Schefter: Zach Wilson with Bone Bruise & Meniscus Tear (out 2-4 weeks)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Aug 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Ralebird, people get angry around here when you are a realist and not all sunshine and roses...

BrowningNagle and Ralebird like this.
  2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Or Mond, who was waived a year later. And then what? What's the plan to get elite QB? People, like @REVISion have shown again and again there is overwhelming likelihood you need a star QB to win SB. The way Browns got Deshaun is extremely rare and really unprecedented. Heck, even if we did not draft Zach, there was only a small chance we get Deshaun, since he had so many suitors. And before the draft if you recall Jets had the highest odds of getting Deshaun because we had #2 pick. Unfortunately Deshaun was accused of receiving illegal hand relief and JD went with the highest % play possible to get FQB with the high pick in QB rich draft.

Yes, there was more chance it wouldn't work out than it would, but this was the highest % play. He had to give it a shot fully knowing he will likely lose. That's just the name of the game. And the game is not over yet - Zach will be back in two weeks, and we should have the answer by the end of year.

REVISion and FJF like this.
  3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Or when people make asinine takes.

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Brady didn't get paid as a top QB was the main point for removing him in this conversation.

You said you need a top QB, you pay Mahomes 1bn how many more is he going to win when the team around him gets worse in quality.

If you have a QB that is a notch down then you have a stronger team.

That is the argument that is trying to be made against your scenario.

Wilson, a top QB, paid, no more rings.

Rodgers, a top QB, paid, no more rings.

Brady, cheap (in context) = lots of rings.

KingRoach likes this.
  5. Sid Youngelman

Sid Youngelman Active Member

What nobody seems to be thinking about, while everyone waits for Zack to return, is that he's going to get injured again this season. He's too small and fragile to stay on the field. This is going to be an ongoing problem. Who thinks that once Zack returns in a couple of weeks that he's actually going to be on the field the rest of the year.??? Not happening. We need to get a better back up QB fast!

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  6. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Watch out Sid! They are going to come for you with pitchforks.

7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

If we would have drafted Mond over Mills it still would have been far cheaper, assuming we traded the 2nd pick to the eagles, and our team would be a lot more talented. One interesting note. Mond never got a fair chance in Minn, and was snatched off waivers immediately by...the Cleveland Browns. If Brisset goes down on Sunday we may get to see Mond first hand, if he is outperforming Dobbs. This would be a good thing for us since it would be his first real NFL action.

8. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Correct. I don’t understand why people do not understand this simple science. Build a better team. The last time Jets ever sniffed the SB was because we had the best defense and Oline in recent memory.

Flacco has a SB because he played with Ray Lewis-led D, not because he was a good QB.

NFL is ultimate team sport. Team first, not some shiny QB.

Even Josh Allen developed fully under a elite Bills D along the way. The Jets hadn’t built enough of a good team to take a QB. QB comes last. Look at the Bills, Chiefs, Tampa with Brady.

Acad23, ouchy and Br4d like this.
  9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Fresh young QB is shiny, so shiny, market, market, market...

10. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

So the part I want to forget about is the part I mention in the first sentence in my post?

You say the final straw was the bad pass? Almost like that’s the point that soured him…. But when @dawinner127 said that you felt the need to correct him.

Times like this, I wish I was still allowed to call you *out

*Edited to comply with moderators warning

#910 KingRoach, Sep 17, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    dawinner127 and bicketybam like this.
  11. KingRoach

I literally have -we are entitled to our own opinions we are not entitled to our own facts- as my signature.

Are you really surprised it’s an issue when people pass off their opinions as fact?

Noam likes this.
  12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Agreed. Lets look at the recent SB winners:

Rams - brought QB onto already built team.
    Bucs - brought QB onto already built team.
    Chiefs - drafted QB onto already built team.
    Pats - Brady on already built team.
    Eagles - mediocre QB on built team.
    Pats - Brady on already built team.
    Broncos - brought QB onto already built team.
    Seahawks - drafted QB onto already built team.
    Ravens - drafted QB onto already built team.
    Giants - drafted QB onto already built team.
    Packers - drafted QB onto already built team.
    Steelers - drafted QB onto already built team.

There are no champs who drafted their QB and then built the team around him. Its a foolish outdated philosophy from the pre FA days. If your rebuilding you never give up prime resources to start with a QB. Its too hard to develop a QB on a crummy team and its too hard to build a good team without prime resources.

#912 ouchy, Sep 17, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    BrooklynJetsFan and Br4d like this.
  13. KingRoach

Many people understand the simple science. In fact when Ron Rivera took over in Washington he said their plan was to build the team 1st and get their QB after. We’ll see this year if Chase Young + Carson Wentz was a better move than Justin Herbert.

14. KingRoach

The numbers were on your side so I’m not sure why you think a team who drafted a QB in the top 5 ala Eagles and Giants would be considered “already built”

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Were those teams really already built, or did acquiring the QB make them look like they had been already built?

Borat likes this.
  16. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

You can. Please do!

dawinner127 and KingRoach like this.
  17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Is a fucking idiot better or worse than a box of rocks?

bicketybam likes this.
  18. KingRoach

The Buccs were already built, they just added an all pro qb… and an all pro wr…. and an all pro OT…..and an all pro TE and a former top 10 RB….

Noam, FJF and HomeoftheJets like this.
  19. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Great question. I agree. A QB goes a long way in highlighting the previous potential of players.

I like to always think about the Peyton lead Colts teams. Dwight Freeny and Robert Mathis lead defenses. Were they good or were they able to play in a way to highlighted their skills? Complimentary football is a real thing and we need to continue to aquire talent.

Get Jimmy G next year and continue to load up elsewhere to continue the rebuild. Will JG unlock every players true potential ? No I don't think so. But he allows this team to get better, play better and learn to win

20. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Huh? Flacco had an exceptional year and post season run in their win in SB in 2012/2013 run. Yeah defense was good but defense gave up a lot of points in several post season games. Flacco carried the Ravens in two big wins in posts, I think the double OT win over broncos and a high scoring affair vs the 49 ers in the SB. Give Flacco credit when it’s due.

azhar80 and Noam like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.