Jets being the Jets.. Carton and Roberts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The thing that is so frustrating for the fans of chronically bad teams is that it really isn't that hard to be mediocre in the NFL or anything else.

You have to work at it, doing the same stupid things over and over again to get to where the Jets are now and have been at times in the past. It takes a level of cluelessness that is truly exceptional to keep making the same mistakes.

For the Jets the #1 thing to watch out for is using free agency like a primary talent source when the rest of the team sucks. If you want the privilege of being able to tap a prime free agent and make something out of the move you have to build the rest of the team first and then fill the hole that remains.

The Jets instead sign the high-priced guy and then try to build around him and that never works because he's going to get buried by the lack of talent around him.

REVISion likes this.
  3. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

I’ll say this. Not all that mad at 1-2 and regardless how we got there.

I think the kicker is if Wilson comes back and the team remains to look awful or non-competitive. That’s when I think a lot of real questions will need to be asked.

these past 3 weeks just opened our eyes a bit more.

4. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

is he drunk? he sounds sloshed

Jojo likes this.
  5. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

We ranked 25th last week and now we are back at rank 31st. One game makes that much difference?

Jojo likes this.
  6. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

What high priced FAs has JD signed?

dawinner127, PJ4Ever, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  7. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

That was the Jets M.O. previously. I think Joe Douglas has strayed away from this practice by amassing draft picks and stocking the team with some very promising young talent. He's certainly padded the team with a few key free agents some better than others.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He's overpaid repeatedly for the guys he signed. Corey Davis, Carl Lawson and Laken Tomlinson all fit the bill to a T but he's overpaid almost everybody he has signed.

IDFjet likes this.
  9. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Lol. I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic of if you really think 12.5 mm is overpaying for a receiver.

I’ll play though, what WR would you have wanted last FA or the one before? I’m on the edge of my seat.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  10. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

What high priced FA has JD signed? He’s frugal to a fault. No basis in reality here. He’s building through the draft primarily

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Ya know what guys???.......this isn't about what or how much JD pays for this hot garbage we put on the field to defend against the opponent

We don't have a decent or even average defense and money paid was money wasted !

12. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Its stupid how much stock is into one game in the NFL. I get there at only 17 games and the media has to get viewers, but even here and other fans it's like the sports version of manic/depressive.

Jets are not a good team, that's not going to change if they win again next week. But we do need to see improvement from last year and maybe see less dumb shit like miscommunication or penalties over a long period of time.

I will say it's makes it easier to see who's a dumbass and doesn't have an opinion with a dime. Like people who saw Zach Wilson play 4 snaps in preseason and decided that was enough to guarantee he's a bust. Even if they are right, so is a broken clock twice a day

#12 JackBower, Sep 27, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Name the people you're talking about who saw Wilson play four snaps in the preseason and guarantee he's a bust but who saw nothing of his 741 snaps last year.

#13 Ralebird, Sep 28, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What is being built and how long will it take? The Empire State Building was completed in 410 days; Joe Douglas has been employed by the Jets for 800 days longer.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm really starting to appreciate band-wagon fans...

ColoradoContrails and cval like this.
  16. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I thought THIS was an excellent take on the most recent Jets loss.

17. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Taking Receipts?

18. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I really want you to explain how you do not define Tomlinson as a high-price FA? He's not the highest paid but he qualifies as a high price FA relative to all salaries at guard.

Also the mere fact that we signed Davis, Lawson, and Tomlinson indicates we offered the highest amount of money than the other 31 teams--no ones coming here for the possibility of a ring.

To prove they are underperforming their salaries, how about you name a team that would take any of them off our hands right now without even giving us compensation--just taking their salaries--I can't so it seems to me they are overpaid relative to their performance.

I hope you are able to articulate some argument in your favor--I would like to know a rational different opinion than mine and Br4d.

Br4d and HackettSuxTNG like this.
  19. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

No, the bengals game just reinforced where the jets should be. Why should they have moved up at all based on a comedy of errors from the browns, and 2 minutes of competent football?

Br4d likes this.
  20. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Why should we put any stock in the games? That would be what teams like the Chiefs and good coaches like Andy Reid do...how foolish. Why would we ever want to do that.
    Since there are only 17 games each year, let's just focus on the off season when it really matters...

Cman68 likes this.