For the JD critics.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Sep 3, 2022.

1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I disagree, Idzik was worse. He's the beginning of this disaster. Well, maybe you can argue Mike T just giving his own GM tenure a life span with how he did things.

JD has brought people in, draft or FA, better than Idzik ever did. He was only here 2 years so I can see why people think McCagnan was worse, or JD I guess. who cares if youre a cap wiz if you do absolutely nothing with it?

Jets79 likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Idzik also had 15 months. Douglas is running on four years. They used the same strategy and both tanked their first drafts.

3. JackBower

I guess he also was the first GM after the most success this team saw in decades, so he had that going against him. But it was just an absolute collapse from grace.

cval likes this.
  4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

One frustrating thing for (among others) is that we actually had a decent kicker on the roster last year. Pineiro made every single kick for the Jets in actual games. The we bring in Zeurline to compete with him, think he is better, and lose Pineiro. Zeurline goes 1 for 3 on this kicks in the opener for us, while Pineiro 4-4 for the Panthers who picked him up. It's like we find a way shoot ourselves in the the foot somehow. We already had a solid kicker on the roster, and we end up with shit anyway by giving him away. How many years does it take to get a competent kicker?

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I'll pay the extra money to bronze the entire original title.

JetBlue likes this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Idzik brought in Ivory, Decker, Richardson, and Enunwa. Those four had more success with the Jets than any of Douglas's acquisitions have so far. And Idzik never had the second overall pick in a quarterback-rich class; Geno actually was the best QB in the 2013 draft, and the best QBs he passed on the next year were Carr and Garoppolo. I'm not defending Idzik; he was a bad GM, and the Jets were right to fire him. But seriously, Douglas has been a disaster; he's had three offseasons, and this looks like the worst team in the NFL.

#246 HomeoftheJets, Sep 11, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Is there any value whatsoever in debating which Jets GM is or was worse than the others?

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

No but there are still people here who think despite all the real-world evidence staring them in the face that Douglas is a good GM. And that's what these debates are really about.

James Hasty and Jets69 like this.
  9. JackBower

Chris Ivory - MC had more yards and TDs then Ivory's first season with the Jets.

Decker - yea he was solid

Richardson - he had a great first year, then was apart of tanking another with Marshall. He's bounced around the league a few years after us.

Enunwa - he took 3 years to develop into a new position, then unfortunately had a career ending injury. G Wilson already has more production than his first year.

Passed on Derek Carr? He's pretty damn good.

You're assuming the players JD drafted will be worse when almost all are trending to be better after the same amount of years.

Idzik was not a better GM, and his best moves weren't but panning out, minus decker, after the same amount of time.

#249 JackBower, Sep 12, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
  10. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Right now we are between the worst 29-32 teams in the league. We had a 7-win team when we brought JD in . He has spent a lot on free agents and had multiple high draft picks. The talent we have now is our building blocks for the near future. We are not controlling any drafts in the future unless we go 2-15 which is an option but that means we really missed under JD We have to win against Cleveland next week

NYJetsO12 and BrowningNagle like this.
  11. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Of course. We've had multiple of them now so can construct our own Power Rankings.

ouchy likes this.
  12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Are people really getting nostalgic for JOHN FRIGGIN IDZIK here.... HO LEE FUK

13. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

If we succeed in the draft the odds of us succeeding on the field go up dramatically. To try to pretend it's about not caring about winning is stupidity. You're just all butt hurt that you didn't come up with the thread yourself.

cval likes this.
  14. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

WI TU LO

stinkyB likes this.
  15. JackBower

Way to keep up with the conversation in your own thread.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The current course is losing. Nothing is more pathetic than championing that losing course and trying to gaslight that it’s actually the course to success. You stay the course when there is actual progress that indicates an upward trajectory of success, you don’t stay the course for simply staying the course sake. Congrats, you’ve been promoted to Jets fan HOF social media director. You are a true champion of the loser cause.

Ralebird and HomeoftheJets like this.
  17. JetBlue

At their level of ineptitude it’s really hard to discern who was worse. Idzik’s only competence was the cap, though you could argue anyone could simply stop paying players to clear future cap space. But he clearly had no business making any player decision. Dee Milliner was not only an awful pick on its merit but also the fact that he was going to immediately be compared to Revis which was a no-win situation you should never create for a rookie.

Mac was equally pathetic at talent evaluation; the difference between them that he was in spend mode not save mode.

Idzik screwed present talent but helped future cap. Mac screwed present talent and future cap. Mac was worse simply because Idzik wasn’t given the opportunity to spend the cap space he made poorly.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

This is the first game of the second season with a back-p QB. Congrats you have been promoted to the most ignorant Jets fan.

19. JetBlue

Interesting concept; remind me who traded for said backup QB believing said backup QB gave them the best chance of success in the event the starting QB he drafted couldn’t go? Who was that again?

not knowing the difference between simply losing, which every team minus two teams in ten history of the NFL do every year, and not being competitive in conjunction with continued losing isn’t event ignorance; such simplification of the two different scenarios reflects lack of ability to think critical and grasp complex scenarios. That description may be too complex so I’ll simplify it — stupidity.

20. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

I am keeping up with the conversation. It IS my thread?! WTF are you talking about I was responding to the people you're debating. Is there any doubt from the opening post where I stand?????

NYJetsO12 likes this.