Brady UN-retires

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NYJFan10, Mar 13, 2022.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Lame. She didn’t really give anything up, she just moved into different ventures as a businesswoman rather than a model. Read about what she did business wise since 2010.

Brady is different than most superstars at the end in that most of them hang on one more year until the game tells them it’s time to hang it up. Peyton, Jeter, Tiger, etc.

He doesn’t want to end up a drunk like Jordan or attempt a comeback tour like him because he pisses 2-3 years away. The division is also pretty much smooth sailing for them.

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Jordan is a drunk? I had no idea.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Did you watch the 10 part documentary? Dude was rocking jaundice and scotch in hand in every camera shot.

Get me the Damn Ball likes this.
  4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I didn't. I'm not an NBA fan. That's a shame though. I bet he drinks excellent scotch though.

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Tom bags the biggest super model in the world in her prime, and gets to upgrade to a newer model as her biggest asset deteriorates? Sounds like winning one more championship.

Dierking likes this.
  6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Losers wind up trading their wife in on a young trophy wife. Then they discover that the young trophy wife has a life and as they get older they're on their own.

I see this all the time in my line of work and happy with the trophy at 60 is usually miserable at 80.

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Her business ventures haven't stopped her from seeing her family. Which means there would be nothing wrong with Brady going into his own business ventures. But he didn't do that. Instead he promised he would retire from football, as she did from modeling, and then broke his promise.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Neither did his. He just has to fly to a different city 8-11 times a year depending on the playoffs.

Do you really think Gisele’s business ventures have kept her glued to the couch and that she slaved over watching and raising her kids without help?

By the way, maybe at some point she was more famous than Brady, but I highly doubt with all of his success and the percentage of sports fans in the US alone far outweigh her notoriety.

#48 Jonathan_Vilma, Oct 7, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
  9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He will be at home more than a UPS man is ffs

10. Br4d

So what I'm talking about is 58 year old guy has a stroke and 29 year old wife moves on. Happens all the time...

11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Has anyone else noticed they look alike?

12. JetBlue

Except this doesn’t sound like Tommy trading in his wife; it’s his wife leaving him and him simply having the significant social standing to reap some fun benefits for a few years because of it.

13. Br4d

His wife appears to be leaving him because he believes she is the less important in the relationship.

Good luck to him when he needs somebody to stand by him for better or worse because generally the trophy wives don't do that very well.

mute likes this.
  14. JetBlue

Hard to take the position that she’d stand by him when he loses his hair and good looks, his prostate inflames and his TB6 folds faster than a Bill Belichick team without TB12 at QB, if she’s not standing by him for his need to continue in the profession she knew he was in when she married him.

15. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I still find it hard to believe this is happening only because he decided to play another year. A normal marriage that has children, and no problems doesn’t implode that fast. Then again, I’m not sure how “normal”, a marriage can be at their celebrity status level.

16. Br4d

He's well past the normal retirement age for the position he plays.

There was no reason for her to expect that he would continue to dominate the structure of their family life at the age that he has done and there is no reason that he needs to continue to do that.

Just wait until she gets custody of the kids because no court in the land will give custody to a father who spends 6 months of the year unavailable to the family due to his profession.

17. JetBlue

Because she assumed he’d have a typical NFL career it means he’s unreasonable for not accommodating her assumption? She likely married him because he’s not your typical NFL player and was attracted to the qualities that have created his longevity, yet is now possibly upset for the decisions he makes which are born from the same qualities. She probably shouldn’t have married him in the first place.

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Even when he isn't traveling, he spends almost all his time with the team.

And regarding Gisele's fame, she's as famous in Brazil as Brady is here. And elsewhere in the world, Brady's not that famous. Most people don't know who he is is just like most Americans don't know who Ma Long or Sachin Tendulkar are. (If you don't know who they are, Ma is the Brady of table tennis and Tendulkar is the Brady of cricket. They're as famous to over a billion Chinese people and over a billion Indian people as Brady is to 330 million Americans.)

#58 HomeoftheJets, Oct 8, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
    mute likes this.
  19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

is the correct response

NY Jets68, Br4d and JetBlue like this.