Schefter: Zach Wilson with Bone Bruise & Meniscus Tear (out 2-4 weeks)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Aug 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

thanks for posting the link I love stuff like this, but this guy just rambles on and on way too much for me…just get to it!

Jojo and Noam like this.
  3. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I agree. He goes off on too many tangents which is why I think I stopped watching at some point. But, I love these videos even if they screw with my work productivity quite a lot.

I don't know if you have watched Pavia's weekly film breakdowns before. They are really good. I did not realize how good they were until, I was watching a JT O'Sulivan breakdown the other day and compared it to a Pavia breakdown of the same game film and it was amazing how much more detail Pavia gives from the QB keys, coverage, where he should go with the ball to better camera angles.O'Sullivan's production quality, use of diagrams and highlights and overall polish was much much better but from a pure football information standpoint Pavia is much better. Although I should give O'Sullivan credit some plays he does great work but he is very inconsistent from play to play. Some of Pavia's work contradicted O'Sullivan with better angles and almost always more information. I am really impressed with Pavia.

#643 Noam, Sep 6, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  4. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

haven’t seen Pavia but sounds like I need to! I do like this stuff…just this guy took too long to get to the point, he even says grab a beer and settle down or something like that and I just can’t…I kept wanting to fast forward then just got frustrated waiting for him to make a point and quit…couldn’t leave comments or feedback for him but that would be it for me

Noam likes this.
  5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

It gets better as it goes on. I really like the emphasis on Zach's footwork and how he needs to be calm in the pocket. I have seen other film breakdowns that show Zach hopping on the last step of his drop and not pointing his left foot at the target. But, this video not only talks about that but how he ends up hopping because of a long stride or his failure to reset. I also like it how shows inconsistency in the same game showing similar throws with good footwork and bad. I can't wait to see how much he cleans that up this year but IMO the biggest cause of mechanical issues is hus lack of confidence and thinking too much, When things go well he gets in a rhythm and his footwork improves. when he things go bad he presses, his footwork falls apart and it everything goes downhill. IMO a lot of this is not only on Zach but on MLF and the defense. MLF needs to find a way to give Zach some easy throws to build his confidence early in games. The defense needs to put less pressure on the offense and Zach needs to learn to calm down and relax. Looking at the tape I can see one saying the glass is half full or half empty. There is a lot of inconsistency that needs to be cleaned up but playing better leads to more confidence which will hopefully clean up most of these issues. Easier said than done but it gives the argument of hope.

#645 Noam, Sep 6, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
    Jets79 likes this.
  6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

What in the fuck? How did it go from "3-4 weeks of recovery" to "he might be ready early" to "actually he needs almost two months"?

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Guess they want him to make up the practice reps he missed

9. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

10. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

wow!

like WTF?

this is surprising in that we never heard this was such a long recovery period.

I’m all for making sure he’s healthy, but it’s just a surprise that he’ll miss three games. And if you read the words, it’s not even confirming week 4, it’s just saying that’s “the earliest”…which of course also means it could be longer

I’d love to understand what changed

cval and Noam like this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

Just what we needed, another half sample size of Wilson. He's going to have to impress big time if we're gonna commit to him beyond this year.

SOJAZ likes this.
  12. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Interesting Saleh said "mind and body" need to be 100%.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Well... that's a kick in the nuts...

14. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

2-4 week injury becomes 8 weeks.

How is it professional sports franchise consistently get injury timelines wrong? I understand some people recover differently than others but being a month off is asinine.

On the verge of losing whatever patience I have with my idiot teams (Mets and Jets I’m looking at you) and just giving up on the sports.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  15. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Sounds like he probably reinsured himself in practice.

16. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Every time you think you're in the clear with this team something else pops up...

Pepsiguy5, blackssmagic and cval like this.
  17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

It’s going to be even funnier when Zach Wilson dresses as the backup QB week 1.

18. BroadwayAaron

Let's pretend that things actually go our way and we are .500 after the first four games with Flacco, maybe even 3-1 if we pull one off against either the Ravens or Bengals... how do you go back to Wilson? Just a fucking mess all around. We have to hope the team stinks and loses so that our second year QB can get on the field for another 12 game sample size. Only the Jets man.

ouchy and cval like this.
  19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Fucking joke of a franchise. How is he almost ready to play to out 4 weeks? How are they so wrong with Becton last year? How do they have Becton practicing with a brace this year and a noticeable limp and then he gets knocked out for the season? How does Zach go from a 2-4 week to 8 weeks? What in the flying fuck is this regime doing? HOW?????????

This is actually the first time I have gotten pissed at Saleh and staff. Another regime, same stench.

20. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I'm not really all that surprised, we don't know the extent of the meniscus tear. My sister had the procedure and wasn't right for at least 6 months after. At least they aren't trying to rush him back. It's not like they should win any of the games he'll miss, possibly Clev but it's not a given.

stinkyB and Ralebird like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.