti-soj. Still worried about the defense , the the offense starting slow … but these rookies, man, what a haul in that draft!

sozopol likes this.
  11. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

All I care about is the team looks competitive. All they can do is win the game at hand, little nit picky shit doesn’t matter. They beat a team with a 3rd string qb? Those are the conditions they were presented and they took care of their business. Historically we lose these games, just enjoy the fucking moment while it lasts! Let’s also not discount the fact that we faced a 3rd stringer because our defense knocked Bridgewater out of the game in the first series of the game

papapump, NY Jets68, Cman68 and 3 others like this.
  12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Football is rarely perfect.

The Jets scored first and led the entire game.
    ... and people still be bitchin'...

We didn't eek out a win.
    We stomped their ass... :mad:

13. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Their 3 wins have all felt like in years past would've been loses - def the Cleveland win. The Steeler game would've been SOJ with rookie QB embarrassing them, and as if the football gods still want to mess with them, they wanted the fins 3rd string to embarrass them, TO NO AVAIL,,,

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree, yet the beauty to Davis by Wilson didn’t get called for PI

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

Just read an article on espn where there seems to be a little rift in the packer room.
    If the NY press could help us out and keep scratching that itch...maybe there will be fractures there. ha
    Ahhh...who's kidding who, they'll get more pissed and take it out on us..

Jets have been super lucky so far to be 3-2...but all good teams have luck fall in their favor the majority of the time.
    Play better, and good things happen.
    Great group of young players. First time in a long time...not since the 2000 draft has it felt like this. For me at least..

sozopol likes this.
  16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Nice thinking Cman. I feel this week will be the toughest challenge yet against arguably the most accurate QB we will face this year. And he is pissed and humiliated by two straight losses. If we play them tough and close I’ll say we are for sure making the turn. If we beat the Pats however, we have had for absolute sure turned the corner.

Cman68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

Serious… Refs bailed Miami out big time with those questionable PI calls… also didn’t understand why one wasnt called on the pass to C Davis on 4th down, if thats the precedent the refs had set with how they were calling it.

Vida, Jets79, LAJet and 1 other person like this.
  18. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

That’s actually one of the things that feel different. Even though the refs are still making crappy calls against us, we’re bouncing back from them. In the past a couple of bad calls would just bury us. It seems like the boys are still playing their hearts out.

Sec124DieHard likes this.
  19. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

i honestly screamed at the tv bc of the play calling from MLF. I know we won big later on, but he calls these stupid plays at the worst times and to me he does get cute. Before that dumb 4th down play. The third down play was a shotgun run instead of just lining up under center and running it old school. That shit can cost you games and the momentum. He gotta stop doing that stuff man it’s unnecessary

Cman68 likes this.
  20. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

You've been wrong about pretty much everything for 3 years and now we win 3 games and you think it gives you carte blanche to scold everyone for not being positive enough.

Get a hobby. We're all happy that we're better. But illogical, relentless homers with a track record like yours don't get to say "I told you so" to anyone.

Vida, Brook!, Jonathan_Vilma and 2 others like this.