Official Robert Saleh Thread for 2022 Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Sep 7, 2022.

1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I've heard him say that in so many words in multiple pressers. I was sort of tuning in when I listened to this one so if he didn't say it this time so be it

2. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

The Jets offense, particularly Flacco looks lost. Yes, the O-line was not great, but you have to recognize that and get rid of the ball quickly. Flacco held on to it way too long. The offense should have been very simple, get the ball into the hands of Carter, Hall, Berrios and Moore on short dump offs and let them make plays. I don't know what the hell Flacco was looking for when he dropped back. Also, can not believe we're going into another season with a questionable FG kicker, and now it seems we have a questionable punter as well. SOJ.

Kudos to the defense for giving the Ravens, i.e. Jackson, because he is basically their whole offense, a good run for their money. However, unless you score points, you're not going to hold down a great QB, and yes, he is great, for very long.

3. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

We said the same things 3-4 years ago. Just give them time. They need more experience. It's the same old thing over and over again.

I didn't delude myself into thinking that this was a playoff team this year. It was clear from the start that they weren't. I also wasn't expecting a huge increase in the number of wins from last year to this year. That might have been too much to ask. But I did expect this team to be competitive in all three phases of the game. The defense was the only unit that showed up. The Jets offense hasn't showed up to a game since 2010. The special teams have continued to be the disaster that they've been since about midway through Bowles' tenure.

I expected a base level of competency from all three phases with the obvious allowances for growing pains that we should expect from a team with a lot of contributing rookies. But that's not what we got today. We got another instance where this toilet bowl of a franchise shit the bed once again. They had a month to prepare for this game and they completely shit the bed. Unacceptable.

Jojo, Royal Tee, burf and 2 others like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, the lack of a sense of urgency, a lack of understanding that young players or not, young CS or not, injuries or not, the fans are NOT going to accept lousy results any more. That doesn't necessarily mean they have to have a winning record or make the playoffs, but as you noted, they can't produce a result like today despite having a month to prepare. It is unacceptable.

Maybe Douglas had a false timetable in is mind having demanded and received a 6 year contract, but while Woody gave him 6 years, we fans did not. Let's at least see some sense of urgency, of showing that they understand the stakes. The fans don't have any more patience, nor should they. Start proving that you know what you're doing or resign - from Woody on down.

Jojo likes this.
  5. Jetsin2029

Jetsin2029 Member

This is Saleh’s last season as HC of the SOJ. With OL and the QB play, I can’t see this team winning more than 3 or 4 games,

6. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Is it he can’t win more than 3 or 4 with them, or they can’t win 3 or 4 with him?

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Saleh just plain sucks. He’s all talk, a fraud. I can’t stand this guy already

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

We should’ve gone after Daboll. That took balls to go for 2. We haven’t had a coach with balls since Rex Ryan.

9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Step off the ledge people. This was game 1. The Jets did a lot of good things in this game . We did not get blown off the field.

The run defense was great, the LBS are arevthe weakness We thought and Sauce seems like the real deal. The interception, spanked punt and phantom PIT hurt the defense. The defense will be good.

The offense struggled as expected with a backup Qb and patch work o-line (they will get better).

Cleveland did not look great, Pitt lost Watt and their RB and Cincinnati Burrow threw 4 picks.

We clean up the mistake we will start to win these games.

Garrett Wilson is a stud and will get a lot more targets moving forward.

BradysTornACL and Noam like this.
  10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

11. BigAbruns

BigAbruns Member

As a disgruntled jets and uconn football fan, Saleh reminds me of nfls version on bob diaco. Diaco was supposedly a highly touted defensive coordinator from notre dame, won top assistant award and absolutely fooled uconns athletic director in his interview. He came into uconn saying all the right things sounded like a breath of fresh air from the previous coach and proceeded to turn into a disaster with all his weird analogies. He would claim the first 5 games of the season were like preseason games and by then it was too late. Saleh to me is exactly the same, came in as a highly touted DC,said all the right things, has a stupid motto, tricked the gm and owners with an impressive interview and just hasn't done it yet. Can he in time, maybe, but I haven't seen anything to get my hopes up.

