Did the Jets meet your week one expectations?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bicketybam, Sep 13, 2022.

?

Did below Jets units meet your expectation?

1. Offense - Yes

32.3%
  2. Offense -No

64.5%
  3. Defense - Yes

71.0%
  4. Defense -No

22.6%
  5. Special Teams -Yes

12.9%
  6. Special Teams - No

74.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

It was a competitive game until the 4th quarter. With Flacco playing, we hardly have a chance to win.

The defense played great, until they got gassed because of our pathetic offense. Not sure about the kicker. Max Mitchell played better than anyone imagined.

The game was definitely not a blowout. Give credit to our defense. What’s the over/under on Flacco finishing the Browns game?

2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

What are your expectations for the defense if you weren't happy with their defensive performance? 10 points at half despite the offense doing nothing. 24 points for the total game, despite doing the offense doing nothing.

@Cman65 @ukjetsfan @TheCleaner @Jets-N-Terps

Personally, I thought the defense was pretty good outside of the Lamarcus Joyner and Bryce Hall. The front 7 did a good job stopping the run and Sauce + DJ Reed were fantastic. It's tough to generate sacks against such a great runner at QB because you can't really attack upfield. I think the DL is going to put up much better numbers against Cleveland and Jacoby Brissett.

cval likes this.
  3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

We had a 5 minute time of possession advantage so the defense wasn't gassed.

4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Sometimes you have to judge your team by how they played and not the final score.

5. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Yea, not right now.

I think I'm fairly reasonable with the Jets despite the sucking. 35, 45, 55 minutes of close football isn't what I'm interested in. They can lose, but I have no interest of looking at a loss that's 30-10 and thinking "man, it was so much closer than the score!"

They can also get their ass kicked but maybe get a garbage TD or 2 and lose by 7 points or less. I'll take it. I want the final scores to be close. That's my only ask.

6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

All I'm saying is that they played a lot better than last year when they played good teams with the exception of TB.

#26 bicketybam, Sep 13, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    JackBower likes this.
  7. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t necessarily call it a blow out, but I can say there wasn’t ever a point in this game that I thought “hey we might win this thing”: For me the L was never really in doubt.
    Certainly mid way through the third when we went down 17-3, you knew the game was over.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Flacco sucks but he played the Jets to three straight one score losses in his last three starts in 2021 and 2020. I’m not sure why we just expected to get our dick kicked in. I actually expected him to move the ball and we’d settle for field goals.

We crossed the 50 twice in our first nine possessions and didn’t enter the red zone.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I sorta expected Sleepy Joe to display a little moxie when facing his old team.

At least the Ravens returned the favor by giving Flacko a 6 point gift at the last minute mark.

10. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Game was over in the 3rd quarter. That’s a blowout.