Have you lost faith in Robert Saleh as a Head Coach?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Sep 14, 2022.

?

Have you lost faith in Robert Saleh as a Head Coach?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    63.2%
  1. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Maybe I’m just different, maybe I’ve been through this rodeo more times. I don’t lose faith, faith needs to be earned in the first place. Saleh is a rookie coach with a rookie staff playing for a rookie GM. I have no faith in any of them or any player they add to the team until they and said players start earning faith in them. None of them, coaches, GM, players, none of them have earned a shred of faith yet. Even worse is this bumbling idiot of a HC keeps talking as if he deserved faith when he walked through the door. He’ll be gone, just like every other time. Bill Parcells is the only HC ever to take on the NY media and survive. Saleh ain’t Bill Parcells that’s for damn sure.

Cman68, Nyjets4eva and SOJAZ like this.
  2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Jets fans when schedule was released: Tough opening 4 weeks! We’ll be lucky to get 1 win

Jets fans 1 game into season: Fire everyone

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

If this was a same ol tenure then just like the previous 8 coaches I'd say yes,
    But this is a long term philosophy building tenure...turnover of coaches isn't the answer.

Now, doing this w/a Rookie HC....Welp, it's long term and this is more a Mike Tomlin situation so buckle in
    the beginning of the climb always feels bumpier...

4. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

what climb? We’ve been nose diving the entire time. Just imagine if Zach Wilson continues looking as bad as he has thus far. Hell we won’t be nosediving anymore, we’ll be upside down inverted plummeting to the earth. Sauce will be “Jamal Adam’s-ing” his way into a trade in a couple years trying to get out of this shithole while we’re searching for another QB and another coach, hopefully another rookie defensive coach to lead him to another round of ineptitude because frankly the only entertainment this team has given us in a decade is ineptitude.

SOJAZ, Jojo and Royal Tee like this.
  5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

This time is allegedly different ...."allegedly"

[​IMG]

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Next time, please select the option to show who voted what. Let me know if you need help.

My answer is Yes. I am done. He took my name. Ready to eat crow if he turns to be good but I am done.

7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

8. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

again…I don’t think the issue is so much that we lost…it’s that we were BLOWN OUT yet again. It’s HOW we lost.

we were not competitive. We were down 24-3 with minutes left in the game.

THAT’S the issue, that’s why so many of us are fed up.

because it’s the same shift we’ve been watching for ten years now…

Jojo, REVISion and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Just curious, I whats your take on this 4-14 team that makes you believe - not think but beieve - this HC/CS is capable? Maybe I am jaded, but I am trying to figure out what the culture is... care to comment?

10. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

“we’ve never been through a rebuild like this before”.

11. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

This team is 0-1. Believing they are 4-14 might be your first problem.

12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Until this franchise figures out how to score some fucking points it’ll be hopeless.

REVISion, Jojo and Royal Tee like this.
  13. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Like one poster said you have to already had faith in him to lose any. He just needs to coach and be better. This isn’t it

Ralebird likes this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"When you ain't got nothing, you got nothing to lose..." - more Dylan

15. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Never lose faith in Caesar Saleh

16. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I think the poll needs a third option for “undecided”

Saleh still has 16 games to prove he’s the guy. The defense was really good on Sunday. First team to hold Lamar to under 20 rush yards and no rush TDs AND limit Andrews to less than 60 yards and a touchdown. Excited to see the D on Sunday.

The offense will be better with Zach, just remains to be seen by how much.

The Jets were competitive defensively against Baltimore. It’s extremely difficult to be competitive offensively when Joe Flacco is your QB.

17. NYsportsfan1962

As a fan the most important thing we see is their record and as Parcells would say you are what your record says. My biggest concerns are the mistakes and unpreparedness we show in some games and that's on the coach. Just not sure Saleh, who's classified as a players coach, is tough enough with his players. We don't need Mister Rogers leading this team. He coddled Becton and he showed up out of shape and things like when Quincy Williams illegally hit Hurts in preseason he should have been on the bench a while. I think you can be a player friendly coach and still be tough when you need to be. Parcells would always rib players in private or even in the press if they weren't doing their job. They knew how Parcells felt and knew they were gone if they didn't perform. If an NFL player can't play under a little pressure then maybe there's another line of work to be looked at.

With that said, I will give him to the end of this season to evaluate with the hope his style and drive can turn this tanker around. Been hoping for 53 years since that day in January.

Jojo, ouchy and REVISion like this.
  18. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Would you give him that long If no progression is seen over the next half of those and we still make bad choices? Then give him the other 8? I think not

19. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, this season began exactly the way last season did: With our defense looking decent and our offense non-existent. So my patience and timeline of losing faith in Saleh is very short. He talked a lot about how they need to get better and how they're going to prove all the naysayers wrong this week, so he knows something needs to be done. If they can't improve in the next two weeks, I'm going to have to conclude that the coaching staff just doesn't have what it takes to back up their promises.

I remember a very disheartening thing that a former supervisor told me before I was fired from that job: "The problem is not that you're not trying. The problem is that you ARE trying! Laziness and bad attitudes can be corrected. Incompetence cannot." Sadly, sometimes people just don't have what it takes, and no amount of effort is going to improve their performance to where it needs to be. I hope this was just the first game and things will turn around, but the fact that it was pretty much exactly what we saw last year makes me worry.

Jojo likes this.
  20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Not yet - like all coaches he gets too much stick when the team plays badly - you can only do so much with the talent the Jets are able to put on the field at the moment - that said it certainly doesn't feel as though we have some kind of tactical genius on the side lines - he needs help in that area and to focus on the motivation aspects

the main problem with the Jets is we don't have a great QB on the roster - and that has been true ever since I started to support the Jets 37 years ago - a great QB makes everything look a whole lot better (and while you can coach a player up to a degree really good QBs seem to get it quickly and just maintain that level - we have just never had the fortune to draft such a player or the ability to trade for one)