Let's be real: This is an 0-4 team. /s

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WilsonJetsFan, Oct 2, 2022.

1. ROCCO

ROCCO Active Member

I guess that some people like to claim that you are what your record says you are...until it's convenient to say that your record isn't what it is and it's not what you are.

I disagree with anyone who says the Jets are a bad football team - they are not. There is ample talent on each unit of this team, some better than others which is what makes their inconsistency frustrating at times but it can be attributed to growing pains which are expected.

The Jets are a bad football team? No, I would choose to say that the Jets are not a finished product or that they are a continuing work in progress - but bad?

No, I don't agree with that.

They can beat Miami next week and they just might, which would obviously make them 3-2 on the year and inspire this current club with more confidence as their season continues.

I said they'd win 9 games before the season and I'm sticking with that - and IF Wilson is the guy and grows up some more as the result of his very solid 4th quarter yesterday, then the Jets have a chance to be in most every game they play this season.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Anybody who thinks the story on this season has already been written is out of their mind. Why is everyone so anxious to wrap everything up in a nice neat package so prematurely whether the wrappings are kelly green or stealth black? Whatever happened to wait and see?

3. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Agree - 100%

4. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I don't see anyone proclaiming Super Bowl appearances just yet.

I see exactly what your last statement says, fans enjoying a win. As we should.

5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you guys follow high school football but in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city champion game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon.

Al thought this was the beginning of greatness for him but it turns out he never amounted to anything more than a shoe salesman trapped in a loveless marriage.

Zach just had his Al Bundy moment. It's all downhill from here.

6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

You think it is going downhill now, just wait until Zach settles down with a redheaded Milf and has a couple kids.

Acad23 and cval like this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

His preference seems to be blonds.

James Hasty likes this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Agreed... all this conjuncture, prediction and opinion stuff is nonsense.

We should all log off and come back after the season to discuss the result.

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It's not at all surprising that you failed to follow the discussion.

10. Jason Bees

Jason Bees New Member

I completely agree with you. I'm from the UK not into Soccer at all, Rugby is my main game, NFL is my second.

The thing that strikes me between the UK press and US press (and presumably the fans too, I don't know any US NFL fans) is the instant expectations put upon players. In the NFL it seems to me that each new player is expected to perform instantly, with little or no honeymoon period to get it right.

From my naive position I think the Jets did really well to pull their two wins out of the bag, who would have thought with 5 minutes to go in either game they had the slightest chance?

But they did, and they pulled it off, that's why we love sport. The unpredictable can happen.

For what it's worth I though Zach Wilson was brilliant, I'm far from expert, but he kept his cool under pressure. The O line was doing their best, but it was creaking quite a bit. He kept drives alive, pulling off several do or die passes.

But most importantly for me was that he was playing with a smile, even when it seemed it was all lost.

Just my naive opinion, but the jets are 2 -2 on merit.

P.s they did stink against the Bengals!

#50 Jason Bees, Oct 4, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  11. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

Curious whether the jets are now really a 2-4 team? Or perhaps an 0-6 team?

LET’S GOOOOOOO.

12. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

We blocked a punt, this is a freebie and green bay were sleeping.

Deffo a 0-6 team. The record is a lie.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk