Studs and Duds week 3 vs Cin

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Glad you called out JFM & Moore. Conklin wasn’t a dud, but I think he’s the beneficiary of garbage time looks.

2. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Darn right it looks bad they couldn’t see they had something in Mitchell.

I’m not crazy about everything JD has done, but. I really feel like it’s saleh letting him down rather than vice versa

KingRoach likes this.
  3. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

McDermott deserves to be on the dud list…Flashback to Wayne Hunter, that’s how bad he was/ is

Also dud for anyone that thinks he deserves to be on the roster (JD?). Hard to imagine there’s no one out there on a practice squad that isn’t any better

SOJAZ and FJF like this.
  4. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I read this as

“Great job by JD and the scouting dept to have gotten Becton’s replacement in the 4th rd. I know we all wish he was only a spot starter behind the big man but our guys nailed this pick; what an eye for talent.”

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

One more dud:

The television broadcast. I've seen streams that were better than that turd.

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah... I noticed some issues early in the coverage that hinted at a potential problem.

CBS took a while to get something up... longer than they should have probably.
    The plan is almost always to cut back to the network desk in case the game feed craps out.... but sometimes talent & or crew are on break and it takes time to get things in place. The network game desk is always kept 'hot' in case of problems.

Most NFL games run through either New York (CBS/NBC) or Los Angeles (Fox).
    Not sure how ESPN handles their games... but I think they all go through Bristol, Conn.
    When I've worked Super Bowls at the network center... security is tightened up... even dogs are brought in to sniff about.

Fox shadowed the week 1 Thursday Nite game for Amazon in case shit went haywire.
    Even the week 1 Fox pre-game show was shadowed by a secondary stage when they premiered their technically dense new show... just in case.

ouchy likes this.
  7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

All good stuff guys, thanks. I'd give a thumbs up to Quincy Williams for what seemed (around the mid game) him going bizerk and killing dudes. Looked like he was blowing people up. I didn't have sound for the game and spotty reception, but Quincy looked pissed and legit. His brother's up the middle sack at crunch time was a think a beauty too.

Looked like Cool Joe was under duress most of the game, exactly what kills his ability. So diss appointed about our oline but happy at same time over the right side. Last year it was our right guard that killed us...this year it's the entire left side. ug. But next TC will be fun to watch with that new LT we just signed, Fant, Becton, and our rookie RT battling it out for 2 spots.

I'm glad ZW is coming back, and I'm glad ZW can sling the rock while running for his very life.

LAJet likes this.
  8. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

PFF had 4 Jets rookies in their top 15 for Week 3. Say what you will about PFF, but I think these seem fair. All three of the 1st rounders plus Max Mitchell. Who'd have thought Max Mitchell would be passable and Fant and Tomlinson would be the liabilities on the OL... Nice to see JJ getting high grades for his run defense. Maybe he's a reason their run D has been surprisingly solid
    https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rookies-15-highest-graded-week-3-2022

PJ4Ever and Noam like this.
  9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

unless,, like the other injuries, week to week adds up to 16 weeks.