Studs and Duds week 4 vs Pitt

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Oct 3, 2022.

1. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Nah bro. Gwilson is wide open crossing the middle to the right.

Jeff Smith has 3 defenders in the vicinity. Could ZW have airmailed it to the pylon?, sure! – and the only way the ball should have been thrown.

but if he reads the field and easy 1st and goal or maybe TD is right in front with the other crosser.

#41 BrooklynJetsFan, Oct 3, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    dawinner127 likes this.
  2. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I'm not gonna kill Davis for not getting his feet down on that sideline throw in the red zone. That said, if that was Garrett Wilson or Moore, they probably get their feet down. Less a knock on Davis, and more props to Wilson and Moore.

Watching those two guys in the open field is incredible. Both Wilson & Moore have such body control, they can cut on the dime like no one I've ever seen on this team. Barring injury, the future is bright for both of them.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Once LaFleur figures out how to best utilize these two ... we'll see some fireworks.

K'OB and rockyusmc2003 like this.
  4. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Need to go back to a cult of Mims thread and see the yokels who were saying he should be #1 and Davis should sit/get cut.

FJF likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

You kinda contradict yourself. I'll give you mosley, he should be upgraded i've been saying that but then I can't give you mcdermott because he is supposed to be a guy that pretty much never sees the field. I guarantee no team has a 5th OT that is any better then him. it's like expecting your 3rd string QB to come in and play as well as your starter. it just isn't realistic when there is a salary cap

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

If we could trade mims for a halfway decent OT i'd take it in a hearbeat right now

azhar80 and JackBower like this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I should have emphasized "mental errors"...

8. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Davis really cannot adjust his body in air. He’s not fluid like that. He’s too big, tough style receiver that can be used to block as well as beat you deep and intermediate.

Did you see the goal line block on Breece TD? There’s benefits to his game. Honestly he’s a great compliment to our speedy, nifty WRs. He’s just not ever gonna be pretty like those other guys.

rockyusmc2003 and LAJet like this.
  9. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Mims needs to be traded for ANYTHING at this point. I’m also tempted to cut Jeff Smith and sign a guy off the street. 2 years and we’ve gotten bupkis from him.

uzomah needs to be added to your duds list, and Bryce huff to studs. Huff didn’t sacks anybody, but he pushed the pocket and was “next in line” on a few sack plays. JFM can be a dud too.

regarding Mosley, he’s in the wrong system. And even if he was in the right system, he was never a cover guy. Maybe he’s a leader, maybe he’s not, but his contract was restructured for him to bounce next year

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Zack did seem to air that ball out too high. But Jeff Smith seemed to pull up and end his rout, giving defenders time to close in. I wonder if Jeff had just continued running versus pulling up. He might have come under the ball just as he enters the EZ, with defenders trailing. But yes, the ball seemed high and overthrown, and yes Smith seemed to have pulled up his rout early.

Anyhow, we HAVE to give Zack a huge DUDE. 9 of 28 passing (33% completions) for 100 yards, 0 TDs, 2 ints through 3-1/2 qtrs. Yikes, that's epic bad even for a rusty ZW. But then of course give him a fat STUD for his epic late rally.

Other notables AVT moving to LT and playing so well was huge. A silver lining to all the churn.

Good job G&C. I look forward to you write up every week!

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this is the catch you are talking about but watch his left foot, the chalk kicks up. That's a catch.

12. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Wow nice find. That was a catch.

James Hasty likes this.
  13. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Agreed! Let's hope Zach knocked some rust off and comes into this Miami game with some much needed confidence. Up until that final drive, I felt Wilson looked tight on throws. For example, there was a completion to Davis in the 2nd half that just looked very 'careful' to me. Then on that last drive, he was just letting them rip. Hoping that continues this week, I just want to see back to back wins for a change.
    That's the one! Thought it was in the 2nd half.

14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Definitely "not" a catch. Very misleading angle.

15. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Davis' right foot hits the stripe and brings up chalk with the ball in his hands. The left foot was definitely in bounds. It was a catch.

dawinner127 likes this.
  16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

? The chalk gets picked up with his left foot. I even slowed it down so you can see the ball in his hands for possession before the chalk gets kicked up.

[​IMG]

BrooklynJetsFan and Noam like this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Odd use of the word “definitely” here.

18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

MLF put Carter and Hall in the backfield together and both times it worked. For an undersize, RB Carter can block. I would love to see them in the backfield togther more often
    :40 and 2:20 mark

ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  19. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Ahhh, I see what you are saying now. I guess you are correct. We put the ball in the end zone if that is ruled a catch.

BrooklynJetsFan and Noam like this.
  20. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

That's one of those where another angle won't show any contact. I'm not sure that a very faint contact like that is going to cause the on field call to be overturned even if it was challenged. I think that one was staying with the on field call whichever way it went.