Official Robert Saleh Thread for 2022 Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Sep 7, 2022.

1. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

going to exit the board for tonite.....have to take the rx painkillers so they have time to sink in......

i know what you are all thinking: typical jet fan...

2. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

A lot to be concerned about. I’ve been a Saleh supporter but it appears he really is not living up to expectations. Eventually, you have to win games and or look good. Neither are happening.

1. Quinnen fiasco was ugly. That’s our best player and blowing up.
    2. This zone scheme is awful
    3. No pass rush
    4. No O

Steelers game could be the season. If we lose, it’s a lot of tough games ahead. AFC east is now quietly the best dvision in football. Could be a 3-4 win year.

stinkyB, JETFUEL1580 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

...and what makes It the worse for me.

We've been rebuilding for 12 years, just to STILL be at the bottom of the division. The never ending rebuild from hell.

SOJAZ, ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
  4. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

You either draft players who can stay healthy and or develop. Joe Douglas May be gone too. If Zach Wilson doenst look good or ends the year injured. Lot of decisions to make from the Johnsons. Joe has done a good job trading picks but can’t really draft well or develop.

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Please stop that. You can not predict injuries.

6. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Saleh's response to this sideline fracas between Williams and Whitecotton according to Rich Cimini's game report:

"Williams was "Challenging" the coaches to let the defensive line rush four players instead of a seven-man rush to put pressure on Burrow after Boyd's long TD. "I love the fire," Saleh said. "We don't need them jawing at each other. but he's being competitive ... He's not wrong to challenge us."

Maybe that's just Saleh's sales pitch to the press., "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain". But, the pundits and prognosticators will have a field day with this on the field meltdown so early in the season. This better get nipped in the bud fast.

stinkyB and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Isnt that the type of fire you want out of one of your best players on the team?

It’s in the heat of the moment. The defense knows they gotta do better. Between that and what Reed said, they gotta step it up immediately.

8. burf

burf Well-Known Member

That includes every game with this CS running the show. Being an oldtimer in Jetslandistan, off the top of my head, I think after Weeb left we've had 2 solid head coaches... Walt Michaels & Parcells. That's probably as sad as our QB situation since Namath. I wish the NFL would step in, like they did with the Giants decades ago (basically hiring George Young for the Giants), & force the Jets to hire a sound management team. I like a lot of what JD's done, but his 2 biggest decisions, Saleh & Zach, aren't looking too good right now. Hopefully, I'll be eating a healthy heap of crow parmigiana down the road, but for now I'm exhausted trying to hang in there with Saleh. Luckily, I have my 60% reserves to tide me over.

SOJAZ, AtlantaJet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

They don't even adjust the cliches.

stinkyB, PennyRoyal10 and Cman68 like this.
  10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I think patience is important in sports, but I also think you can tell if someone is good or not pretty early on. I don't see much from Robert Saleh. The jury is still out, but he has not done too much to positively improve the team since he took over. I do know for a fact that Jeff Ulbrich is terrible and needs to be fired as defensive coordinator. He is brutal. That is on Saleh for hiring him and allowing him to coach the defense.

There are a few Jets I respect on defense right now (Sauce, Reed, Quinnen) and they all seem pissed how the defense is run, as am I.

Again, it is early, but I am definitely tiring of the All Gas No Brake talk with nothing to show for it.

SOJAZ, cmcm750203, Jets79 and 2 others like this.
  11. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

There's a story out there about the IRS hiring 87,000 new agents, so in this instance, Salah is smart enough to keep the receipts...just in case. He only has to keep the receipts for six years though, at which point the Jets would have failed to make the playoffs for 17 consecutive seasons.

PennyRoyal10 likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You can shake a tree and a Shanahan-tree offensive minded assistant will fall out and be a good head coach.

Of course we end up with a guy who really comes from the outdated thought process of Pete Carroll.

SOJAZ, NYJFOREVER and Cman68 like this.
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

but you can look closely at their injury histories.

ouchy likes this.
  14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well here we are ...on the Road To No Where for a change..lol

Sick of this shit

Our only salvation>>> As I posted before if we have a real bona fide GM he won't be Salehs lackey. He can do what the Browns organization did and replace Kitchens with Ivy Leaguer KStefanki 11-5 2020-2021 and playoffs for Cleveland

2-1 so far in 2022

Miami has the Yalie Coach and they just upset the mighty Bills. Please don't tell me We did that with Dartmouth Idzik but just know he was a bean counter turned GM and had no real football smarts

Message to our GM>>> go after a Brainy Coach ..Make our Harvard Alumni Fitzpatrick an offer he can't refuse

JMHO

15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The cover 3 system is outdated.

The Seahawks Super Bowl defenses had an all pro LB, all pro CB, and an all pro safety. They also had a solid pass rush and Kam Chancellor.

If your defensive scheme needs all pros at every level to work, it’s probably a bad scheme.

16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

6ft 7" 450lb and knees...

Something gotta give.

Usually the knees.

SOJAZ and Cman68 like this.
  17. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

Lots of player turnover in 2 years but coaching has remained constant. Despite player turnover, the same playing patterns keep repeating. Offense has some excuses in injuries, but not so the defense. Despite seeming improvement against the run (didn't seem like it in the 4th qtr) the team still gives up too many points. Although they are playing better than last year, opponent yardage and time of possession down as well as getting off the field to give the offense a shot, they still make enormous mistakes. So I blame the coaches. Its evident they are not doing their job well. Defense operates as an independent unit, but maybe the pressure on them, due to inept offense, leads to mistakes. That's the only excuse I can see. Jets crossed mid-field 6 times. then got stopped. turnovers. Wilson back which supposedly gives the offense a lift. If that happens and defense continues to screw up, its time for staff changes.

SOJAZ likes this.
  18. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

So far, we are unbelievably lucky to have 1 win, and weren't competitive in the other 2 games. The ravens game was mainly because of defensive breakdowns, a poor offence and bad special teams. The bengal game was more defensive breakdowns and turnovers on offence...at least they cleaned up the special teams!

NYJetsO12 and PJ4Ever like this.
  19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Quinnen Williams only playing 69% of snaps. Carl Lawson only playing 66% of snaps. Jermaine Johnson only playing 29% of snaps!

Nathan Shepard playing 32% of snaps. Solomon Thomas and Jacob Martin playing 34% of snaps.

What are we DOING here? The defensive coaching is absolute shit.

SOJAZ and cmcm750203 like this.
  20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

WTF