Schefter: Zach Wilson with Bone Bruise & Meniscus Tear (out 2-4 weeks)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Aug 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Joe Flacco's win/loss record for the Jets

1-8

VLT on the way.

#981 K'OB, Sep 21, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Ring of honor worthy

3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Its not hurting having Zach wait a few more weeks. I wont be impatient if he doesn't start against Pitt. TBH I'll be surprised if he doesn't get injured again this season. May as well wait until he is 100%.

Ralebird likes this.
  4. Jaybranch23

Jaybranch23 Active Member

I was saying that he should be better just given how little I think about Flacco. He’s not good - last game is fools gold - one touchdown was a broken coverage and, admittedly, he had that last drive which was good ((although the Browns were reeling after the fast TD and recovered onside kick.). The rest of the game he was pretty average - had a lot of missed throws.

All of flacco’s games before this Sunday we’re pretty crap (as was his time in Denver and the tail end of Balt.).
    Now I hope he plays well next week - but I’m not confident and even end of last year Zach would be better. I expect a bit of a jump in Zach’s 2nd year. If not - we will know that Zach isn’t a player to build around and we can work on QB plan B

Ralebird and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Thanks for hoping for the best ...but yes JFs next game could be crap as well ...I would go on to say none of our QBs are 100 per cent reliable for different reasons

I have no idea how Wilson will jump this year : up down sideways on another body part and then sidelined lol

If it were up to me I would give Wilson the ball in the 3 rd qtr of a game where we have a say a 3 touchdown lead

Or at a point in the Season where we are out of Playoff contention

But yes you are right ..eventually the Team needs to see ZW do his thing and if this is in middle of unprecedented playoff run he could always be yanked for the other QBs

Ralebird likes this.
  6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Once Zach Wilson is ready to play, he needs to be the starter for the remainder of the season, results be damned.

The Jets have to find out of he is the guy going into this offseason. They can't do that by giving him snaps in meaningless moments in games. They need to see how he handles every situation in game from the first snap to the final snap for more than a handful of games.

7. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

So what are you drinking tonight?

dawinner127 likes this.
  8. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Deleted bunch of posts. Please no political references here in Jets main forum. Also please stay on topic.

10. twown

twown Well-Known Member

So you're saying just play him in the second half of every game. Interesting idea.

:D

NYJetsO12 and PJ4Ever like this.
  11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

FJF likes this.
  12. NYJetsO12

That’s only assuming we have a lead .. so no not every game . we might be behind 2 or 3 tds then you continue to play your starter

13. Jaybranch23

Just to level set - the Jets are not a playoff team this year - even under the rosiest of projections. Playing Joe Flacco with a healthy Zach Wilson makes no sense at all - particularly given that Wilson is better than him (given how he ended last season.). I’d argue that Wilson has immense upside - now I don’t think he’ll hit that (I think he’ll bust) - but you don’t draft a QB 2nd overall and bench him for a journeyman QB before he takes a snap his 2nd year. That’s a mismanagement of your assets to the extreme

14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Zach didn't outplay Flacco last year - even after his injury.

Ralebird and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. Jaybranch23

I think your opinion of Flacco is a bit too elevated. He’s hot trash - I cringe every time I see him drop back. He’s a statue in the pocket, he’s missed open guys often and we haven’t been pushing the ball deep because he can’t evade pressure. What is there to like about this guy - I don’t get it?

I suppose he’s the best we got while Wilson is hurt - but get him the hell out of there once Wilson can go. I mean - it’s an easy decision

ColoradoContrails and cval like this.
  16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Yes but that is still much better than Zach has been. Last year Flacco had a QBR of 102, and this year its been 90.

If you think Flacco us trash then what does that make Zach? Inexperienced and unproven at best.

Jets79 likes this.
  17. NYJetsO12

In my heart I want to agree with you

I was really up and excited we drafted ZW but he didn’t make a great splash or reach the heights of Justin Herbert’s rookie year or even Mac Jones for that matter
    Maybe you think that’s too high a bar and you are entitled to your opinion about that and playing him year 2 over Flacco
    But part of me just wants to win .. historically QBs like Phil Simms didn’t transition to starters for a couple of years..even Pat Mahomes sat for 18 months before he took the field of not mistaken

OTOH I will support the CS decision with whatever happens

18. Jaybranch23

You’re assuming zero improvement from Wilson. Now I’m pessimistic of Wilson and don’t think he’ll be elite (or top 15) - but even I believe he’ll be better his second year vs his first year. The chance that he ends up being much better than anticipated is a massive aspect that makes him a must play. We know who Flacco is and it’s not good. Got to play the young player and see what you have.

if he proves his nothing special - you arrange for a better alternative next year - too late to do anything this year

ColoradoContrails and Acad23 like this.
  19. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Stop, you know Flacco is trash you are just arguing for the sake of arguing. Of course Zach is inexperienced he has not played a down in his second season yet. What has he started 10-11 games? Stop with this crap.

20. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I was responding to the statement that after WIlson came back from his injury he was better than Flacco. We've not seen Zach play better than Flacco yet.

Ralebird likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.