Suck for CJ!

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Jets-N-Terps, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

At what point do we finally realize that Zach Wilson is not our guy and start looking at the next Jets quarterback? Assuming the inevitable and Zach either comes back and sucks, or gets hurt again, who do you like in the draft class of 2023?

Jets69 likes this.
  2. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Sorry, this is a terrible post. The jury is out on Zach. He showed progress at the end of last season. He showed progress in camp before he got hurt. It is NOT inevitable that he comes back and either sucks or gets hurt.

The main thing now is to get him healthy and go from there.

There is still a lot to be excited about in the first few weeks of the season. Plenty of young guys to cheer on. Need to see if the D steps up. Will second year players such as Moore and Carter take the next step. How good are Hall and G. Wilson ? Will Clemons destroy some hapless QB ???

Will Saleh get the team playing cohesively.

I am cautiously optimistic that we will show reasonable improvement and I think we will see a lot of positives from most of the young guys.

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Already looking.

The minute he puts one in the dirt at a WR/RB's feet it is all over for me

I'd be on the phone to the 49ers looking to do a swap for Lance

/s

4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

If the Jets were looking to kick the tires on a trade with SF it would be for Jimmy G. SF is trying to build around Lance as their FQB.

Yankee6 likes this.
  5. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Hence the /s

GREG and K'OB like this.
  6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

No, the Jets would look to get Lance, 49ers would then say no as we are building a team around him.

The Jets absolutely would not call the 49ers about a swap deal involving Wilson and Jimmy G.

But then again I wasn't really being serious anyway

/s denotes sarcasm ;)

7. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I don't want to see the Jets give up on Wilson just yet. It sucks that he will miss time but they have to see what they with him. The one thing that is concerning is he seems injury prone. Last year and now this one.

LF911SC likes this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

And we need this thread now why? What has changed. it was 2-4 weeks and every one said let him sit and observe. Now we want to trade him? Please Lord this is insane.

9. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

He showed progress right up until he had to actually play real football without the red jersey on. He promptly threw a bad interception and got hurt on the next drive. He was hurt in high school. He was injured and had surgery in college. He was hurt his rookie year, and now is missing AT LEAST 3 weeks in his 2nd year due to a non contact injury. He is a smaller quarterback that likes to improvise with a significant injury history. He's not durable and will probably never will be. How often does a guy like that get healthier as his career goes on?
    The fans and the front office need to face the fact that he is NOT the guy. He might have talent and may be able to make plays when healthy, but if he doesn't play who gives a fuck?

rinvesto likes this.
  10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

At what point do we realize Stroud's not the guy? He's just another Ohio State QB who will never amount to anything in the NFL.

Wait for Cade to come out from Clemson.

Jojo likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Keep an eye on the kid from Florida, Anthony Richardson, he has some elite tools

having said that if the Jets end up with the number 1 overall pick they have to take the Alabama pass rusher no matter what as he is incredible

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Yes let’s just keep hoping we lose some more !!!!

KingRoach and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  13. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

There is no hope. Just Jets losses.

14. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

There are 262 draft picks and 232 days until the Draft. I mean, we could start a countdown thread.

I might wait until we are two scores down on Sunday.

Acad23 and Noam like this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He's not human... he's like a piece of iron.

stinkyB likes this.
  16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Championship?

abyzmul likes this.
  17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that we will know all we need to know about Wilson by October 30 before five o'clock and I'd give it an 85% chance it will not be favorable for him. That is based on the premise that he'll have played four or five games by then and had the advantage of being able to observe a few from the sidelines and stayed on the newly revised track of healing and rehab. I would expect in the games he plays that we see a slightly improved player from last year but one who still reacts poorly to pressure.

He will have a handful of highlight reel plays from an ultraconservative game plan that his promoters will continue to cite as some kind of sign of NFL adaptability but the majority of his work will only serve to confirm what we've seen to date, that while he does have the physical tools improvise and to make some good plays, the mental part of the everyday game and its speed is too much for him to master.

I hope I get proven wrong, that maybe his sitting for a month as he should have for part of last season, will prove to be what he needed to slow the game down to the point that he sees the field better and uses that extra time to find the right guy and get himself set more consistently before releasing the ball. Without that he'll never reach even the level of mediocrity in the NFL.

#17 Ralebird, Sep 7, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
  18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Suck for CJ!

Breece Hall, Bryce Hall, Bryce Huff....if they're going QB in 2023, Bryce Young

Brook! likes this.
  19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

No more drafting QBs in the top 10.

20. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Will Levis could become a day 1 pick in 2023. Watching him play, I see why there are Allen comps. Lose for Levis?