Type of game that can change the tides

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Same old Jets team and Jet QB would have lost that game.

More so than that Cleveland game which was a colossal fail by the Browns, here in a tough environment against a strong defense, Steelers with all the momentum, we turned it around and our KIDS and playmakers stepped up.

Zach Wilson didn't fall apart and executed timely clutch passes on pivotal downs in the final quarter.

He was composed and came through. The play calling was pretty bad but Wilson really improved on his timing and awareness there in the 4th.

This is the type of game that can change the tides and you look back at the type of win that propels the team to a winning culture and attitude.

I really hope they do, I believe Zach can lead us and Saleh made the right in game adjustments as we went!

P.S. Now trade Mims for a OL

azhar80, Cman68, Ozymandias and 9 others like this.
  2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Someone said it somewhere, but the 2 jet wins have been very un SOJ like.

This game just reeked of SOJ loss. Penalties, backup QB, have 0 juice for the middle portion of the game. But they pulled it out.

themorey, KY Jets Fan and Jets79 like this.
  3. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

I’ll be happy when ZW learns how to put a touch on shorter passes.

Butttt…we’re 2-2 and hopefully he’ll get better and better each game. He looks like he’s trending in the right direction though. Our snakebit Oline tho….sheesh.

Poeman likes this.
  4. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

No wonder it felt so bizarre to watch, 1988, yikes.

5. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I was born in 88 :eek:

rockyusmc2003 likes this.
  6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The young guys just need to keep learning and playing. Today was a great step forward for them, especially Zach Wilson.

Brook!, Ozymandias, Poeman and 6 others like this.
  7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I remember that game - it was played in a rainstorm - the Jets blew a 20-3 lead and a fumble recovery deep in Jets territory by a safety named Rich Miano with the Jets down 34-24 stopped the avalanche. They scored a TD on that drive then took the lead for good on next possession and won 38-34.

Nyjets4eva, Noam and rockyusmc2003 like this.
  8. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I always looked forward to the Dolphins games in the 80s, they were always a shootout and no lead was safe. That game in 86 when O'Brien threw for almost 500 yards and Wesley Walker had like 3-4 TDs; those games were wild!

Speaking of, RIP Jim Sweeney :(

themorey, Noam, mrjet80 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Don't know about the change of tides... but this game is a plus positive for our young squad.

Teaches that good things happen when you don't give up and keep pushing.

This game was never out of reach... unless you buy into the SOJ mindset.
    Then it's an 'L' no matter what the score.

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You don't get it - that's what they do. They give you just enough to keep you hangin' on, waiting for them to repeat and then they tease you into going all in...until the next time they crush your spirit. Then, just when you feel like you've had enough and are getting ready to walk away they start all over again - for a while. I think that's exactly why some guys here actually believe there is some kind of curse surrounding the Jets.

11. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Even if this isn't THE game we all look back at, as the one that started the dynasty (just wanted to try that word out), it may be one of many we can look forward to, that changed the meaning of SOJ, from something negative to being synonymous with "the comeback kids," or "ho-hum, we won another!"

#11 burf, Oct 3, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    ColoradoContrails, Poeman and Noam like this.
  12. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Great comeback win. Definitely need to get an OL in here.

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Playing at home with the Crowd behind should keep the Moxie going

I am actually looking forward to Sunday :))

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

100% agreed

15. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Hard to say it though…we are still very inconsistent…the Browns heroic comeback didn’t carryover to a home game the next week.

let’s hope this one does

but I do like hearing about Wilson’s confidence…that will hopefully carry over

and if we do this a few more times, that should reflect across the entire team.

Miami is for real and a better team than Pitt with much more dangerous weapons…will be a huge test for our D even with Teddy in there.

ColoradoContrails and cval like this.
  16. burf

burf Well-Known Member

That's to be expected with a young team, especially the O, with a constantly changing OL & a 2nd-yr QB coming off an injury. I think it'll be the season, in its entirety, that will show where the team's heading.

17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I'm content at 2-2. We have a meaningful game in October for the first time in years. That's good start. Lets see where it takes us.

18. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

A few thoughts

First of all, who didn't think we were witnessing yet another version of "A Star is Born Against the NY Jets" when Kenny Picknose came in? He wound up playing ok, but threw 3 picks which helped us come back

Cannot remember the last time we had a 4th quarter game winning drive for a TD to win a game - legitimately. Forget the Cleveland nonsense, that was a total miracle, this was a legitimate come back win.

Still have major questions about Saleh, discipline, and preparation. These idiotic penalties never end, and the shit that went on at the end of the first half sent me to the gym actually. I watched the 2nd half on replay. The difference between 13-3 and 10-6 in a game against a dead looking team is monumental and befre you turned around, we were down 20-10. The way Saleh gets excited when they win looks like he never expected to win and that worrys me. He almost looks surprised and relieved. Great coaches expect to win.

Kudos to the defense for showing up and playing a great game. They really only gave up 10 points since 7 was a pick 6 basically and the stupid 65 yard FG at the half; neither of which had nothing to do with the D.

Patchwork OL held together as best as it could. Hoping it gets better next week as guys get healthier - hopefully.

Oh and the Pats are in last place. LOL, they can not lose enough for my liking.

I have to admit I am very worried about next week. The fish are really good and have speed / weapons all over the place and have had our number lately. Teddy B has our number too and if we lose to him again, he will have beaten us with 3 different teams. Wish we weren't in such a rush to give him away for a lousy 3rd round pick like we did, as it turned out, we really could have used him over the past few years. Oh well, hindsight..

Poeman, ColoradoContrails and ouchy like this.
  19. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

No. A QB named Pickett? The football gods are not amused.

Cman68 likes this.
  20. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I remember seeing the score of that game flip-flop on the TV while I was staying at a friend's house near Chicago for Thanksgiving. Good memories!

rockyusmc2003 likes this.