Official Robert Saleh Thread for 2022 Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Sep 7, 2022.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

You can't even get to 8 wins without beating some good teams. But 8 wins would be considered a failure by certain posters. WTF?!

2. bicketybam

We won 2 games 2 years ago and 4 last year. What the bar for you, genius? 12 wins? You're a closet Bills fan. Admit it.

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Ignore the noise and stay positive. We need progress and eight games is a plenty good step forward. Spewing the same crap day after day, thread after thread, that we haven’t made the playoff in 11 years as we didn’t fucking know it is absolutely a waste of energy. All of the sudden, this new regime that had fuck all to do with that should have gone from crap to glory in one year. We absolutely looked like an expansion team under the prior two GMs yet the same worst critics of Jets performance get their butt hurt when that is mentioned to shit on Saleh. They like to swing in whatever direction suit their view point. Along those lines, it’s the same group that have already declared Wilson a bust and they hope and prey they prove themselves right.

bicketybam likes this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

8 - 9 is a LOSING season. Losing = failure. You might not like the terminology but math is math.

5. bicketybam

Every team fails each year with the exception of one.

K'OB likes this.
  6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I believe the point here is whether losing 8-9 season would be considered a failure give where we are in the rebuild process. I don't think it is the case. Winning 8 games this year would be a major turnaround for this team, particularly if we don't have a terrible start and are playing meaningful games late in the year. FAs would be much more likely to come to the Jets and not overcharge as 8 wins will make us ascending team with the platform to make play-offs next year.

7. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

So then why would you consider 8 wins the baseline for the season but to be a failure if you know it's most likely not going to happen?

You also would be shocked if they win 8 games... But that's the baseline for not a failure. That doesn't make sense.

We've sucks for over a decade, yea it's sad. I guess you can either understand the idea of progress and having a positive season if we finish under .500 (again), or you can pound the table like a child and go "under .500 bad!"

Yea, no shit, we all went an above .500 team and one that competes. But we also ain't getting to .500 this year so if that's the baseline I'd suggest not watching.

That thought process is exactly why the jets are where they are and change leadership every few years.

#227 JackBower, Sep 17, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
  8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If the bolded is true, then there must have been a previous GM-coach pair that we should have given more time to. Which one was it?

9. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I'd be happy with fucking 6-7 wins lmao. Progress

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

it makes sense, it’s called being a realist. I know it’s lacking on this board and at Florham Park, where it’s “positive vibes only” but 8 wins is a losing season.

A losing season is a failure. The fact that I don’t even see that happening is just being real with how bad they are.

earlier in the off-season Braxton Berrios said the same thing I’m saying. But that was pre-“positive vibes only”,and I’m called a troll now

Ralebird likes this.
  11. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Touche. I thought rex got ran out of town, but that's really as close as you can get. Felt like it was a case of grass is greener on the other side, oh how wrong that's been.

#231 JackBower, Sep 17, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    HomeoftheJets likes this.
  12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I believe the point is that some people refuse to look at the subject objectively. No sane person is expecting this team to win any titles but to claim that achieving a losing record is not failing in the NFL is ridiculous. Now, whether eight wins would represent progress for the Jets is a totally different topic but it's something that virtually all of us would look forward to, particularly with the emergence of a few key players to a higher level of competence, maybe even a path to greatness.

13. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

the Jets are where they are because they hire shitty GM’s, shitty coaches, and draft shitty players. It’s not the thought process, it’s the fact we have no people capable of thought.

Jets69 likes this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The only pair I think may have deserved another chance was Rex and Tanny. Based on how Rex did in Buffalo and Tanny did in Miami though, I doubt it would have worked. Everything since has just been one failure after another. Maybe Bowles wasn't a bad coach either, we'll see how he does in Tampa with Brady and then without Brady after he retires.

Regardless, I don't think the Jets problem has been that they're too quick to pull the trigger. It's that they aren't quick enough, and when they finally do it, it's usually half-assed, literally (i.e. firing the coach but not the GM or vice versa).

15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

8-8-Tie

Not a losing season

bicketybam and ouchy like this.
  16. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I really like Saleh personally. He seems like a sincerely, genuinely good guy. I'm rooting for him to start growing into the job quickly. Unfortunately, as of now, the evidence points to him possibly being in over his head.

ouchy likes this.
  17. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Patience grasshoppers. The D looked good against the Ravens.

The jury is out on Zach. It appears the o line plans have failed for this season. Other O pieces appear to be in place.

For me the following would be a successful season:

1. D proves to be solid
    2. Zach comes back, improves, and shows that he can stay healthy.
    3. The O pieces outside of the line play well.
    4. The O line somehow becomes close to serviceable.
    5. At least six wins.

these are reasonable bars to meet. If the bars aren’t met, questions about the coach will need to be asked.

If the above can be accomplished, the off season becomes about the O line, and if that can be solved, we would be positioned to start winning. Absolutely cannot have Becton be part of any o line strategy. If he heals great, if not write him off. Can’t waste another year waiting on him.

Jets79 and ouchy like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

8-9 would be the record. There are 17 games now

19. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

Thinking back to Parcells first game as head coach.

We were coming off 1-15 season. Opening game on road against a good Seahawks team. That dome was always a house of horrors for us.

We smoked them with last season's 1-15 team save a few additions.

I remember speaking to my fellow Jet fans about how unbelievable it felt to have a well coached team prepared to play and an advantage on the coaching side.

Can we have 1 game with our current coaching staff where they look like they know what they are doing? Is that too much to ask?

Jets79, ouchy and HomeoftheJets like this.
  20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

All of us are looking forward to failure?