The offensive line is not good

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

We gonna need at least 3 new Oline men starting next year. Mixture of FA and draft picks. I would like to see only Tomlinson and AvT starting possibly, I hope Laken can start to play like prior years.

2. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Pretty sure if Mitchell continues to play this way, he'll be penciled in at RT.

WilsonJetsFan, FJF and dawinner127 like this.
  3. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

ALL of this, despite so many past draft picks and moves, is really needed. I don't see how fans are choosing not to acknowledge how serious an issue this is for the Jets.

4. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

true but a little too early for me to tell or say that yet, we will see. Would be great tbh

5. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

On the bright side we did make a big free agent signing at left tackle.

Injury report says we get him back in week five.

As bad as Tomlinson is better play outside would limit the ground he would have to cover inside.

FJF and ouchy like this.
  6. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

We are down our starting LT (Fant), our starting RT (Becton), and our backup LT (Brown). We have reinforcements starting soon but they haven't been ready yet in Remmers and Ogbueje, but in the interim, anyone who expects our line to be good when we're down to our third-string left tackle has unrealistic expectations. With this level of injury, of course our OL is not good.

WRT Becton, you can certainly argue that this is self-inflicted because Becton has struggled to stay healthy. Beyond that, we've been snakebitten this year (again). It's crazy that we have been that unlucky two years in a row.

Time to use some serious draft capital or cap space on the OL for next year.