For the JD critics.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Sep 3, 2022.

1. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I think the Titans just don't play well against crappy NY teams. I mean, we beat them last year.

Royal Tee likes this.
  2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Fair enough. That scenario you were given is not realistic, but also assuming the year after Saleh sucks. Can't blame for that assumption.

3. JackBower

How many games has their HC been in charge?

Did we beat the Titans last year?

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The opening post needs to be bronzed and hung in the entry of the Jets fan HOF. Nothing so accurately presents the contentedness with losing of Jets fans as this post. Who gives a shit about actual success on the field as long as we can point to the fact that at least it’s not as bad as some previous shittier season.

Brook!, Ralebird, James Hasty and 3 others like this.
  5. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Results?

6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I find it funny that nobody thought we were going to win this game and when we lose those same people are shocked we lost and want everyone fired. If you thought we were going to get killed why are you surprised when it happened?

PJ4Ever and bicketybam like this.
  7. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

JD will start this team 0-4

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Douglas has spent a ton of resources on the offensive line and it’s still awful.

9. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I don’t think anyone is shocked we lost….we (or I should say I) are pissed that we were blown out yet again, that we were not competitive, that we shit the bed at home AGAIN.

I did not expect a win…not many on this forum were predicting a win…but is it too much to ask to be competitive? To not lose by double digits yet again? As soon as it went to 17-3 I posted that it was over, and it was. Even in garbage time we struggled.

the Giants who are no better showed life…they didn’t give up, they had two plays over 65 yards, they gambled and went for two with the game on the line, and they had to get lucky and have Tennessee miss a last second field goal but they won. They showed way more life than we did.

Again, I didn’t expect a win, but I wanted a competitive team.

Instead we got yet another blowout where we look like a fucking joke…

PJ4Ever and James Hasty like this.
  10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The last time we kept a losing GM and forced him on the new coaching hire, we got Adam Gase...

James Hasty and JetBlue like this.
  11. JetBlue

So if you are not surprised at losing it shouldn’t upset you? You should just be content rather than prefer to have an actual winning team? Another nominee for the Jet fan HOF exemplifying the contentedness with patheticness.Congrats, here’s your green jacket.

12. JackBower

I can't get to the point where I'm comparing JD to McCagnan.

Also, wasn't the ownership still making head coaching decisions at that point? We had that eff'd up structure where both the HC and GM reported to Woody.

13. JetBlue

Agreed on Saleh but JD won’t survive another losing season; Saleh was his hire and was a bad one. they will both go and rightfully so.

Brook! likes this.
  14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We may have lost by double digits but we were competitive most of this game. We just did not capitalize on our opportunities and made a couple of critical mistakes. Shanked punt , fumble, drop critical passes.

The defense looked great against the run, our LBs played well, our d-line played well. The secondary played ok.

Offense had some moments but the line struggled and Joe can't move. When we had scoring opportunities we choked.

All is not lost. We have a very good chance against Cleveland next week the Bengals QB threw 3 picks and the Steelers offense was horrible. We make those critical plays we have a chance.

15. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I think both JD and Saleh come back next year … this is what, year 4 of 6 for JD? And only year 2 for Saleh…I just can’t see us cleaning house honestly. I can see potentially Saleh getting the axe if we continue to come out looking like we did today for half the season…then JD may not have a choice, but outside of that I think they are both back next year

cval likes this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

JD isn't Maccagnan 2.0, he's Idzik 2.0. Comes from a Super Bowl-winning organization (two of them in JD's case) that he contributed nothing of worth to, as we can see by them continuing to win after he left. Agrees to take the job despite being saddled with an bad coach. Goes after 2nd-tier FAs and tries to build through the draft but he's terrible at drafting.

And yes, ownership was still making head-coaching decisions at that point, but it isn't like a good coach would come to work with Maccagnan regardless.

17. JackBower

I also can't compare JD to Idzik, a worse GM than McCagnan.

That change would probably mean a better chance for a 2nd coach

18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

WTF are you talking about? This shit you are spewing is why we suck. Fire everyone has worked so well. How about we stay the course and let it play out.

You would rather start from scratch with yet another new GM and coach. You can be critical but lazy/ emotional analysis is just boring.

James Hasty likes this.
  19. cval

cval Well-Known Member

JD is not the coach but ok.

20. HomeoftheJets

Maccagnan was worse than Idzik (who at least had the right idea of how to build a team, he just couldn't evaluate talent), and how is JD better than Idzik?

JetBlue likes this.