Official Robert Saleh Thread for 2022 Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, I’m not as upset with the loss,
    overall. They played pretty close to B’More in the 1st half, thought they did decent defensively and we were running the ball well enough too. The problems were the offense as a whole. But I’m not gonna completely kill them, because Baltimore is decently better.

Regarding Saleh, he seemed a touch more animated than he normally was last year on the sideline. But I can’t help the feeling I get that he’s a fraud. His scheme is simple and basically comes down to him having better players! Hello??!! I can run as simple scheme and win if you give Me the best players.

Costello said it a few years ago, Saleh wil be a bandaid and the next guy will bee the one who really benefits from these players. Etc

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Believe it or not, neither am I...

Legit 1st year struggles for the play makers...they gonna make mistakes but saw some nice mf glimpses of who we be in 2-3...lol

Stevied likes this.
  3. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

We’ll I’m pissed…I didn’t think we had a shot to win at all…I just wanted us to be competitive and not get blown out.

that lasted for a half

I don’t think it’s too much to ask to not get blown out…I put the blame primarily on the OL shaky play, and on Flacco but then our playmakers didn’t help that much either…Conklin and Hall fumbled, Davis dropped a pass, Moore had an end zone push off…our playmakers have improved but they still made too many mistakes….

just hard to get anything going with that OL and JD takes a huge part of the blame there as we are too far into his tenure to still have this bad an OL. And I don’t want to hear any BS excuses about two starting tackles getting hurt because Becton was 100% predictable and Brown, while solid and durable, is still 37 years old…it should never have had to come to Brown had we merely resigned Moses or picked up a starting caliber tackle earlier or used a higher draft pick on one…there were other ways to play our hand…we bet on Becton and it backfired.

4. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Give them 3-4 games to start showing any sign of cohesiveness...
    the OL
    the Rookies
    the whole team....we have a few kids but I think they'll grow up quick but it's gonna take a few games...

Jojo, KY Jets Fan, mrjet80 and 2 others like this.
  5. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I'm with you on that but the fan base has had it. Too many years with too little progression. It's going to get real ugly this year if they keep playing like this.

Jojo and Jets79 like this.
  6. Stevied

My man! Yeah we have all this young talent, with decently high ceilings and floors, but we need time/scar tissue to get there. That’s what’s this year is about. Experience this year + solid draft/off-season, and we should be a real playoff team.

That said, we might have one too many bodies at DE, unless we slide JFM inside. Not crazy about Huff being deactivated. And doubt he plays anytime soon with JJ Gett’n a sack + I saw a TON of Clemons today. Maybe Huff + Mims should be sent cashed out.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Reality sucks..

8. Stevied

I agree JD deserves heat for the OL. Only thing g about Moses, are we sure he wanted to comeback? We’re a ways away from winning + he wouldn’t have been (at the time) been guaranteed a starting spot! Why would he want back in?

9. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Really? We need to way a quarter of a season after all that improvement in the offseason to see "any sign of cohesiveness?"

I'm not expecting this team to be 3-1 after four weeks, but I refuse to set the bar that low.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Saleh ran out of busses...

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You should... These are the Jets and low expectations is what keeps this fanbase going. I don't set bars anymore as its a futile endeavour.

12. Stevied

You didn’t see the Defense as Better than last year or cohesive?

Jets1035 likes this.
  13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

HCs hate fumbles and RBs fumble the most. Belichick has a revolving door on his RB doghouse.

I thought it was a pretty honest assessment of what happened.

Royal Tee likes this.
  14. HackettSuxTNG

Definitely not the offensive line, which many claimed was vastly improved by offseason moves.

15. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I do like the accountability, but I don't want him becoming Matt Rhule.

That guy sucks as a HC. He throws anyone he can under the bus to get the shade off him. Today they lost because of the refs.

16. HackettSuxTNG

What about HIS accountability?

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I didn't watch the game so I can't comment on it, but as to Saleh's time here, he's on a ticking clock. After years of failure and disappointment which are not his fault, most of the fans have no patience left. They've done all the "reasonable" they can stomach and the results are the same. After Gase, Woody should've realized that was a "make or break" moment for the team and that he needed to get it right for once - failure to do so might well mean the ultimate failure of this franchise. IDK if Saleh can somehow turn things around, but he has this year - at most - to prove to the fans he was the right choice. It may be that JD/Woody won't fire him unless he produces an absolute dumpster fire like 1-18 2-15, but the fans will...they'll just stop watching and going because we're done.

Frankly, call me a "conspiracy nut", but it wouldn't surprise me if Woody's actual goal is to have the fans "drive the team away" so he can move it to a much more lucrative market with less press coverage. I mean you really couldn't come up with a better plan for doing so than what he and his little brother have done.

I made a conscious choice today to not hunt for a way to watch the game and simply went outside and did yardwork. I feel much better for it. I do feel a little bit of "survivor's guilt" for all of you who watched it, but I know that will pass. Until they start producing and not "exucing" I'll find plenty of other ways to spend my time.

westiedog1 likes this.
  18. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Any pressers when a HC walks up and says gee I suck? Not too sure what you mean by this. He says the usual it's all of us coaches down to the players crap all coaches say when they lose.

19. Stevied

That unit I’m with ya-although not completely.

20. HackettSuxTNG

I would setter "The Coaching staff needs to be better prepared".