Do you think we make the playoffs if we are 2-2 after the Steelers game?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 21, 2022.

?

Playoffs?

Poll closed Oct 5, 2022.
  1. Yes

13.0%
  2. No

87.0%
  1. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

I say Win loss loss next 3 and then it’s gets much easier for us

2. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

The Jets are no longer outclassed. the talent is there. They may be outplayed or outcoached, but they are not blown out. So on any given Sunday. Miami might or might not be better without Tua, and perhaps the Jets stay tough. then who knows. green bay doesn't strike me as an absolute loss. Another game they can win. buffalo will be tough.
    Their most important player is back. The O line is a shambles, maybe brown can come back. He will be eligible. But they have a week to put together a plan given the state of the line. Maybe the plan will work.

Lots of maybes', but last year there were none.

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

No

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Go to bed. You gotta wake up early.

K'OB likes this.
  5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

With how GB looks today, I wouldn’t mark that one down as a for sure L either.

All of a sudden, vs MIA, @GB, @DEN doesn’t look quite as daunting.

Definitely no gimmes there but I don’t see a game the Jets have 0 chance in.

cval, Lon Chaney and Noam like this.
  6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Let's take one game at a time.

Our first nine games are the gauntlet.

If we avoid injuries and have a winning record when we get to the bye week it might be time to dream big.

Much easier said than done.

Noam likes this.
  7. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

I never have understood this view.

If you are a player, of course you take it one game at a time, because focusing on the game in front of you gives you a better chance to win that game.

But if you aren't a player, what's the harm in dreaming about what might happen? What you're thinking about has no impact whatsoever on how the team actually performs, so dream about whatever you want.

It's kind of like buying a lottery ticket. Unless you are really terrible at math, you don't buy a ticket because you're hoping to win -- that ain't happening. You buy the ticket so that, for the 24 hours between the moment you buy the ticket and the moment they draw the numbers, you get to think about all the silly stuff you would buy/do if you were to win. That dreaming is what your $2 buys you, not any real chance of winning. So, how miserable would the lottery be if, when you buy your ticket, someone tells you, "don't get ahead of yourself here, let's take it one number at a time, and maybe if they draw three or four numbers that are on your ticket, then you can start thinking about what might happen if you get all the numbers, but for now, just focus on whether you're going to get one number, which doesn't actually buy you anything anyway." That's just silly -- waiting to dream doesn't do you any good, but it does cause you to miss out on whatever fun you would have if you spent those 24 hours imagining what might happen.

Football is no different. Only one team wins the Superbowl. Most teams don't get to the playoffs. The majority of fans will be disappointed when they see who is in the playoffs and discover it won't be their team. But every fan can spend January to December (or at least November) dreaming about what their team might do this year.

If you don't want to dream, that's fine, don't. But I don't understand why someone would tell other people not to have some fun thinking about what could happen.

Just my opinion. ;)

Acad23 likes this.
  8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Let's win two in a row first. It has been a while

FJF likes this.
  9. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Miami here we come

cval likes this.
  10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

He didn't say what language he'd write it in and you may never know what it said. It might just be a thesis on your heritage!

11. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

He did that vs Pitt and too much of it. Wether it was time or coverage felt they need to get him going with quicker passes first and his legs even to open up the deep pass