Official Robert Saleh Thread for 2022 Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Pitt sacked Burrow 7 times.

K'OB likes this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Moore was good last year bar his injury issues, got to ask why he isn't being targeted this season.

Forward your concerns to MLF

Too early for Zach atm, got to see him play this season.

Though I see you don't mention AVT or MC1

So as it stands it still 4 promising draft picks, MC2 looked alright last year as backup CB/slot but the other hybrid picks were a little odd but got to think that was on Saleh wanting them, I played those draft games for months and didnt see any of those names come past lol

#362 K'OB, Sep 26, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Thanks for the correction. Not sure how I had those numbers so wrong.

Lon Chaney and K'OB like this.
  4. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Carton just called Saleh out. He thinks he may be gone with a loss to Pitt or a very very warm seat.
    It’s true. They’re not even competitive.

and idc about Wilson game 1. Dude is the number 2 pick. It’s time he earns his keep too. Not a chance he’s not out there vs Pitt

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

No way Saleh gets bounced even with a Pitt blowout. JD and Woody are too PR conscious to do something that radical without having a ironclad guarantee from no lesser a former coach than Sean Payton. PVO man.... PVO..

azhar80 and SOJAZ like this.
  6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Craig Carton! Degenerate gambler extraordinaire!

azhar80 likes this.
  7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Carton doesn't really have much credibility so I don't care what he says.

On the other hand, Saleh has soured a lot of Jet fans already. He won't surive another 4-5 win season in my opinion. His specialty is defense yet our defense isn't anything special so far in his tenure.

It is still early in the season and schedule is tough. I am ready to give Saleh the benefit of the doubt until end of the year and I hope he proves people wrong. I just don't see it but not ready to call his head yet either. Let the season play out.

LAJet and Jets79 like this.
  8. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

Sadly, I’m starting to get Herm Edwards vibes from coach Saleh. I hope that I’m wrong but as of today…. :(

NYJetsO12, cval, Acad23 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I am too…I’ve seen nothing encouraging to date…team looks flat, game plans are not creative on both sides of the ball, and it just feels like we’re not getting the most out of our players….feels like we should be better than we are.

I am willing to give him the year but we can’t keep getting blown out by double digits week in week out. Other teams are rebuilding much faster than we are…

He gets this year to show something…only way he doesn’t make it through the year is if we keep losing badly by multiple TDs over and over…

10. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I just saw, & posted the Cory Davis penalty, which wasn't broadcast. CD actually went after the defender DURING the play. The guy should've been benched & suspended on the spot. What does Mr Cliche do... zippo. Probably gave him a t-shirt after the game.

Ralebird and Acad23 like this.
  11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I maybe mistaken but alot of posters here said that the HC and CS needed to show they are capable of making the next step. The talent has improved yet the team continues to implode... even the veterans are screwing up. WTF has this CS been doing since OTA's? IMHO, this team is again an embarassment and is dysfunctional. Game plans are laughable... and if you take the time to read the following you'll see... Now you have players calling out coaches on sideline... not good gents.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/jets_loss_highlights_team_failures/s1_16880_37925840...

there is some good facts here....

Robert Saleh has coached 20 games for the New York Jets. He is 5-15. In those five wins, the average margin of victory is 3.8 points. In those 15 losses, the average margin of failure is 16.1 points (emphasis mine, that is AG territory). by comparision: Mike McDaniel is undefeated as Miami’s head coach, and they just knocked off the juggernaut Buffalo Bills. Brian Daboll is winning in the locker room next door with his Giants. Doug Pederson has the Jaguars looking like a whole new team... yet we are stuck going no where.

The Jeff Ulbrich-led New York Jets defense has allowed a 69% completion rating. They’ve allowed 37 touchdowns and stolen only 8 interceptions. Teams average 7.7 yards per play against Gang Green, and an average of 27 points scored.

It has been so terrible that DJ Reed, in his first year with the New York Jets, told to media he wants a defense-only meeting with all players and all coaches to make sure everyone gets on the right page. And frankly, after posting 3 great games at boundary corner for the Jets, I’m inclined to believe him over any coach on the roster. In the same vein, Quinnen Williams was seen yelling at defensive line coach Aaron Whitecotton because he wanted the defense to drop more in coverage and stop running complicate blitz schemes that weren’t getting home to Joe Burrow when the safeties and linebackers were getting torched. “Put it on our backs,” he roared.

JD gets alot of kudos here and righly so but the OL is a fking mess and has been for at least 2.5 yeras that he is been here:
    https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti..._was_overwhelmed_by_bengals/s1_16703_37923090

NYJetsO12 and rinvesto like this.
  12. Cman68

I get early Jet HC Pete Carroll vibes...

13. bicketybam

And he turned out to be a shitty (SB winning) coach.

Cman68 likes this.
  14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The linked Yardbarker article keenly points out the coaching failures.

It's one thing to forgive rookie players for mental mistakes... it's quite another when experienced defensive coaches
    can't scheme up an effective plan to stop opponents from moving the ball at will.

When you're gifting double digit wins* to every opponent... you've got a coaching problem.

*Baltimore game was a fluke.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  15. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

This is the problem…I’m not saying our talent level is Super Bowl quality, but I just don’t think our talent level is double digit loss week after week level either.

I get we have injuries on OL (this I lay squarely at the feet if JD because I just can’t fathom we are this bad on OL three plus years into his run), and that we have a backup QB (though honestly I’m not sure Zach will be all that much better until I see him prove it on the field), but if we had better coaching running the show I think it would be different. Parcells could do much more with these same exact players for sure.

to me, Saleh has this year to show he can do it…otherwise if we’re still playing like this in December I want him out…not that it’s my call, but the heat will be on for sure

16. bicketybam

Robert Saleh

All halal, no haram!

Cman68 and NYJFOREVER like this.
  17. Cman68

Yep... AFTER he left the Jets..

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

What the heck you talking about Saleh?

19. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Oi vey.

20. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

The fuck is he talking about??

quotes like this where you’re trying to make an excuse or claim it’s just unlucky are not going to help his case.

it’s your fucking job to actually COACH these players and insure these things don’t happen

unbelievable, but you can see when you get quotes like this and like the whole receipts bullshit instead of taking accountability show that the pressure is definitely getting to him

so two occasions? Really? What about the other 15 losses, chum?

REVISion and NYJetsO12 like this.