Do you think we make the playoffs if we are 2-2 after the Steelers game?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 21, 2022.

?

Playoffs?

Poll closed Oct 5, 2022.
  1. Yes

13.0%
  2. No

87.0%
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

2 tough games ahead and I believe if we win at least one of them we are set up nicely for rest of the season. Especially second half of the season schedule becomes very favorable and I think there is hope.. What do you think?

2. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

I just don’t think the defense is good enough. The safeties and linebackers are a mess. The DLine can’t stop the run and they pin their ears back every play and teams take advantage of that.

The offense will click more and more. The only factor is if ZW becomes a superstar this year; but even if he’s good he probably won’t reach how burrow success this year.

3. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

This schedule overall is just way to brutal to seriously consider a playoff run. As optimistic as I am, and will continue to be this is a season of growth for our players and coaches plain and simple. We have the defending AFC champions on Sunday who are probably very pissed and want to get a W on the board badly. We have the Dolphins who like it or not with the "Dash Brothers" in Hill and Waddle are gonna be a problem. Oh and I didn't even mention the other New York team from the west who look pretty unstoppable. Lets just hope that Zach Wilson will connect with Garrett Wilson and become a great tandem, along with our other talented skill position offensive players. Hope that this defense continues to improve into a bend and don't brake group, and that Saleh and company make the right moves to make us at least respectable.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

No team just isn't good enough to compete with the big boys.
    Offense made some progress obviously but I'm afraid when Wilson gets back we have to start from scratch all over again.
    Defense very consistently gets beat during Saleh's time here. There is ALWAYS a pocket in the zone for an open receiver or two it seems

Jets79 and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  5. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

No way. We're not good.

NY Jets68 and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  6. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Put down the pipe

PabloJa, mrmajix, NYJetsO12 and 6 others like this.
  7. JETFUEL1580

Keep up the brand. I enjoy it.

sozopol and REVISion like this.
  8. JETFUEL1580

HAHAHA!

I wanted to be more subtle with my comment, but I appreciate this.

9. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I doubt it. I think absolute best case scenario is we win 8/9 games, which I don't think will be enough. Only way we make the playoffs this year is if Zach makes a quantum leap.

10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Buffalo 2x, Miami 2x, NE 2x, Packers....sure, at worst we should go 6-1 vs. them and then clean house vs. the others.....

[​IMG][​IMG]

#10 joe, Sep 22, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  11. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Seriously? LMFAO

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

No, for many reasons. The main one is that this team still has many holes and still needs 3-4 more building block/foundational starters from the draft as well as our current rookies need a year under their belt. I like the foundation so far, reminds me of the state of our team in 07' that was primed to start playing well in 08' and then eventually the core was undeniably strong in 09' and 10'. Our OL is still shaky considering that Becton is likely done as a Jet and we have a rookie starting there. Our DL is amazing on paper but need to see them play better. Safety is a massive hole and LB corp has done a decent job managing but will need attention next year.

And the biggest thing is QB. I'm not a Zach Wilson believer and I don't think he's capable of taking us to the playoffs. I am just being real, not trying to be a downer, but I don't think Zach starts the rest of the games when he comes back.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

14. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Of course I hope we make the playoffs but it will be a miracle no matter what our record is after 4 games.

ouchy likes this.
  15. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

After winning one in a row, it's too early to determine.

PabloJa, sozopol, FJF and 1 other person like this.
  16. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Well, if we’re 2-2 we’re not out of it, and that would make a nice change.

ouchy likes this.
  17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I am taking receipts you know. Lol

18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I recently got this question from an EFS subscriber:

“Hi Sam. Thank you for English For Study. I want learn phrasal verbs so I speak to more people better. How I learn these?”

We have this saying in English:

“Don’t run before you can walk”.
    It basically means that you should be able to walk well before you can run.

Now, when we use this phrase, we don’t mean it literally. What we mean is:

You should be able to do the basics before you move onto the advanced stuff.
    It’s like when you see people thinking after the Jets have won one game they will make the play offs, when really they should be focusing on the basics of maybe getting a second win in the bag first.

Comprende?

19. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Let’s take this one game at a time. Bengals are going to be motivated to avoid 0-3.

I fear Steelers are going to insert Their rookie QB a la Mayfield did to us when he played his first game. That is how far I am taking this.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Lets be honest. The Jets should be 0-2. Cleveland fucked up. I give credit to the Jets for taking advantage and making the plays they needed to make in crunch time to get the win. With that said Cleveland fucked up. Bills and Dolphins are better. Ravens are better. Chiefs and Chargers are better. If the Jets win that would probably end the Bengals season. They aren't making the playoffs coming back from 0-3. Colts look like crap. Ditto the Raiders and Broncos. So maybe there is hope but it depends on Wilson and if the D can clean things up. If that happens then maybe they have a shot at a WC but most likely the Jets will win between 6-8 games this season which is an improvement from last year.

Nyjets4eva, Ralebird, sozopol and 4 others like this.