Have you lost faith in Robert Saleh as a Head Coach?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Sep 14, 2022.

?

Have you lost faith in Robert Saleh as a Head Coach?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    63.2%
  1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Firing a 2nd year head coach 8 games into his second season is an asinine thing to even consider, especially when 2 to 4 of those games will be without their starting QB.

If the team makes no progress and continues to get blown out this season, I'd say his seat is very hot. If I had to rank how hot his seat is on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being high, I'd say its like a solid 3 right now.

2. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

My bad, I meant CS not team. But let me as you a question - when BLTt made 1/2 adjustments - 1) was this 0-1 team better or worse in the second half and 2) did they look any better then last years version (and I;ll give you the games they played well in).

3. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

It’s still a bit early, but let’s hope things start to change.

4. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I voted "no" only because I never had faith in him in the first place. Not that I expected him to fail, but it doesn't seem reasonable to me to have had any expectation, one way or the other, about a guy who has never been a head coach before. I was hopeful that the success of the 49rs while he was there, and the fact that he was bringing over quite a few coaches from that winning team would translate into success here, but obviously that hasn't happened (yet). Given the injury situation I'm not ready to write him off as a failure just yet, but the rest of this season will be very important for him (and Wilson) to show that they have what it takes to be winners.

5. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

He gets the 17 games from me this year to evaluate the team.

- D started good
    - punter and kicker bad (also falls on JD)
    - back up qbs are bad

Overall we sucked on O and this season all boils down to Zach and his 12-14 game season. I also need to see a more aggressive and creative offense, which we have seen sparks from last year with booth. We have the talent.

Week 1 Vs the ravens with us starting Joe Flacco and it makes me feel sick that happened..

However, imagine if we threw 5 ints like burrow did eh. It's week 1 of a tough schedule. Let's get the 17 games done and evaluate the body of work and much needed progress.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

cval and FJF like this.
  6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I put more importance on the lines.
    backup qbs are bad?

7. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Question 1: huh?
    Question 2: yes

8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Crazy talk "Fire Everyone"

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

but how hot is Joe Douglas’ seat? He’s 6-28 right now in last 34 games

if Douglas seat is hot, and it should be, Saleh could and should go out the door with him

10. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Id say the same as Saleh’s right now. Maybe slightly higher.

If this team doesn’t improve and continues to be non-competitive, both JD and Saleh should be fired.

SOJAZ and BrowningNagle like this.
  11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

We’ll it’s interesting….with the fans it seems like half or so think they are both on the hot seat, but I don’t get that sense from the owners nor from the media. Not to say fans don’t see shit coming faster …heck we were all calling for Idzik and Mac and Gase way ahead of when they got canned, and rightfully so.

but I get the sense that Woody is not at the same point we as fans may be…at least not yet. That may be because he’s more privy to the actual plan, because maybe JD and Saleh shared timelines with him and we are on pace with those timelines, or maybe just because Woody is Woody. Who knows.

I like a lot of what JD has done and after the parade of clowns we’ve had as GM he’s WAY better, but that is an admittedly low bar. Objectively, I feel like the quality of the overall roster has improved, as evidenced by a bunch of our cuts being picked up by other teams. I’m not sure our frontline starters have improved as much though, and I’m super concerned and pissed off that our OL still “needs time to gel” after three years on the job. That’s a problem, and I’m not letting him off the hook with injuries to two starting tackles…that’s his own fault for relying on injury prone Becton who’s missed more games than he’s played and replacing him with a last minute 37 year old…there were WAY better options to address OL, so no pass from me. The other issue to me is I’m in no way sold on Zach…he was BAD last year, and while there are valid reasons that contributed to that, I saw too many bad throws and plays outside of scrubs around him…so while I’m like 50/50 on Zach panning out, I’m willing to let this year play out before making a call on Zach.

as to Saleh, the blush is quickly coming off the rose. I see no ingenious game planning on either side of the ball, I see a lot of hype while the scores continue to show we are being blown out, and I see a guy snapping in a response when he’s got absolutely ZERO cred to back it up. Just shut up and don’t get blown out! Until you start preparing better, just shut up. I’m less sure of him making it than of JD, but I AM willing to see how the year plays out because I do believe we will get better. If we end up the year on an upswing with progress on both sides of the ball then I’ll give him the credit and we keep it rolling. But if we continue to see games like last week where we get a garbage time score to make it look better than it was then I don’t want a year three.

12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

13. Mogglez

Mogglez New Member

Nah, not completely, but I will admit that last week was the first time some doubts started to creep in.

14. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I must be the only guy that thinks the Jets, given the circumstances, didn't play all that poorly. The defense was mostly great. Yeah they lost but does any team in the league have less of a home team advantage than the Jets due to their miserable, clueless fans?

15. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

What I a trying to say is that we were in the game in 1/2 half. baltimore made adjustments at the half... after that we were not competitive…we were down 24-3 until very late in the 4th quarter. So I just have to disagree with you. I realize they have 18 new guys, etc.etc. but that is what OTA, camp and PS is for... to get these guys ready to play and execute a full 60 minutes. This HC team play mostly 30 min games....

I am looking for consistency in coaching and player execution you know like most of the other teams are able to do...

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Nobody should be fired until the end of the season. But if we're picking in the top 5 again, everybody from the front office on down should be fired.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  17. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

What adjustments do you see Baltimore making at halftime?

What adjustments do you witsh the Jets made at halftime?

Edit: the first highlighted part appears to contradict the second highlighted part.

I was also disappointed the 18 new players aren’t fully acclimated to the NFL after 1 half of a game but I think my expectations are a bit more realistic.

You asked me originally why I think it’s different this time. I mentioned in another post that in Jets teams in the past, I didn’t understand or agree with the GMs decisions but I’d try and justify and assume they knew something I didn’t. With this GM, I’ve agreed and understood every decision JD has made. This is why I think we’re on the right track; because it’s the same path I’d go.

Just like most of us knew it would be a rough starting 4 games this season, most of us knew JD has been planning for the 2023 Jets to be a winning team. I’ve seen nothing to think that plan isn’t obtainable.

Do I like every move Saleh and MiLF made on Sunday? No. I like Cager but starting a pass catching TE on a wet field imo wasn’t the right move. Was it fireable? No.

#57 KingRoach, Sep 16, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  18. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure he's aware of the obvious?

Saleh never mentions anything about what has always plagued the Jets and that's disheartening