Studs and Duds week 2 vs Cle

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You're right... and I actually debated that in my mind as I typed it.

But yes... I will spell his name correctly as long as he is the winning quarterback.

bicketybam likes this.
  2. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Not sure where else to put this but on the last two drives Flacco and Conklin were both studs and duds.

There were at least 3 drops that we're lucky were drops. Flacco should have never thrown them. If completed they would have yielded a negligible gain and the clock would have kept on running.

Those drops had as much to do with securing a win as all of the completions!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

At first I thought we had a false start, that we drew the defender over the line. Glad it was one of the few calls they got right.

4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Wow hard to believe cause he really stinks. But he had 6 solo tackles. I'm pretty sure none of them were on Chubb and Hunt for sure. They ran crazy on the Jet's defense all game long.

Lon Chaney and Jojo like this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

They did?

6. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

nobody? everyone who knows football, knows it was a mistake scoring.

the Browns coach knew it and said so as much in his presser.

you give yourself up, and take time off the clock.

do you remember freeman McNeil scoring in a similar circumstance.

Lam

Footballgod214 likes this.
  7. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I would add AVT to the Studs list.

Noam and GasedAndConfused like this.
  8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This tells us that aside from AVT the Jets really did a poor job of protecting the QB last week.

This is one of the reason that a run-first approach would be much better as the line gets to know each other. It's a lot easier to coordinate opening a hole than it is to coordinate not allowing one.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

If Kevin Stefanski knew it was a mistake to score... why didn't he tell Chubb to sit down at the 1st down marker?

I did not say it wasn't a mistake... I said nobody thought Chubb blew it when he scored there.
    After Chubb scored the Browns had a 99.9% chance to win.

It became a mistake when we scored one more point than them.

10. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Keep in mind that Fant and Mitchell were going against Clowney and Garrett most of the game. Arguably the toughest matchup they'll have all season so I'm not surprised that their Win %'s are so low.

Not saying your thought process is incorrect by any means, especially considering how efficient Breece and MC have been so far, just adding some context to these stats. I can't think of a better EDGE duo that we'll go up against this season.

azhar80 likes this.
  11. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Interesting that you mention Lawson and JFM. I think both of them AND Corey Davis could be cut or moved this offseason without a huge cap hit. I think it unlikely the jets bring back BOTH Lawson and JFM next year given their cap numbers in 2023.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  12. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

A good GM makes his team better, not worse.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  13. Footballgod214

Nice! So Joyner took down Lamar 6 times all by his little self! I didn't know this...thanks for pointing out! Joyner AFC Defender of the Week!

14. Footballgod214

Chub said he had a similar situation a while back, so he knew all too well to just take a knee (past the 1st down marker) and just run out the clock. But he also said no one on the Browns reminded him of this, but he should of known. Not the HC, not the QB, no body. Don't the brains behind the team normally drill into the RB's brains to NOT SCORE if he gets past the 1st down? I've seen it several times...someone yells at him not to score. But not this time. Like Chubb said, he thought his score sealed the win. As did the entire coaching staff, fans (both teams) and the network that began running adds showing how the Browns avoided 0-2 for the first time in 3,000 years! About the only person who saw his scoring as an opportunity to win was Saleh..."hole shit, we get to ball back with 2 mins LEFT TO WIN...LETS GO! POSITIVE THOUGHTS ONLY!!!"

15. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yes Chubb should have sat down so they could milk the clock, but can’t be too hard on him…his TD put them two touchdowns up with less than two minutes, I’d point more to the defense which let a receiver get absolutely free for a long point to the special teams which failed to recover an onside kick that is recovered 90% of the time these days, then point to the defense again for letting us drive the field and score again, and then finally maybe to Brissett for throwing a pick to seal it.

the Browns had plenty of goats in this game…

that being said, they came back to beat the Steelers so great for us…we will now be facing a desperate 0-2 Bengals team today and then on the road against a desperate 1-2 Steelers team

16. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

if he takes a knee instead of scoring it a 100% of winning as the jets dont see the ball.

the RB says it was a mistake. the coach says it was a mistake

it was a mistake football strategy wise regardless of outcome.

Lam

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Ain't hindsight cool?

Believe me... I feel terrible about the whole thing... :cool:

bicketybam likes this.