Power ranking - Guess where we are?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SOJAZ, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

I remember hearing that after Kotite went 3-13!!!

Cman68 likes this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

PVO man... PVO

3. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Ineptness from the top down. Franchises like the Steelers, 49ers, Ravens, and the Patriots have consistently been at the top. Even when they’ve had bad years, they find a way to bounce back. This franchise has had clueless ownership since their inception.

we’re the fools for the emotional pull we have to the franchise. I’ve stopped spending money on merch and will continue to do so until they become relevant again. Disgusting

Jojo likes this.
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I thought the defense wasn't all that bad, considering. Lamar was held in check a lot of that game because of the mobility of the LBs and DL, but when there is no offense on the other side of the field, it almost felt like the Ravens won by attrition. The score was very lopsided, but I didn't think the Ravens had that much better an overall talent level than the Jets.

The Jets could not protect the QB, did not have a QB under center that could play even passable well under pressure, and their defense is still relatively young and got picked apart eventually.

It's hard to envision a winning game if Flacco stays under center though.

Cman68, stinkyB, Brook! and 2 others like this.
  5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Too soon.

6. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I don't think winning is a goal at all with Flacco under center-- I think he's there because he will read the defense correctly and make the correct calls in the eyes of the coaching staff. That's how you get the rest of the offense in sync, particularly the new and/or young guys. You can see how bad they are right now, they need all the help they can get.

With White in there or Streveler, the offense might actually be more effective the next few games than with Flacco, just because there would be a lot more chaos and broken plays-- but that doesn't set Wilson up for success when he comes back nearly as well as Flacco doing things poorly, but by the book.

Cman68, stinkyB, REVISion and 6 others like this.
  7. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

The funny/sad part is the guy who got picked apart was the oldest vet in the secondary.

Flacco is definitely in for another tough game playing 2 of the most talented secondaries 2 weeks in a row…. And I’m very interested to see how our D does against Chubb, Hunt, and that beast of an OL.

abyzmul likes this.
  8. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Agree with the rest of your post.

Baltimore has debatably the best secondary in the league so I’m not ready to say they’re bad. The Browns would also be in that debate so I won’t be ready next week either lol

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Special teams needs to get up off their ass and start pulling their weight though. Brant Boyer hasn't looked like a boy genius in a while.

KingRoach likes this.
  10. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

and even when they do have bad years, they’re typically like 7-9 or 8-8…can’t remember the last time any of those teams were like 2-14

REVISion likes this.