Mike LaFleur

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Jan 3, 2022.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Well, it didn't age well as it still applies. LaFleur's playcalling is some of the worst I've seen and I'm talking Adam Gase's era or error. It's just really hard to watch. I usually stay and watch every Jets game till the end but I had enough today. There are no positives, missed field goal, horrible punt and why is Joyner still on this team let alone starting?

2. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Not denying that. And he’s paid exactly like that.

Still had most receptions and yards on the team

Royal Tee likes this.
  3. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

Can we trade for the Ravens 3rd string LT he could have been worse Iol

4. BrooklynJetsFan

JD signed Flacco no?

James Hasty likes this.
  5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Garrett Wilson showed a high football IQ today. That kid will be a star.

6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I am not going to lose any sleep over a rookie getting a limited number of snaps in his first ever NFL game.

Moore was flagged for pushing off a receiver in the end zone.

Even if you consider Davis to be a # 2 WR the young guys need to prove themselves.

Handing jobs to unproven rookies are why we sucked at QB and OT today.

Noam and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  7. BrooklynJetsFan

Why is Flacco on this team? Because of JD. facts!

NYJetsO12 and Royal Tee like this.
  8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I liked what I saw and hope he does well but he is still just a rookie.

9. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Well, I made that comment about LaFleur last year...I wasn't impressed today though.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I’m not a JD lover and I think the coaching staff is bad. Trash Corey Davis should catch that ball. He gets paid to do so.

blackssmagic and boozer32 like this.
  11. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Smoke and mirrors imo. They may not have looked terrible today but the Jets have to scheme just so they don’t look terrible. How many tackles did Hall/Carter break within 1 yard of the line of scrimmage and how many times did they throw dink and dunks to the RB’s. Would be nice to get 5 yards on 1st down sometimes and work with 2nd/3rd and short. There’s a reason the Jets never can sustain drives and go 0-10 on third downs. As it stands, when 4th and 1 comes around you won’t ever see them convert up the middle… for years they have not had a very physical oline and I didn’t see anything different today. They played good enough to be the worst unit on the field (both teams).

Will say Flacco being a statue didnt help today but Zach’s gonna be running for his life when he gets back and people here are going to get very frustrated with him due to this stinky oline.

blackssmagic and cmcm750203 like this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He and Sauce are both going to be stars. The problem will be if they end up like every other good player the Jets draft.

blackssmagic, cval and Jets79 like this.
  13. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

And it’s really inexcusable…this is now JDs 4th year…he talks trenches, and yet our OL sucks

I am SO SICK of this “well they need time to gel” shit…we hear that year in year out. We never should have relied on Becton this offseason and I think that’s what started the shitshow. We had pressure up the middle all day today…Fant looked awful at LT because they keep yanking him around because we relied on an injury prone player and then backed him up with a 37 year old last minute signing…just bad mismanagement.

Time after time we come out flat and uninspired…how does this keep happening?

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

tough crowd. His playcalling was fine last year. Flacco looked even slower then last year…and the line looked messy.

the alternative is ASHTYN Davis at FS.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Mike LaFleur is not the problem here.

The problem is the OL is like a patchwork Frankenstein again and the QB's all have warts and frankly the system he wants to run is outdated by 2022 NFL standards. None of that is his fault. He didn't pick the OL and he didn't pick the QB (and nobody is going to convince me that the OC gets to pick the QB because that is *never* the case) and he was hired to run this system by people who didn't understand that it is already outdated.

If you're racing in the Indy 500 with a car that is 30-40 years old you are going to get smoked every time and the WCO is 30-40 years old at this point.

boozer32 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  16. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

No offense what what team were you watching? The game was only close because Balt wasn't executing well in the 1st half and then they got it together and then it wasn't even close....

This CS record is 4-13, let that sink in and then you can list your reasons for a team that looks and played like a JV team. They lacked preperation, they missed assignments, they execution was piss poor on most plays and bad execution on all three TDs.
    Frankly, all three phases of the game were not good but the O play calling was atrocious ...

17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The Jets defense pushed the Ravens around in the 1st half shutting down the run and providing constant pressure. They should have given up 0 to 3 points. 3 points came from the Int and the TD came on the Ravens 6th possession of the half from a pass interference call followed by the great catch on the TD bouncing off Halls hands into the recievers hands.

The Jets offense had plenty of opportunities but was their own worst enemy with drops, fumbles and inability to pass block. The Jets averaged 6 yards per carry in the first half and almost doubled the Ravens in yards. The the two biggest plays in this game was the drop of a first down by Moore on the play before we missed the FG and the fumble by Conklin at the 17 yard line forcing us to kick. The Ravens converted their scoring opportunities into TDs while we did the opposite with a missed FG, dropped 1st downs, two fumbles in the red zone, a TD called back by penalty and a dropped TD.

What I expected to see in this game was the Jets dominated on both sides of the ball. That was not the case other than pass protection. What we saw was less being outclassed and more of a a very young team with 13 new starters making a ton of mistakes learning how to play together. I find that a big improvement over last year or my expectations for week 1.

#177 Noam, Sep 11, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
  18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well . He can’t help that. But he looked better than our vets. Hope we don’t screw him up too.

blackssmagic and NYJetsO12 like this.
  19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am ready to stop this Torture with this fucking Team and cesspool of Management...why do the Jets even have to play because the net result leave fans hopeless and empty??? SELLL THE TEAM WOODY

At this point I wouldn't mind if some Sheik fron the UAE buying this team and have the damn stadium in Oman...out sight >>>>out of mind

I said it before ..all I see is 17 Losses until proven otherwise

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Paging Steve Cohen...

NYJetsO12 likes this.