Mike Francesa is ‘hearing rumblings’ Woody Johnson may sell Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by REVISion, Sep 14, 2022.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Have you seen the people :eek::eek::eek::eek: NY would only have one team inside 3 years :(

bicketybam likes this.
  2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

This x10000. Why would Johnson sell his cash cow? Because the fans don't like him?

And for the 100th time, he has nothing to do with J&J.

Ralebird and apjbfc like this.
  3. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I know--they deprive us so much for months that Thurs, Sun, Mon doesn't sate our appetite.

While on this subject just wondering, who else besides me would rather the clock stay stopped on out-of-bounds plays? More snaps-per-game means more football--what's the issue?

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Would make games longer? Just my two cents.

REVISion likes this.
  5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

but JandJ gave him the wealth hence the reason people still refer to it it in posts.

KingRoach likes this.
  6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I think he was just banned from his thread in the bs forum. But haven’t seen him since that

7. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Woody the man who hangs around the team like a fanboy would sell one of the most valuable franchises in the NFL when he's already a billionaire?

If he was MIA I might get it, but no matter what people say, I think he enjoys his position as owner of this torrid franchise.

I'd love to know anyone that sells franchises in any sport of this value just because.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

8. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Francesa trying to keep his name out there. Anyone can say this and in two years no one remembers.

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Not sure about Vinny....our new stadium gonna cost at least $6 billions!

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Woody is 75. The Jets aren't any closer to winning a championship now than they were when he took over, actually worse off. So no reason to hang onto the Jets for that reason. Maybe he does want to just cash in before he declines.

(declines physically I mean, mentally hes been a lost cause for decades)

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

And my favorite "Remembering Francesca" story goes back 25 years when he absolutely berated a caller to "Mike and the Mad Dog;" calling him ignorant, stupid and whatever else came to mind for suggesting that Parcells should come to the Jets. This was at a time when Francesca was supposedly best buddies with the Tuna and the big Giants fan said that Parcells would never work for such an inept, miserable, low-class team like the Jets.

You got it - the Jets hired Parcells in less than a week.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

14. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Possibly because of the enticement that the new owner has a window coming up very shortly to bail on MetLife and the Giants and go build an exclusive dream stadium somewhere else. If Woody doesn’t sell, AND doesn’t use that window, we’re stuck here a long time and that may actually make it harder to sell down the line, or at least depreciate the value. I’m assuming Woody doesn’t have the means to get us out himself.

15. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

As much as people hate Woody, he tried like hell to get the Jets their own stadium but was thwarted by Dolan and the Manhattan real estate moguls. If anything the window coming up will entice him to retain ownership and then you can keep that sterile air conditioner to you and the rest of your fellow Giants fans

16. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

If memory serves correct the horrible Rep. Sheldon Silver put a stop to it. (Not saying moguls and Dolan weren’t behind the scenes)

bicketybam likes this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

From what I remember, Woody had other location choices for his new stadium but insisted on the WSS. His stubbornness landed us in the big AC. He had Yonkers Raceway & Rockaway to choose from but no, Woody the Brat had to have his stadium on some of the most expensive real estate in the world. He went up against NY Pols and lost mainly because he didn't really know how to fight and win that battle. Evidently neither did his lawyers. So now he wants to sell the team? Take a page from the Mets and get Bezos on speed dial.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

One of the big factors here is the way the NFL treats owners who are unsuccessful.

It has to really suck walking into the NFL meetings with everybody in the room looking at you like you're getting off the shortbus.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  19. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Agreed, but 10 straight seasons of pitiful football has certainly cost him income revenue. He may not be able to afford it. I’m not saying he is actually selling, I’m just saying if he’s thinking about it, that would be a huge selling point for him. We know what’s really gonna happen though, Woody is not selling AND he’ll be sure to renew his time in the air conditioner for another 30 years

20. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Bingo!

I listen to his new Mike Francesa Pod, and he was interviewing Mike Tannabaum. Smart move to throw out that tiny gem to get some folks worked up. I'm not buying it at all.

Ralebird, bicketybam and Hemi like this.