Here is a question that can never be answered...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ROCCO, Sep 19, 2022.

1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Where do these people come from? This is the thread you start after a Jets win and one of the greatest comebacks in franchise history.

Forgive me if I wonder if you really are a Jets fan. My guess you are just a troll.

2. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

ZW would have played better to start making game closer. Hope he learns from Flacco. That throw was veteran.

3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I mean sure, that’s true, but it sidesteps answering the original question.

Ralebird likes this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Because it can't be answered, the clue would be in the thread heading.

Alternatively, with Wilson playing would we have needed the last minute drive to win the game?

Again, another pointless unanswerable scenario.

Enjoy the win, it might be our last of the season.

5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

My crystal ball is in the shop because my dog knocked it off the counter. There are opinions and then there are flat out guesses. Any answer to the original question is a guess. No one knows the answer.

The thread topic is silly and ill-timed. It's pretty obvious the OP is just starting shit.

#25 bicketybam, Sep 19, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  6. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I can imagine a completely different game. Zack has a few planned rollouts and unplanned escapes from the pocket where he throws to GW or EM for big gainers.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

No, no, presumptuous is not the word I would use there.:D

boozer32, egelband and KingRoach like this.
  8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No need to onside kick when you are winning 49-30. Proud of those 7 TD's Zach Wilson would have thrown too! 3 to Wilson, 2 to Moore, 1 to Conklin, 1 to Davis. Truly remarkable day for #2!

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Same freaking question, different day, where nothing has changed. How many times do we have to remind ourselves that Wilson was brought in to be our starting QB and he will be given every possible chance to prove it. This entire year year for absolute sure and may be even next year before a major decision is made. To keep reliving the one game by White and ignoring his 4 years before that or this superb game by Flacco changes nothing for the long term.
    To say we haven't seen anything from Wilson yet is a classic over statement to prove a personal viewpoint. Facts
    a) He hasn't play this year at all except one pre season set of plays, after a good camp. . No different in his untimely pre season interception than Flacco on his. Means nothing
    b) He clearly improved second half of the season without a lot of the talent here today. Yet that is completely ignored
    b) Same people that now get on Wilson wanted to hang Flacco on the goal post after game one
    c) Excuses like only good plays by Wilson last year were a broken play with Davis, or one big run against the Jags as if those don't matter. Pick and chose to make a point. OBTW same play yesterday with Joe and Davis. Busted coverage. good for us. We lost to the Ravens same way. Busted coverage on the long TD. We sure as shit didn't call that Ravens luck..
    Fact is we haven't seen enough at all to determine if Wilson is our future or not. We need him to stay healthy and on the field. The only way to put this issue to bed. Neither White nor Flacco are the long term answer. For now, assessing Wilson 2021 vintage to forecast the future is nothing but speculative noise.

boozer32, Brook!, mrjet80 and 2 others like this.
  10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I don't know the answer to the OP. But I do know that if Zach had that game instead of Flacco a number of people here would be insisting he's a top 10 QB, and probably better than Burrow.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think having the old hat in Flacco helped the comeback.

He’s the same guy when he’s up 13 points or down 13. If you lose it’s “aloof” and if you win it’s “calm under pressure”

either way a younger QB like Wilson might have pressed too much

Ralebird, The Dark Knight and Acad23 like this.
  12. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

agree with the main point that we need to see if Zach is the guy…no question

my point of view though is I’m not really 100% on board with your first bullet point b that says he clearly improved…the stats outside of no picks don’t support that, so it’s subjective based on stuff like he was playing with scrubs and such. But the main stats looked very similar in terms of completion rate, YPA, YPG, etc.

yes he looked marginally better because there were fewer picks so less mistakes and that is HUGE no doubt…but he needs to come a long way still

I’m not saying he won’t but I’m also not 100% confident he will…

Ralebird likes this.
  13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Yes, it’s a question. People guess what they think the answer will be.

Not ill timed in my opinion. We’re a few weeks away from when we’ll get an answer and the backup just played a good game.

Definitely easier to rip on the fan base though.

Ralebird likes this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

This thread has the makings of a real cesspool of bitching if it’s not there already.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  15. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Well while I don’t think the rest of the season will go as swimmingly as the last 1:30 of yesterday, there is no way the Jets do not win another game. They will win 6-7 games this year and if with a couple of lucky bounces maybe more.

16. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I really hope ZW has the same chemistry-or gets there quick--with Garrett as Flacco looks like he has.

Jets79 likes this.
  17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I know out of the two of us who is going to end up more disappointed.

18. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

All we have with ZW is hope. You can hope he becomes a competent QB all you want by to date he hasn’t been one. He’ll take the job back no matter what Flacco does in his absence, but if Flacco has another couple 300+ yard multi TD performances then it’s possible that Zach’s leash may not be as long as we thought but I doubt it.

19. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I get this, and I'd be with except for the fact that it was Garrett Wilson getting open, making plays, and scoring throughout the final two drives of the comeback.

The top 10 pick, hopeful franchise cornerstone WR, came back after injury and was the focal point of an epic, once in a lifetime miracle in just his second career game. The hope you're talking about missing was actually there, and in spades.

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I thinks your point is very fair. I'm definitely not 100% confident myself, and most of what I call improvement is subjective based on watching his every move. His poise and confidence, command in the huddle, how he moved out of the pocket, quicker releases, and better vision of what the defenses where showing as a measure. Still many unknowns, as his timing in short throws, staring at receivers, and mental toughness when things go wrong and goes into hero mode among others were still evident. Also, stats tend ignore the number of drops by receivers while the play was actually spot on by him. LAst year my recollection was we had more than or share.