How?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFOREVER, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Damn right they do!

They did it for the Giants in the 70's and they need to do it for us now.

cmcm750203 likes this.
  2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

We better turn this shit around quick or were fighting the Giants for the top overall pick

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

This is the first season in my life that I have zero interest in the team as the season starts. I suppose the origin of my disinterest goes back to the drafting of Zach Wilson; last year I was willing to be hopeful that I was wrong about him, this year I have no hope. He was a waste of a pick which is an indictment of the GM that picked him and, in turn, the coach that same GM picked. I have no such optimism for this team, the GM or coaches, so I just don’t care.

The answer to the question “how?” is obvious. We have another incompetent regime and QB; being this pathetic is the most likely outcome. The better question is how any fans could have expected differently? It’s not even just being a cynical fan; we are widely expected to be this bad.

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

donkey and JetBlue like this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you've contracted the Flacko Flu.

Take two aspirins and a Big Gulp cup full of whiskey...

6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

The owners need to sell to someone that can get It done. Fuck the Johnsons.

7. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

It's both sad and funny that after one game, it feels like about 90% of the posters here realize that the season is already over.

bicketybam and Jets79 like this.
  8. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

yup…sad but true

we see the same shit we’ve seen for years…we never come out ready to play…we continue to see bad OL play, shitty QB play, and a D that can’t hold up when it counts.

we’ve been watching this shit for years

would it have looked any better with Zach? I don’t know…maybe a healthy Zach could’ve made some plays with his legs but he wasn’t great at making quick reads last year either so who knows…

REVISion and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  9. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

1. Okay, I get he had a good camp but why is Lawrence Cager playing with the first team in the first half? Didn't we get 2 FA's for that position? One mistake led to an interception and the other killed a drive.

2. I know it looked like the OL didn't hold up, but to me it was about Flacco not being decisive and holding the ball too long. Short passes to the playmakers is what's needed here. Didn't they have enough time between Zach's injury and today to practice simple offensive plays?

3. Defense played well.

4. Kicking Teams were atrocious.

5. Again costly mistakes. The sign of a poorly coached team. You can't give a veteran team opportunities by squandering scoring chances and expect to win. Had the Jets been able to put some points on the board early, the outcome may have been different.

10. Br4d

We also forget that the Jets were strongly influenced by the NFL to hire Jim Kensil as CEO in 1977. Kensil was the NFL's Director of Operations at the time. He built the organization that got back to the playoffs in 1981 and was competitive for much of the 80's.

papapump, Dierking and James Hasty like this.
  11. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I think its the owners who are the problem. The owner went off to England to be an ambassador. So it's obvious the Jets are a tax write off no attention to his organization other than writing the checks. The Jets need someone who is in their face 24/7 and calling down questioning a coach playcalling. Do you think Jerry Jones or DeBartolo would put up with this? The late Al Davis would have relieved Saleh at halftime.

westiedog1 likes this.
  12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Who else are we going to start? Our starting QB is hurt.

13. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Shit sandwich seems about right.

Dierking likes this.
  14. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Only 90%?

westiedog1 likes this.
  15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Flacco, another ringing endorsement of our GM and an answer to the question “how?”.

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I knew it before the game started, but who's counting.

17. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

The sad thing is, it seemed like Saleh was an excellent choice. He was highly sought after by multiple teams and across the board, every analyst applauded his hiring. I, and I know many here, were very excited that they hired him. I wasn't expecting a Super Bowl from him out of the gate, but I've been totally blindsided by how incompetent this team has been under his coaching. They've actually been worse under him than Gase!

It does beg the question, what is it going to take to turn this team around?? They made a bunch of dumb moves, such as hiring Gase and making terrible draft choices throughout the 2010s, so the coaching staff had its work cut out for them. But the fact that they seem to be completely incompetent even with upgraded talent is mindblowing.

SOJAZ and westiedog1 like this.
  18. Br4d

It's going to take an experienced NFL operator who understands how to create a successful NFL team. Unfortunately the Jets are not in a position in which hiring a promising young guy who has never done the job before is likely to work. You can do that in a successful organization but when you are in an extremely dysfunctional organization like the Jets you are just going to eat that guy alive and be hiring the next guy in a few years - like the Jets did with JD.

19. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

By Thursday, I’ll be telling myself there’s a chance we can win. And against better judgement I’ll tune in. Strange how after 40 something years I can still do that to myself. The very definition of insanity. I’m sure it’s the same for a lot here. The hell is wrong with us.

Br4d and ouchy like this.
  20. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

How?

1. You have a banged up OL, but yet you start the most immobile QB in the history of the NFL, when you have younger QBs on the bench and on the practice squad who can move around--dump flacco now!
    2. You hang onto a punter who was horseshit last year and he delivers you a 20 yard punt on opening day
    3. You overstack your WR and DL positions , so that you end up playing rookies and scrubs at OT
    4. You play a free safety who hasn't played free safety in years and then you cut your promising new free safety
    5. You sign $13-$15M per free agents like Lawson and Davis who collect their money and do squat.
    6. You hire a cheerleader coach
    7. You always find a K who can't make squat and you cut the K who was perfect for you last year.

etc. etc.

Br4d, papapump, ouchy and 5 others like this.