2022 - Week 2: New York Jets at Cleveland Browns

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 13, 2022.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Sep 18, 2022.
  1. Jets

42.9%
  2. Browns

57.1%
  1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Jets fans know the title of the article is a lie.

2. Ralebird

Coaching; bad coaching. Stefanski said they told the defense before they went out for that series that the Jets would be going long but the message obviously wasn't clear enough as far as specifics for each guy in the backfield.

3. Ralebird

Looks like the Browns have some of the same kinds of fans who cannot find a way to criticize their own team, regardless of how much they stunk up the joint. The guy at 1:13, with the rainbow goggles on his head, is the perfect example. Maybe it's the goggles.

4. Ralebird

Reporters are journalists, commentators are as well. It's obvious the Tweet was commentary, not reporting. What sucks is the current state of American journalism allows, and almost requires due to economics, that journalists wear both hats which not too long ago would have been considered taboo.

Are things different in "the old country"?

5. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

Jet fan reaction.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  6. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

It's a good question and one I can't answer I'm afraid. I'm not active on Twitter and I only ever see stuff second-hand when it is posted on here! I would expect our journos are just as bad, always trying to be the first to declare a defeat or a victory. It probably varies depending on which outlet or paper they are affiliated with. The 'red tops' (our equivalents of the New York Post) go for sensational, splashy, punchy soundbites. They write in short sentences so their readers can understand. The 'broadsheets' (quality papers like The Times and The Guardian) are more measured in their reporting.

7. TheSnake71

TheSnake71 Member

I can understand if you can't get the games on tv... that is not what I'm talking about. It seems like there are folks here saying things like I did housework, or decided not to watch, or things of that sort. People to have the ability to watch and just decide not to... And hey if you have better stuff to do, I'm not going to be the one to tell you how to spend your time. I'm just saying that if you are spending your time making thousands and thousands of posts about the Jets on a Jets forum, you'd think that they'd rate high enough on your priority list to ya know, actually watch the game.

I'm in my 50's and have been a season ticket holder since the 80's... so I feel the pain of our history as well as almost anyone... again, if you are just done I get that... but why post here thousands of times and then not watch?

And again, everyone should spend their time and money however they see fit.. I'm not telling anyone what to do, simply saying I don't understand it...

Noam likes this.
  8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Why would anybody think posting that is worth putting out there?

Ralebird, Acad23 and Noam like this.
  9. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

it's a pain mitigation technique

if they are natonal telly i'll tune in.

atthis juncture they are not, imho, worth paying to watch. (NFL channel or such)

doesnt mean i am not an addict

eg- Pitts/NE WAS on here locally (WIne COuntry Norcal).. and i watched that while i followed the play by play. (Pitts/NE was hard to watch so i barely paid attention... couldnt tell if it was good D or just horrific O on both sides...)

TheSnake71 likes this.
  10. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Respectfully, I disagree with you here. Uzomah and Conklin are both older (29 and 27) and are basically on 2 year deals as we can get out of both contracts going into the 2024 season with minimal cap ramifications (about 1.7M dead cap hit for both in 2024 if they get cut before the season).

I think the thought process behind signing these guys and drafting Ruckert was to allow Ruckert some time to grow and develop and not feel pressure to contribute immediately. TE is traditionally a tough transition which is why you rarely see rookie TE's crush it right out of the gate, it usually takes them a couple of years to fully hit their stride.

I think Ruckert has a lot of potential but it might take him a little time to realize that potential and become a contributor.

JetFanInPA and ouchy like this.
  11. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Robby Sabo has a great breakdown of the breakdown (ba-dum-tiss) here:

Definitely a miscommunication somewhere. Hard to tell if they were running Cover 2, Cover 6, or Cover 4 based off of the clip but it's pretty obvious Ward and the play-side Safety (I think it's Delpit?) were not on the same page.

twown, Acad23 and bicketybam like this.
  12. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I assumed @coloradojet was posting it as a joke... at least I hope so.

14. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I understand your point, however, I think the team had more pressing needs, like OL, LB, etc.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  15. Losmeister

i'll take the win, ffs, it was prctically GIVEN to us...

but... I'd rather \that #17 caught the ball on 3rd down and we went and tied it and then won.
    or that they DID NOT convert the 3rd and 7 and we went and tied then won.

Look at Amari shy away from the ball and contact...on the OSK wanted nuone of it pretty embarrassing i'd say

THIS ONE @ 4:02 channeling Cam Newton

#255 Losmeister, Sep 20, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
  16. Ralebird

I don't see anything from Twitter either, unless it's posted here. I also don't allow a guy who is charged with posting his opinions to bother me when he is just doing his job. My question to you was more about the line that had always been drawn between reporting and commentary and has now all but disappeared also mostly gone in the UK - do news outlets there rely on the same people to write both fact and opinion or do those jobs remain separate? It seems many people here do not understand the difference.

17. Ralebird

Totally agree. When I first saw that clip I felt a sadness for the kid who, rather than being out and interacting with other people with the same interests and sharing his obvious enjoyment, has isolated himself in what appears to be a windowless room and can only shout at his microphone and mug for his camera.

18. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Do i
    Do I have a great stream link for you. Free and you get to watch the Jets like the rest of us every time, No matter where you’re located… if you’re interested

Noam likes this.
  19. Losmeister

aw hell... wtf not? i can al;ways peep thru my fingers if its bad...

cval likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He probably makes 6 figures sitting in that windowless room shouting at his microphone so I don't feel sadness for him at all