How?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFOREVER, Sep 11, 2022.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

So did the stadium.

Defense came to play one half and that’s their season. The offense is still at OTAs

tomdeb, westiedog1 and NYJFOREVER like this.
  2. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Flacid is our starting QB and he is a stiff(the irony, I get it) and until we get a QB who is capable, we'll be fucked for life.

westiedog1 likes this.
  3. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Flacco was looking to go deep where had plenty times to dumpoffs to our RBs.

But that’s what Flacco is, he’s an old school deep passer who needs jump ball style WRs like Boldin and a great OLine.

He’s NOT a careful distributor. MW is exactly that - so i’m not sure why CS refuses to play him.

And you play Cager over Mims? Just wow!

papapump and westiedog1 like this.
  4. burf

burf Well-Known Member

That's part A. Part B is the coaching staff. They talk a lot, especially Saleh, but it's all hot air.
    They make no in-game adjustments; never play fast on offense (ie: no huddle when it's needed); and are all about their schemes, have no clue how to integrate the upgraded talent. Hopefully, I'm wrong, & they'll surprise me, but last season the same thing... the scheme is god, no creativity nor adjustments.

PJ4Ever, Br4d and Linebacker712 like this.
  5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We know nothing better so we accept what is placed in front of us.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Sometimes I don’t even think you watch and just make shit up. 22 of his 37 completions went to two running backs, an underneath TE (Conklin) and a Smurf who only works in checkdown scenarios (Berrios).

Flacco sucks and everything sucks. But he wasn’t consistently looking to go deep. And Mims is dreadful. I’d rather play my dog than him at this point. My dog would at least play hard.

7. BrooklynJetsFan

In the 2nd half during garbage time. First half he was trying it throw deep until and waiting for things to open up. Check the stats yourself.

8. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

As much as I like Cager and was rooting for him to make the team, he's the fourth string TE. What are we doing?
    I don't know if Mims will ever be good but it's getting easier to understand his frustration.

westiedog1 and tomdeb like this.
  9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Br4d likes this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Flacco’s approach wasn’t wrong. Flacco just sucks.

I don’t disagree. I think White should play because he actually wants to try to win. But Flacco was captain checkdown today.

11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I wanted him also and thought it would be a good move... when i saw the dysfundtion last year, I accepted it but always stated this year was crucial. I just listen to a few minutes of his after game presser and he is clueless... I mean it. He actually stated that the team need to play with JUICE - what the *** does that mean - and that its the little things that were problems... You know like players missing assignments on deep balls...I saw one guy yelling at a another player to take the man and he gets beat for TD, I saw an OL that was terrible, I saw a QB who held the ball to long and get sacked - usually because the Fking WR couldn't seperate, etc.

This is a POORLY coached team period. they are now 0-13 in September. That in and of itself would have made me make sure this team was ready... W-4-L13, enough said.

tomdeb likes this.
  12. BrooklynJetsFan

MW knows how to checkdown faster and keep Defenses on their toes. He distributes the ball way better than anyone else on the team.

All we need is a QB who gets the ball in space to our fast receivers and backs quickly and as many different ones. Neither Zach or Flacco are particularly good at that.

PJ4Ever, westiedog1 and tomdeb like this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

We are in QB hell with Flacco. We are unwilling to take chances. We don’t take the short throws. We hold on to the ball. We don’t improvise ever to help the run, screens, reverses what ever I don’t care. Zero mobility. Cager over Mims for what reason? We can’t punt when it matters or hit field goals for momentum. The CS got a resound F on week one. Something about our game plan seems putrid. We have many bits and pieces of talent but we cant elevate ourselves against the competition. Predictable as holy hell. I refuse to think for one second that Wilson with all his rookie wows would not have at least sparked the energy of this offense to be much more creative.

14. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

White has had his ups and downs, no doubt, but he gets rid of the ball quickly and with this Oline, we can't have a statue playing QB.

papapump and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

It stems from the ownership. No expectations for winning. This franchise DOES NOT care about winning football games.

Robert Saleh said in his post game interview that he was proud of the Jets fighting with the Ravens. Did someone get into a fistfight when I was walking to my car when the Jets were down 24-3? What fight is he talking about?

tomdeb and JetBlue like this.
  16. NYJFOREVER

50% of the stadium were ravens fans.

17. NYJFOREVER

Garrett Wilson needs to be on the field over Corey Davis.

That’s the only complaint I have about personnel.

tomdeb, PJ4Ever and GQMartin like this.
  18. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Play G Wilson over Davis at WR
    Play White at QB
    Cager not ready
    Play Mims.

PJ4Ever and westiedog1 like this.
  19. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

What the hell do we have to lose by playing White? Flacco is totally immobile and we're not going to the playoffs anyway. Why would ANY team that has a much younger QB start a 37 year old with no future with the team or NFL??????

20. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Everything comes down to piss poor ownership. The Johnsons, especially Woody, are trash.

sozopol likes this.