Schefter: Zach Wilson with Bone Bruise & Meniscus Tear (out 2-4 weeks)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Aug 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The Flacco dropping back 50+ times nonsense

2. Jaybranch23

Jaybranch23 Active Member

We hd people on this site unironically saying that we should ride with Joe Flacco instead of starting a guy we drafted #2 overall that hadn’t had a chance to take a regular season snap yet.

I’m looking forward to new /different dumb takes

Mogriffjr, MoWilkBeast, cval and 3 others like this.
  3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I just don't see it with Wilson (but then I also thought Josh Allen was going to have a career ending injury and be out the league in short order when all he did was run the ball and miss receivers in his early days so.....)

still two hot QB prospects in this year's draft so if Wilson isn't showing any improvement then we likely have a chance to move on (or trade the pick for a lot if we get the #1/#2 pick)

QB >>>>>> everything else - unless we get that position sorted (and we haven't in the last 50 years) we are never going to enjoy any long term success.

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

And I'm looking to more disappointing performances from the Jets regardless of who is behind center. I don't see anyone on the QB depth chart who can make a significant difference. As much as I hate to say it Flacco may be the best choice.

5. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

The Jets are not built for 50 passes regardless who’s at the QB.

The Jets did have some
    Negative rushing yards today but they had some good yards like 5-6 yards. They. Are built to mix despite the negative yards.

6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Ooof

Acad23, cval and KY Jets Fan like this.
  7. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

This post doesn’t look good right now but let’s see how Zach looks over the next few weeks before we throw too much shade.

Ralebird, Cman68 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  8. Jaybranch23

Jaybranch23 Active Member

How could you have watched the first 3 games and come to that conclusion? Flacco is really bad. The Browns game was basically the Bengal game except there was a blown coverage and a reeling team that choked in the final two minutes. Flacco has shown pretty much nothing. He was garbage outside of those two minutes in the Browns game. You can say he was average in the rest of the Browns game to be generous.

I don’t want to see Joe Flacco take another snap with the Jets unless we’re up big in a game and he’s in there handing the ball off

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I know this... As brittle as Zach might be, if they don't get that left side of the OLine fixed pretty damn quick Zach won't last 5 games this season.

Jets79, REVISion and Acad23 like this.
  10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I don't really have much to offer in disagreement in regards to Flacco except that he does seem to be in control of the game when he is in it as much as a quarterback can be while relying on the players, game plan and play calls he has to work with. I don't believe either White or Wilson has that command of the team. What you haven't claimed is that either of them, being the other two guys on the depth chart, would respond better. Does that mean you actually agree with me?

11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Agreed, though it would have helped if we were able to generate any kind of pass rush when it mattered, and not in garbage time.

With Flacco, only if you give him enough time, you have a chance. Plus he is very inconstant. In this game, he just didn't have time. Given he had a good game last week, chance were small for a repeat to begin with. Fant and CMD made sure these chances were reduced to 0. If Fant is out for a while or plays as bad through the injury as he had today, starting Flacco is a recipe for disaster. With OLine like that, if Zach is hurt, Streveler/White give better chance to win.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Hey Zach! Welcome back.............to hell. :D

stinkyB, Cman68, Noam and 1 other person like this.
  13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

McDermott most likely won’t be starting at LT next week. If he does, they need to have a RB or TE chip and help on his side all game.

Part of the reason the OL looks so bad is because Flacco is a 39 year old statue. They ran 2 or 3 bootlegs yesterday. Almost no scramble drills or moving out of the pocket. And no, I’m not expecting that from Flacco.

The days of QBs standing back in the pocket are dead. The NFL is all about moving around as a QB and buying yourself more time.

stinkyB likes this.
  14. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Joe Flaccid is only good if he has lots of time and doesn't have to move. He's a statue who can throw a decent ball...at best. As soon as he has to move around, it's over.

15. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

He's going to get hurt again behind that line. And here we go on the Jets merry-go-round that is not fucking merry at all.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  16. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Welp

Brook!, BrooklynJetsFan and stinkyB like this.
  17. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Don’t even come at me…after Zach’s one quarter of looking like a NFL QB in 13 games lol.

18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I think he was saying how bad Rusell Wilson has looked.

Mogriffjr, BrooklynJetsFan and ouchy like this.
  19. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

True, but it's a long season.

cval likes this.
  20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

So ZW has looked like an NFL QB in probably 1/4 of the quarters he has played in the NFL to date. That's not nothing but it is approximately 3/4's of the quarters he needs to look like an NFL QB short of the mark.

Let's see if he can figure it out over the next half dozen games. That's about the length of his leash with the fans at this point assuming the Jets aren't somehow winning with him at QB anyway.

Mogriffjr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.