2022 NFL Week 4 - Around the League

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by CotcheryFan, Sep 28, 2022.

1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

There were a lot of people on this board advocating for that.

2. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Geno Smith......23-30, 320 Yds., 2 TDs, 1 Rushing TD, 0 Int, 0 Sacks, 132.6 QBR

That's gotta be a career game for him.

3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

December 28, 2014, 20-25, 358 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, a perfect 158.3 passer rating, Jets beat Miami 37-24.

westiedog1 and Brook! like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Geno’s always been a good athlete with a live arm. He’s also always needed a coordinator to really dumb it down for him and he has a stable of three massive tightends and receiver he’s tossing the rock to.

@FJF said it correctly. It’s perfect timing for him to have a career year. He’s right in that Tannehill, Case Keenum, Derek Anderson range.

FJF likes this.
  5. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Geno the genius

6. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

I don’t understand the media debating this decision because it didn’t affect the outcome of the game in any way. If he kicked the fg he still would have lost.

7. Bills over Jets

Hindsight proved he made the correct call in going for it.

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

So a FG did not matter in a game won by 3 points? Or as you put it "didn’t affect the outcome of the game in any way".
    Could you explain this to me? Maybe I'm thinking of a different game.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

What he’s saying makes sense. Did you watch it? The Bills drove down to the goal line and kneeled the ball to kick the game winning field goal to prevent the Ravens from getting the ball back.

I disagreed then and now with Harbaugh’s decision though. There’s no saying that the drive is called the same way if the Ravens kick the FG. Harbaugh’s done this a number of times over the past couple years and he hasn’t won any of the games he made that decision in.

10. The Waterboy

Too many different things could have happened and the Bills down by 3 likely have some different play calls not to mention the D might have come out a little fired up rather than down because of the coaches play call. What if the RTP isn't called to move them to the 21?
    He said, "didn’t affect the outcome of the game in any way. If he kicked the fg he still would have lost." which is ridiculous for a game decided by 3. He could have said "even if they got the FG the Bills likely drive down and get a TD", and then it might not have seemed so out there to me.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Understood. For whatever reason I thought you were saying that as if you didn’t watch the game.

I tend to believe the result would’ve been the same since the Bills moved the ball in the second half relatively easily. I still kick the FG all day every day though.

The Waterboy likes this.
  12. Bills over Jets

Sure. All the media sees (or anyone who didn’t watch the game) is that he didn’t kick the fg and then lost by 3 points. There’s much more to it than that. When he made that decision, there were
    4 mins left in the game. With the interception, the bills got the ball at the 20, basically the same place they would have started with the ball had the Ravens kicked the fg and then kicked off. The bills went down the field so fast on the ravens they were inside the ravens 10 yard line with over 2 mins left. The bills spent like 6 plays just killing the clock down trying not to score a touchdown. Like 3 josh Allen kneel downs, a qb sneak or two, a few singletary runs falling into the dirt. The bills could have scored a touchdown any time they wanted. They kneeled down from the 1 yard line 3 times. Had Harbough kicked that fg, the bills would have gotten 7 and the game been over anyway. The only chance to win for Baltimore was to get 7 there.

The real reason Harbough lost the game is because he didn’t instruct his team to let Buffalo score so he could get the ball back. The bills ran 2 mins off the clock inside the ravens 10 and the ravens were still trying to tackle the bills, it was unbelievable. There was a play where josh Allen ran the ball from the 2, the ravens tackled him at the 1. They could have easily not tackled him or pulled him backwards into the end zone if Allen wanted to go down. It was crazy to me. That’s what people should be talking about, not the 4th down.

#112 Bills over Jets, Oct 4, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
    dawinner127 likes this.
  13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Basically a coin flip to either have an 83% chance of winning or a 43% chance. Give me the 83%. The thing that killed them was that the ball was picked off and moved to the 20 rather than Buffalo being on the 2.

Losmeister likes this.
  14. Losmeister

indeed. not a bed decision at all. horrible outcome. the pass itself was a much worse decision by the QB.

15. Losmeister

no thoughts on Niners/Rams..

mine. Wagner is a shell of his former self and Deebo is a beast

cval likes this.
  16. The Waterboy

It's like you have never seen a time travel movie. You change one thing and everything after it can change.

Seriously though, had they kicked the FG the play calling changes. It might have still turned out the same but there is no way of knowing.

17. Bills over Jets

I dont know why you would assume play calling changes. The Bills are still going down to win the game. The Ravens are still trying to stop them. The Ravens didnt stop the bills offense from mid 2nd quarter on after buffalo made their initial adjustments. Kicking 3 wouldnt have resulted in anything different, they still would have lost. Hindsight proved he needed 7 and he was right to go for it, especially when your QB is an MVP, you're on the 2 yard line, the other team's QB is also an MVP, and your defense sucks. Get the touchdown.

18. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

The biggest thing about that 4th down was the INT. If Lamar throws an incomplete pass then the Bills start from the 2. As it was the INT got the Bills out to the 20. If they start from the 2 then it would have much harder to drive down the field. Even for a QB as good as Allen that would have been a tough spot to be in.

19. Bills over Jets

I get that, but I disagree with the people killing Lamar for that. It was 4th down, you have to complete the pass or try to, otherwise it’s game over. He had to force one there.

20. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Since we are talking Bills football, how in the world did Buffalo amass 497 yards and score only 19 points against the first place Dolphins? And were you upset to see Josh Allen crying at the end of the game?