Preparation... or lack thereof...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, Sep 18, 2022.

1. burf

burf Well-Known Member

It's still very early in the game, BUT... just watching the first few series... the Jets coaching staff is clueless.
    Immediately, you see the Browns are well-prepared to do what the Jets aren't prepared to do... stop the pass.
    The Browns know the Jets will be focused on the run, so they come out passing... a smart gameplan.
    While the Jets have a predictable gameplan, on both sides of the ball.
    Obviously, the Jets want to use GW more, so being obvious, that's basically who they're targeting. No, spread the ball around, just call GW's number over & over.
    Hopefully, it'll get better, but this coaching staff always seems to do the obvious, & seems to lack any creativity, or imagination in game prep. They seem overmatched, & continually outcoached, & underprepared.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Put the pipe down. Jets are tied at half. Relax.

3. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

Guess it's time to start smoking again. I'm sorry but I'm over having Saleh as HC. He has a ton of talent and he has yet to use it to his advantage. He is clueless and this "ALL GAS NO BRAKE" is just ALL TALK NO ACTION. It's time to consider looking for a new coach.

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

got a fork? Serving crow.

5. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I wonder how many fans turned the game off, & missed the ending?
    As far as what I said early in the game, I stand by it, however, I think our beloved OC did make some adjustments today, which is a good sign. Also, I liked the fake punt at the perfect time. So, I have hope the CS will grow up.
    I think the biggest thing about this game... lots of bad ref calls, but the players kept at it, & won a game the Jets usually lose. The O executed at the end... maybe the younguns won't be infected by the SOJ syndrome.
    And big kudos to the OL, for performing at the end of the game!

6. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

I'll say it was a nice comeback win, but I will stick to my guns and still say Saleh is no HC material. I'll eat crow today because of the comeback, but also give credit to Cleveland's defense for masquerading as a typical September Jets team.