Have you lost faith that Zach Wilson could be a franchise QB?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETFUEL1580, Sep 7, 2022.

?

Have you lost faith that Zach Wilson could be a franchise QB?

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    29.8%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    26.2%
  3. Too Early To Tell

37 vote(s)
    44.0%
  1. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

by “quite a bit of progress” he went from absolutely laughably awful to just really awful.

blackssmagic and REVISion like this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Well he's gonna have a whole lot of mental reps saved up. That whole "emotional hurdle of playing" might have to wait until mid-season, though.

3. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Jets fans have such cognitive dissonance:

Franchise sucks for 5 decades-- still sticking with them.
    QB or Coach sucks for 5 seconds-- Fire the bastards!

Losmeister, LAJet, cval and 1 other person like this.
  4. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

If it’s “too early to tell” then the action of losing faith hasn’t happened Ie NO. IMO, by you adding the 3rd option you’re skewing the vote. .

twown, Borat and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

How about Wilson gives us something to work with?

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The missing option is: "I never had faith he would be a franchise quarterback."

7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think pretty much everyone who has some faith in Zach thinks it is too early to tell whether he will actually be FQB or not.

KingRoach likes this.
  8. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

It's too early to tell, but the things that concern me is that he didn't appear to make major strides and improvements in training camp, and he's going to go into the season missing four games and most of training camp due to his injury. That's likely to be a significant setback in his development, but it's questionable how good he would be judging by his pre-injury performance.

blackssmagic and rinvesto like this.
  9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Acad23 likes this.
  10. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I'm voting it's too soon to tell, but things are trending poorly. The extremely poor play at times last year was concerning, now there's the fragility element as well. Whether he comes back in Week 4 or later, he needs to make staying healthy and on the field goal number one. If that means using his running ability to only extend plays in the pocket, then throwing it away if there's nothing there, and not trying to run for yardage, I'm ok with that. He needs to show what he can do passing the football and putting up points to make me a believer. He should leave running for yards to the more durable QBs, at least until he's established himself.

rinvesto, REVISion and Jets79 like this.
  11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

That is a very vocal crowd on this forum. How about we just wait and see.

bicketybam likes this.
  12. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

I still think it's too early to tell but i think he MUST make a major leap this season if he's going to become that FQB and the injury really puts him behind the 8 ball...

Jets79 likes this.
  13. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure about Zach as much as I'm losing respect for ROBERT SALEH.....

rinvesto and Wut? like this.
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

LOL. Simple, Jet's cognitive dissonance is perpetrated by continuing the same vicious cycle. If you demand to fire the QB, the CS, the GM, at the earliest setback, without ever giving anyone adequate time to fix the problem, damned the circumstances. Keep doing it over and over you can almost guarantee 5 more decades of the same shit, without even ever understanding the real root cause of the problem. Like it or not, ther long term plan for JD and this team was six years with the first one an absolute waste by keeping Gase. While we should expect significant improvement this year, we tend to forget yesterday was year one for the rebuilt with a new rookie CS and rookie QB.

15. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Regarding the original question, I can not lose that which I never possessed.

To be fair, I don't expect to see another Jets FQB any time soon, so its nothing specific too Wilson.

Ralebird likes this.
  16. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Are there any QBs, GMs, or coaches that we fired in the last 10-15 years that went on to have success elsewhere? I can't think of any.

Our problem is just that we pick bad coaches, GMs, and QBs, not that we get rid of them too quickly. Our recent past shows we actually hold onto those guys for a year too long in most cases. Gase's lame duck season, letting Mac ruin one final draft before firing him, bringing back Darnold for a 3rd year after 2 horrendous years, etc.

We had a relatively perfect coaching hire in Pederson staring us in the face and we hired a mediocre defensive coordinator instead. Pederson has a SB ring, he's offense-focused, and was a QB so he would've been good for developing Wilson.

17. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Na, We would have run him out of town as well. Rex was a good coach as was Bowles.

18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You make some great points about our past, of which BTW the only common denominator thru out all of it is the ownership. This fan base has been very critical of the scouting department for ever, particularly when it comes to selecting a QBs. I do believe we are getting better with JD but the wild card will be the development of Wilson. Injuries have been a bitch to deal with. I do still think we should give both Saleh and Wilson a chance over the next two years. Im less concerned about Saleh than his DC. I also think our OC is the real deal and he should be able to develop our QB. With Wilson, if he shows no significant improvement this year I would be very disappointed but we will need to bring in competition in 23 , or if we have no capability to pick one with the draft bite the bullet and do what Denver did. . I think we have enough young talent to build a winner with.
    I also think JD is the real deal as a GM, and if we let him go,I feel he will be picked up in no time. He is that well respected across the league.

Jets79 likes this.
  19. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Has naught to do w/ faith in Zach... its either you are a sports fan with a clue, or your are a....

cval likes this.
  20. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

give him 3 years, just like we did Sam

BrooklynJetsFan and cval like this.