Let's be real: This is an 0-4 team. /s

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WilsonJetsFan, Oct 2, 2022.

1. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

Did anyone predict we would be 2-2 after 4 games? Not many, I'm sure.

I get that. We've been so bad for so long, the long-time fans have a hard time expecting wins. In fact, some have forgotten what a 50/50 team looks like.

The thing is, you don't have to be that good to be a 50/50 team. Most teams with a 50/50 record have made a lot of bad plays, even when they win. Most teams with a 50/50 record win some games just because they other teams made worse mistakes than they did. Yes, Zach sometimes throws an errant pass, but so do lots and lots of starting quarterbacks. Yes, sometimes Davis and G. Wilson drop passes, but so do all receivers. That doesn't mean they are terrible or that we shouldn't have drafted/signed them. It means that playing NFL football is very difficult, and people make mistakes. Winning doesn't mean that you don't make mistakes; it just means that the other team made more. In half our games, we made fewer mistakes than the other teams. That's a big step up from where this team has been.

Our first four games have been against teams that don't usually make that many mistakes, but we caught just enough breaks to pull out 2 wins and go 50/50. That's not bad given our opponents.

If you want to find things to complain about, there are plenty, and there always will be. Or you can enjoy the W and accept that we can make a lot of mistakes and still be an average football team.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Of course the self loathers and whiners are going to be out in full force but it’s not like we got lucky. Cleveland? There was a lot of luck involved there. Today the only thing that happened was we played a damn near perfect fourth quarter. If we can play below average for most of the game but still walk away with a W because of clutch quarterback play and defense in the fourth then I’m fine with getting lucky every week of the season.

PJ4Ever, donkey, JetFanInNE and 10 others like this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

:)

@Royal Tee is a better Jets fan than I am but this thread is a funny one. I love it,

We are 2-2 and if we find a way to score against the Dolphins we will be 3-2 in the season. Go Jets!

4. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

You clearly don’t know ball.

This team should be 0-4.

/s

5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I was all on board the 0-9 start. 2-2 is a major coup. I am not going to predict that we will be any better than 3-6 at the break but we are playing next week 2 weeks into October and the F-ng Football season is not over. It's been a long time since an October football mattered. A win and we could be in 1st place. There is a lot to be hopeful about. This a young talented team that makes a ton of mistakes but a team that could become very good by the end of the year. Give this team a stable offensive line and this could be a very dangerous team.

NCJetsfan, JetFanInNE, SOJAZ and 6 others like this.
  6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

With a 10-0 lead we did everything in out power to screw it up and lose this game.

We scored the winning touchdown by about an inch with seconds to spare.

Two close wins that could have easily slipped through our fingers and two blow out losses.

Bad decisions and excess penalties are a sign of poor coaching, youth, or both.

While I enjoyed the win many of you want to spike the ball on the 10 yard line until waiting to get into the end zone fiirst.

Nyjets4eva and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

There’s the one

Lon Chaney, JetFanInNE, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  8. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Dolphins will be without Tua, but they have a solid backup, and our best unit is our corners. Jets could sneak this one out.

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Miami will be a much much tougher test

And we play the Phins at home

KY Jets Fan and James Hasty like this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I predicted we'd be 2-2 after 3 games.

Does that count?

ouchy, Pepsiguy5, Lon Chaney and 2 others like this.
  11. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

No. We should be 1-3. Cleveland game was over if Chubb kneels.

Pittsburgh does not have a better team than us. Should be 13-3 at half. Pickett doesn’t come back from down 10pts.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Way to distort the facts. When we win coulda shoulda lost, when we lose was a blow out. Neither are factual. We played with a patched together OL against a damned good defense and we held our own. No one was giving us a chance. We fought hard and could have folded but we didn't. We took it to them when it counted. Its two and two and we played the other two games just as tough. It was hardly a blow out till desperation time with an inmobil QB. Yep we are making mistakes, but we are overcoming them. This is nothing like years past. Period. We are two and two in the midst of a young bunch of hard fighting youngsters trying to jell with unsurmountable injuries at tackle.. Quoting all here that use the term over and over in the past "You are what your record says you are" And we are in the middle of the fight. Just like we wanted. Or is that saying only applicable when we are loosing?

#12 LAJet, Oct 2, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm sure Saleh told the team the exact same thing in the locker room after the game... :confused:

Mogriffjr likes this.
  14. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

I think the issue is our defense is really really bad. We okay teams with dynamic offensive playmakers the next three games. It’s going to be a long month…

We had a chance against Pickett, Trubisky, and etc but not against “real” QBs.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  15. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

This is all true. We have not been blown out in each game and there is improvement. That’s all we can really hope for this year.

JetFanInNE, WilsonJetsFan and Noam like this.
  16. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

I think I will never read another post after this one. Sad, sad, sad.

KingRoach likes this.
  17. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

From what I've seen of this team the first 4 games they should be 0-5

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

The difference between winning and losing is often very slim or just a couple of big plays. Even in the Ravens game, there were a couple of plays that could have gone differently and maybe changed that game. Obviously in the two wins, there was a tiny margin.

The hope is that you win and gain confidence. This was always a team we hoped would improve as the year went on, especially after the Wilson injury. Starting 2-2 when we're not really even playing that well yet is a positive.

19. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Honestly, at this point, they should just go ahead and cancel the rest of our games and give us the 1st overall pick. 0-17, mark it down.

Jets69, JetFanInNE and hornblower like this.
  20. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

You are incorrect. This is a 2-2 team. End thread.

Baumeister likes this.