How?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFOREVER, Sep 11, 2022.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Joe Flacco dropped back to pass over 60 times in a rainstorm

not sure why were hating on Mims though, he was inactive, let’s hate on the guys who thought the above scenario was a good idea

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. burf

burf Well-Known Member

That's if you trust the coaches' ability to evaluate talent? Me... I don't.
    I've seen enough since they were hired, that they've made some questionable choices. Just Joyner, & letting Pinnock go. One sucks, he's kept, & the one they let go showed some promise. Mims' first season he showed some promise, despite it being the covid year. Last season, he had health issues, then they trashed him. Any good coaches would've worked him into the offense, this off-season, if only to make a serious evaluation of his
    worth to the team. But they didn't. Instead they trashed him again. I have no idea how good, or bad Mims is, because he wasn't given any opportunities by this coaching staff. <----period... And that demonstrates to me a stupid coaching staff... if only because THEY lowered his trade value.

3. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

I am really frustrated, but I haven't lost all faith in this new regime. It simply is not fair to blame all our decade-long failures on a coaching regime in its second year. We were kidding ourselves...no fans on a sub-.500 team who loses their starting qb in the pre-season should be super surprised we lose to a playoff-bound team with a healthy all-pro quality QB due to poor offensive play. The gap in QB play was just too great to overcome. I did like seeing our rookies look legit and our defense played better than the score indicates. The gap in QB play should not be there in CLE...I think.

cval and LAJet like this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Nice thoughts. I think there is hope but it’s frustrating the amount of mistakes

cval likes this.
  5. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

yeah, that really pissed me the F off. Shit on the guy who was clearly busting his ass out there..

papapump, Ralebird and LAJet like this.
  6. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Absolutely disgusted with the way LaMarcus Joyner played today, he was a literal kink in the armor that helped the Ravens score their last two TD's, absolutely stupid and unnecessary PI on a ball that looked overthrown and on top of that Sauce was already in the area, and then shitty miscommunication on that Bateman TD.

It's bad when you watch the replay, and literally see Sauce have to point to Joyner to go where he is assigned, crazy a rookie CB knows your assignment better than you.

Really hope it was just an "off" game for Joyner, because if what we saw today was any indication of what we are going to get out of him for the rest of the season, then we are screwed.

7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The line did not break down every play. There were opportunities to take deep shots. Once it was clear the offensive play calling was going to be uber-conservative, the defense started leaning in.

8. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

They should start Jason Pinnock. He was apparently having a strong camp... OH WAIT. But thank goodness they kept Ashtyn Davis! Surely he's turned a corner this year!

Seriously though, they should sign Will Parks to the active roster and start playing him if Joyner doesn't start playing significantly better STAT. Not sure if Tony Adams is ready for defensive snaps

tomdeb and wewantsapp like this.
  9. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Our receivers never had anyone beat deep. Flacco was supposed to eat up the middle of the field with Davis and Moore. He couldn't find them and quick enough. He had zero urgency in his passing attack. The windows were there he just didn't throw it or was second-guessing or the POCKET Collapsed.

Ravens have a good defense btw.

cval likes this.
  10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Definitely agree with the middle and latter portion of your post.

Jets81 likes this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this. We had a hell of a chance yesterday. We blew it because of execution first and foremost. Fumbles, bad puts, missed kicks, not locating receivers quickly enough, dropping passes. While I think the CS needs to absorb some of the heat for it, the bulk of the problem was with players not executing to the plan. End of story. If they hold on to the ball and make the kicks we win the damned game.

#91 LAJet, Sep 12, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    MoWilkBeast and NYJetsO12 like this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Is this not Groundhog Day merged with Deja Vu All Over Again...lol. Mistakes every year my Friend!

Whatever positive Vibe you have LA sad to say please send it over to a member of the 50 plus and endlessly waiting Club haha

Let me say this , if the Team bounces back and has the passion to beat the Browns or at the very least has a competitive close game ...well then I will have a smither of hope (sigh..)

LAJet likes this.
  13. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I think it comes down to three key variables. We've been awful over the last twelve years because we've had poor general managers making terrible personnel decisions, mediocre to awful coaching, and most significantly, largely atrocious play from the league's most important position, quaterback.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The last time the Jets had an effective plan for winning was 2010. In 2011 the plan was shut down by a turnstile at RT who got the QB killed.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Maybe we can get Sam Darnold back. On a bum ankle, he’s probably a little bit faster than Flacco.

16. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

It feels to me like they've consistently bombed the team building aspect. I'm definitely a Douglas guy, but maybe thats because the prior GMs have all been trash.

Like I thought Maccagnan trading up for and selecting Darnold was a good call. I think if put in a better position, Darnold could have developed into a legitimate player. Maybe not a superstar, but a solid player. Maccagnan did a horrible job at building around Darnold and I thought really stunted his development after an encouraging first couple years. Maccagnan never seemed to fully understand high value position vs low value.

I think Douglas has put way more effort into developing Wilson. This is the best group of WR/RB/TE the Jets have had in some time (very low bar). He's tried to improve the OL, but the moves have certainly not worked out. Maybe with more time, the OL will get it together a bit. It was nice to see Mitchell play OK.

Having said all that, GMs are generally tied to their QBs, and Douglas may have drafted a bad one. Zach's got this year to show he belongs in the league or he's probably out. He's got a strong group of pass catchers, so I need to see some improvement.

Jets79 likes this.
  17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

One of the advantages of having an honest QB competition is that you discover pretty quickly who can play in the system you are running.

The Jets haven't had an honest QB competition in my lifetime as a fan. They always go into camp knowing who is going to win the competition and then that guy has to play his way out of the job or get hurt before the next guy gets a chance.

This means that Geno Smith has to get KO'd before Ryan Fitzpatrick can play. It means that Vinny Testaverde has to start the season as the QB and then fail before Chad Pennington gets on the field in his 3rd season as a Jet.

This strategy by the Jets - deciding who their QB is before camp starts - is directly related to the subpar QB play of the last decade.

IDFjet and tomdeb like this.
  18. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

and the one constant is moronic owners who have not a single clue on what to do or how to it. They tried Korn Ferry an executive recruiting firm with no football expertise to try and find a football leader. They then tried a committee of experts, which is actually a good idea, but then shit the bed again by selecting a has been goof like Charley Casserly to lead the committee so he hired his moronic friend Mac. It’s just a comedy of errors, and like others have said, I think it’s about time for the NFL to step in and save the fans and the team from their total and utter incompetence.

but yes, we’ve had the worst run of GMs, a bad run of coaches, and a disgustingly bad run of QBs

#98 Jets79, Sep 13, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    Will-I-Am-Not and tomdeb like this.
  19. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

And the owners COMPOUND bad decisions with MORE bad decisions! Often overlooked as one of the stupidest decisions made was Chris Johnson EXTENDING MacCagnan and Bowles contracts after the 2017 season. The jets had just finished 5-11 FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW. Johnson adds AND guarantees two more years on their contracts, after back to back seasons of losing more than 2 out of every three games. Then he finally fires Bowles after the very next season and then fires MacIdiot in the spring. Of course he has to eat those bad contract extensions for the next 2 years. What owner would EVER add and guarantee 2 more seasons on a GM and coaches contracts after back to back 5-11 seasons? :confused: Dumb shit!

REVISion and Jets79 like this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Woody Johnson is not Donald Sterling.
    Losing a bunch of football games is not a reason to take a team away from its owner.

Now... telling your coach to lose football games may be a good reason. ;)