Do you think we make the playoffs if we are 2-2 after the Steelers game?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 21, 2022.

?

Playoffs?

Poll closed Oct 5, 2022.
  1. Yes

13.0%
  2. No

87.0%
  1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Wilson would need to turn into a Burrow level this year for us to even be in contention.

The answer is no.

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Playoffs was always an unlikely outcome for this Jets team and still is.

However, the AFC seems to be a bit overrated to the offseason hype. Raiders & Broncos look bad, AFCN is meh and AFCS is trash.

It’s going to be a mad scramble for last playoff spot. Would be nice if Jets are one of the teams fighting for it.

MoWilkBeast, Jetfanmack and ouchy like this.
  3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I voted no as that's going into the toughest part of our schedule. If we're 2-2 I could easily see us with 5-6 losses at the bye.

Let's do this thread again when we're approaching the bye. If we can somehow manage to be around .500 at the bye, I might change my answer.

A lot will depend on how Zach looks when he comes back.

Jets79 and papapump like this.
  4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

One win (We got lucky) and we are talking playoffs? How about we slow down and put a couple of back to back to wins together and win a division game before we start talking playoffs?

The sad thing is if we lose next week there will be threads to fire everyone.

5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Love this optimism but I don’t think so.

If they’re 2-2, they’re going to be in the hunt come December though, which is more than enough progress.

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

What’s the old saying? “Hope the best but prepare for the worst?”

For each game going forward mine is “ prepare for worst outcome…take a miracle when it happens “ lol

I see my Old Self in so many younger Posters here>>10 years ago the season would start and you are full of piss and vinegar. The Soma I was drinking brought on some wild Jets expectations

today just older wiser and jaded green..sigh

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Two seasons ago you thought we would win 10 games, 10 years ago, my arse.

I'll forgo the easier homerun on the wiser comment lol

#27 K'OB, Sep 22, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    FJF likes this.
  8. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The Patriots are also not very good so far this year. Their offense is being run by Patricia and its been a hot mess.

#29 ouchy, Sep 22, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  10. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

We've lost so many games recently because we fucked up, I'm not going to get sniffy over a victory because someone else did for a change.

11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Don't think we are quite ready this year to win enough games to be in the final hunt. I see some serious weaknesses in the D that will drag us down some. But I stay positive.
    Having said that, I see a lot of fight on this team. so from my viewpoint enough of the BS be it fan or media that whenever we win a game we are lucky and when we lose we are true to form. That is rubbish. Yes, Cleveland fucked up and Jets ceased the moment and won fair and square. That is exactly what good teams do. And it happens often across the league. If it was the other way around the same folks would be kissing the winning team's ass and praising their glories. We can spin it around and say, we fucked up on game one on a number of occasions that cost us a chance to win. Where the Ravens lucky? Enough said. You are what your record shows you are and will see year end where we stand.
    Can't wait to see the feedback after Sundays game. If we lose, the viewpoint by some will be more of the sam, back to form as expected, it was only a matter of time. If we win, the excuses to minimize the Jets victory will be endless. I just hope for a good,solid and competitive effort and no critical mistakes. And if we win, fuck yes, is because we earned it. Nothing lucky about that.

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

[​IMG]

bicketybam likes this.
  13. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

No, I don't think the playoffs are a realistic outcome. we are simply too weak at many key positions, especially linebacker and safety. Even our defensive line hasn't really impressed thus far. The most important thing is for all of our young players, especially Zack, to show tangible progress. If that happens, and we win a respectable say 7 or 8, number of games, I'll consider the season a big success.

ColoradoContrails and ouchy like this.
  14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

A miracle win in Cleveland does not a playoff team make. I vote no, but crazier things have happened.

15. Jaybranch23

Jaybranch23 Active Member

This

people are deluded on this site - thinking Flacco is a competent QB (he’s not) and that the Jets may make the playoffs. The jets winning on Sunday was like 1/100,000 chance - they really should have lost by 2 touchdowns. Don’t get me wrong - i love that the Jets won- but they are far from a playoff team and they really should be 0-2 with two lopsided loses

BrooklynJetsFan and Ralebird like this.
  16. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

No. This team is not ready for the playoffs.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Emmm probably not, but I voted yes anyways. Here's why. We all saw the Bungles not only make the POs but all the way to the SB. And the Bungles are not a powerhouse team. They were 10-7 last year (and we all know where one of those 7 losses came from) and they're 0-2 so far this year.

So if THAT team can do it, pretty much any team can do it, including ours. At least any team not named the Lions or Bears (I know) :)

Will-I-Am-Not likes this.
  18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I am taking receipts. Watch out.
    Jay

You are delusional for being a Jets fan too you know. :) Almost 12 years of no playoffs. What else do we have to talk about? :)

ouchy likes this.
  19. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I expect us to be 3-1 and absolutely in a position to make the plates. With those wins we’d be in a good position for most tie breakers

I honestly thought it would take half a season before we hit our stride but with the coming out party of G I see that time table moves up. I believe the D line is going to step up against the Bengals and the OLine will be in good shape in Pittsburg.

I’ve followed the NFL for 40 years, I’ve only followed the Jets for 15-20. It was hard rooting for a team when I hated every move the FO made. I hated the Sanchez pick. Everything is different now.

Hearing other people’s stories from Sunday, I was amazed by how many people turned off the TV when Chubb scored…. That’s when I sat up and said it’s going to come down to the onside kick.

We have players, we have the coaches, and so far we have the luck. Browns without Watson. Steelers without Watt? I even like that ZW is missing the first 3/4 games. There is 0 reason the Jets can’t make the playoffs this year.

KY Jets Fan and Brook! like this.
  20. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I appreciate your optimism. We'd need Zack to at least be 'Burrows light" in order to approach what the Bengals did last year.

Footballgod214 likes this.