Cman68, NYJ1970 and Since1969 like this.
  12. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Good post. I am not sure about the winning games part. I hope that is so. But, with a young team and with a team with 13 new starters we should expect a lot of mistakes as well as a lot of flashes. If your going to develop and play with a young team you have to live with those mistakes. At some point we will see more consistency from these young players. Who knows when that will be but we should expect to get see improvement all year, excitement and a lot of agonizing hair pulling mistakes.

The Browns should be a really good test for our DL and run defense. I saw Whitehead making a number of plays in the run game yesterday as well as Kwon. That DL just does not stop with 10 deep. Let's see how they do trying to contain Chubb and Hunt.

Overall yesterday's game had a lot of positives. we looked like we belonged on the field with the Raven's. But, until our OL and offense start playing better the odds of winning any of these games looks pretty bleak to me. Essentially the defense has to throw a shutout and be perfect.But a few less fumbles, drops and mistakes can turn failed drives into scores.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It was an honor just to take the field with the mighty Baltimore Ravens.

Losing by 15 points, what great progress has been made!

Cman68, Ralebird, 94Abraham and 2 others like this.
  14. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but statements like this frustrate the hell out of me. On what basis can you possibly say that the offensive line will get better? It was among the worst in the NFL last year, and marginal (if best) investment was made towards improvements.

If you seriously want people to step off the ledge, why don't you provide some evidence to help people do so, instead of the Saleh-inspired platitudes?

Ralebird likes this.
  15. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Truth is, it’s still too soon to tell on saleh. We just have no patience left, rightfully so. I want him to succeed, I’m not sold. Certainly not sold on jd, as anyone knows you build the lines to have success.

16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Because O-Line takes time to Gel. They were shuffling the lineup until last week. They will get better. They actually played better than I expected yesterday.

17. HackettSuxTNG

Again, I ask, where are the improvements from last year? The entire O-Line schema was based on Bechton being healthy. He is out for the season. His replacement is out indefinitely. Why should any reasonable Jets fan have any confidence that this line will "gel"?

18. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Tomlinson is a massive improvement over GVR or LDT.

However, the main point @cval was trying to make is that Fant got moved to LT on Wednesday and Mitchell got pushed into the starting lineup the same day.

Were you honestly expecting a OL that was without 2 of their top 3 OTs and literally had 2-3 practices together to look like the best OL in the league yesterday? All things considered, I thought the OL looked ok yesterday. Definitely not good but better than I thought they would. Flacco was the main issue that I saw. The guy is a statue in the pocket but that's what you get from a 37 year old QB that wasn't all that mobile even in his prime.

It's honestly a pretty reasonable expectation that this OL will look better as they get more reps together and dare I say...gel.

cval likes this.
  19. HackettSuxTNG

I absolutely did NOT expect the OL to look like the best OL in the league. The problem is the writing was on the wall months ago when team management decided to bet the integrity of the entire offensive line on whether or not Becton was healthy. That was an egregiously stupid gamble.

No question that Flacco's immobility was part of the problem. You don't think that Wilson's inexperience will cause similar problems?

Cman68 and Jets79 like this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I still don’t understand the over rotation of defensive lineman. Carl Lawson and Jermaine Johnson need to be on the field for 75-80% of the snaps with some Clemons mixed in. Same with Quinnen Williams and JFM gaps in on obvious throwing downs.

I understand Martin contributed have a sack, but enough of playing the best players 45-60% of the snaps. They did not rotate at this moronic clip in San Francisco. Armstead, Bosa and Buckner all played more than 75% of the snaps when they went to the SB and you bet your ass they were on the field on third downs.

The defensive line played decently so it’s hard to get on them too badly but it still doesn’t make sense.

Attackett and KY Jets Fan like this.